Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

info needed about cp interview

hello

just came across this forum today. me and my husband have a CP interview on july 22 in chennai. i have a few questions about the packet 4 contents. we got a letter of appointment from the consulate and another sheet with list of documents required. I want to know if:
a) appointment letter is same as OF-171?
b) are these the only documents that one gets in packet 4?
c) somewhere in this thread i read about fees being mentioned on page 3 of packet 4, we did not get any page 3. are we missing some documents?
d) also on the consulate website there is a mention of some medical form. we did not get any.what is this form and is it required for the lab tests?

It will be great if someone could answer these questions.
Thank you
cp_quest

cp_quest said:
hello

just came across this forum today. me and my husband have a CP interview on july 22 in chennai. i have a few questions about the packet 4 contents. we got a letter of appointment from the consulate and another sheet with list of documents required. I want to know if:
a) appointment letter is same as OF-171?
{Yes}
b) are these the only documents that one gets in packet 4?
{Usually this is all you get in packet 4 but in sometimes they may add
a blank medical form also}
c) somewhere in this thread i read about fees being mentioned on page 3 of packet 4, we did not get any page 3. are we missing some documents?
{No idea, but I assume you would be ready with all necessary documents
by now}
d) also on the consulate website there is a mention of some medical form. we did not get any.what is this form and is it required for the lab tests?

{You would need this medical form to carry to the Lab and the Physician's
office. You can download this form from the Consulate website or
possibly from www.immihelp.com }

It will be great if someone could answer these questions.
Thank you
cp_quest

{my respones}

Raju

Congrats Rashmi about your Interview date. Actually I sent an email Sunday night our time and I was told to wait until Thursday. As I said, NVC sent my case on 5/10/04.
Anyway, I tried calling but the automated system says no clerk available.
I will send an email tomorrow asking for the date. Expecting it mostly in August.

Rashmi;

Do you know when Chennai Consulate will publish the appointment schedule for August? Also, would you care to venture a guess as to when my appointment could be? Given that my case reached Chennai on June 23, do you think the appointment could be in August?

Thank you

subhasankalp said:
Rashmi;

Do you know when Chennai Consulate will publish the appointment schedule for August? Also, would you care to venture a guess as to when my appointment could be? Given that my case reached Chennai on June 23, do you think the appointment could be in August?

Thank you

Looking at the "track record" you can expect them to publish tomorrow. Am now surprised why they would let me know. But ask others to wait till Thursday. Guess even I need to wait till they publish, to be 100% sure.

When the consulate wrote about your case reaching them did they give you a probable date?

A few weeks back Rjain2 and others developed a "guessing" algorithm ;) According to that your date will be in September. This is just guessing nothing to dishearten you. Hey who knows you might get an earlier date than mine. With mine being the rear end of August might as well be in September.

Rashmi

I should reword my statement about my case reaching Chennai on June 23. I get all my information from my company's lawyers. What my lawyer told me is that NVC's message indicates that case was sent to Chennai on June 23. I do not know how long it takes for the case to be transferred to Chennai (I am guessing it is not instantaneous :)). In which case, my appointment date is probably in September.

Do I have to wait till mid august to find out my appointment in September?

Thank you once again

subhasankalp said:
I should reword my statement about my case reaching Chennai on June 23. I get all my information from my company's lawyers. What my lawyer told me is that NVC's message indicates that case was sent to Chennai on June 23. I do not know how long it takes for the case to be transferred to Chennai (I am guessing it is not instantaneous :)). In which case, my appointment date is probably in September.

Do I have to wait till mid august to find out my appointment in September?

Thank you once again

If you have the NVC case number/LIN number you can check the NVC AVM yourself.

Yeah, there is gap of say 7-10 days from the time NVC sending it to Chennai and the consulate logging the case. In my opinion you can expect a Sept. interview. And, yes you'll be checking with consulate same time next month for the dates.

Rashmi

next nvc message

Hi ,

When can I expect the nVC message to asy "the case review is complete"? My case was recd on July 8th and the message has not changed since then. Would a week from July 8th be reasonable?? Thanks ,

Dilbert

dilbert30 said:
Hi ,

When can I expect the nVC message to asy "the case review is complete"? My case was recd on July 8th and the message has not changed since then. Would a week from July 8th be reasonable?? Thanks ,

Dilbert

The length of time quoted by NVC for review is 6 to 8 weeks. But normally you
would see this process finish in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Raju

Thanks,Raju. I really wish things proceed since already its taken so much time.

Dilbert

Raju595 said:
The length of time quoted by NVC for review is 6 to 8 weeks. But normally you
would see this process finish in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Raju

Hello Rashmi;

I do not have a LIN number but a case# with format of MDR[blah]. Can I call NVC to find out when this case# was received at Chennai? Which # do I call?

Thank you,

Hi ,

You can call the # 603-334-0700 (automated voice mail for nvc) and you have option to either use your Lin# or NVC case # (which is MDR #). u will be asked to enter MDR and on confirmation, the 10 digits that follow the MDR #. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dilbert.

subhasankalp said:
Hello Rashmi;

I do not have a LIN number but a case# with format of MDR[blah]. Can I call NVC to find out when this case# was received at Chennai? Which # do I call?

Thank you,

subhasankalp said:
Hello Rashmi;

Thank you,

Follow Dilbert's instructions.

Thank you Rashmi and Dilbert. I found from the NVC message system that my case was transferred to Chennai on 6/23/04. It seems like I have to contact Chennai to find further status of the case. How long do you folks think I should wait before I contact the consulate? Given that my appointment would be in September, would Chennai have assigned a appointment date by now?

Once again thank you for the help.

Accomodation near Consulate

Hi, My appointment is confirmed for 1st week of August.Is it better to reserve the room from here? I am looking for some advice on choosing a hotel that has internet connection so that I don't have to search for internet center.Any recommendations?

Hi ,

Would you mind telling me if you are EB1 or EB2 or EB3 case? I am trying to understand a trend. Although it is widely believed that employment based cases have their interviews in the second half of the month, in June and july there have been interviews all thro the month. However it is the EB3 cases that have had the benefit. EB2 cases seem to be given only a date in the second half of a month. So, if you could clarify, that would be really great.

Thanks,
Dilbert

Namratac said:
Hi, My appointment is confirmed for 1st week of August.Is it better to reserve the room from here? I am looking for some advice on choosing a hotel that has internet connection so that I don't have to search for internet center.Any recommendations?

Just shoot them an email today. You'll get some response for sure.

subhasankalp said:
Thank you Rashmi and Dilbert. I found from the NVC message system that my case was transferred to Chennai on 6/23/04. It seems like I have to contact Chennai to find further status of the case. How long do you folks think I should wait before I contact the consulate? Given that my appointment would be in September, would Chennai have assigned a appointment date by now?

Once again thank you for the help.

My appointment is confirmed for 6th August. Mine is EB3
Someone told me about Hotel Sangeetha around the Consulate.