Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

Going_CP said:
Anyone called Chennai Consulate and found out about August Interviews.
Expecting my interview 100% in August since it was not in July.

I wrote them an email yesterday and this what they wrote: "Please check with us after July 12 for the dates."

By the way when was your case sent to Madras?

Rashmi

NVC -> MDR: June 8, 2004
Interview: August?

Few questions about CP

Hi All,
I have my CP inteview scheduled on July16 at chennai cosulate.
I have few qustions to be clarified before i go.

1) i did not receive P4 so far by post. So i got by email,Is it enough to enter into consulate without any major debate at the enterance?

2) I got employment confirmation letter from my employer.But it is not addressed to Consulate General, It just say " To whonever it concern".
Is that okay?

3)I am very clear about fees at consulate. I already paid $335/head at NVC. Do i need pay anything at consulate?. I am not clear about insuance fee $65 what consulate specified in P4.

Someone please reply! Thanks in advance.
-VG

vijimb said:
Hi All,
I have my CP inteview scheduled on July16 at chennai cosulate.
I have few qustions to be clarified before i go.

1) i did not receive P4 so far by post. So i got by email,Is it enough to enter into consulate without any major debate at the enterance?

{printout of the email will be ok to show at the medical lab, physician and
the consulate entrance. As a backup take a printout of the list of
appointments from the consulate website, and highlight the portion that
shows your case number}

2) I got employment confirmation letter from my employer.But it is not addressed to Consulate General, It just say " To whonever it concern".
Is that okay?

{I am not sure. It may be OK. However if you can, take another letter
properly addressed to the Consulate General of US}

3)I am very clear about fees at consulate. I already paid $335/head at NVC. Do i need pay anything at consulate?. I am not clear about insuance fee $65 what consulate specified in P4.

{What you have paid is all you need to pay. Apart from this you would
only need to pay the charges for the courier service}
Someone please reply! Thanks in advance.
-VG

{my responses}

Raju

rashmi_rau said:
I wrote them an email yesterday and this what they wrote: "Please check with us after July 12 for the dates."

Rashmi

Hi Rashmi,
MDR: June 8, 2004 --> i assume this is the date you have it on your PK3 ,i have the same date in mywife's PK3 .It would be nice if the Interview will be in August

rashmi_rau said:

Rashmi

My case was sent on May5th. I expected the interview about 99% in July. But I did not get it. Now I' m most certainly expecting the interview in August.
I will check with them Monday(IST).

wdcpost said:
Hi Rashmi,
MDR: June 8, 2004 --> i assume this is the date you have it on your PK3 ,i have the same date in mywife's PK3 .It would be nice if the Interview will be in August

NVC -> MDR: June 8, 2004; this is the date I hear on the NVC AVM as to when they have sent the case to the consulate.

I expect the Chennai consulate to publish the dates online the coming Monday (July 12, 2003).

Rashmi

PCC Queries

Hi All,

My case has been transfered to Chennai for CP. Waiting to receive the P4. I have couple of questions....

1) I need to collect PCC from Secuderabad. So does anybody has experience collecting the PCC from Secuderabad Commisioner of Police and how much days did it take?

2) My spouse had worked in USA with H1B Visa from 1998 to 2002, after that he is working in Secunderabad. He is not the primary applicant. So while going for CP, what are all the documents he should be carry?

Kindly respond to the above queries....

Thanks,
NT.

Questions on CP

I have one question, Can I take immigration style photos in US as long as the photos meet the requirements or do I need to take those pictures in Chennai?Do we need to take normal passport style photos for medical?I had some vaccinations done but do not have records for them, Do I need to take vaccinations again from the doctor in Chennai for all of those that I do not have record even though I am immune for some of them?Do we need to take an appointment with the doctor from here for the medical checkup?
Also for how much amount do we need to take DD for courier? We are two people me & my husband.
I have valid H1 and I-94, pay slips but My Visa expired more than one year ago, So to have a back up plan I am also planning to take an appointment in Delhi consulate for Visa stamping of H1 .So that incase cp didn't go well I can still take visa and come back, Any suggestions?

To Raju: question on fees

Hi Raju,
In reply to vijimb, you have said that there is no other fees other than 335/ person we pay to the NVC when the feee bill comes.

I was under the impression that there was a interview fees+courier charges. Can you please clarify since many people write abt taking dd for fees.

Thanks for your help,
Dilbert

NVC message -

Hi Rashmi, others

My DS230-1 was finally sent this week!
The NVC message says "your doc was recd on July 8th and will be reviewed". Does this message mean my docs are being reviewed?

Whats the next message(s) I should expect? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dilbert
PS: I submitted this message in the sept/ oct forum but did not receive any reply.. hoping to receive a reply soon...

Namratac said:
I have one question, Can I take immigration style photos in US as long as the photos meet the requirements or do I need to take those pictures in Chennai?

{Yes you can take in US and carry them along with you, if don't consider the cost difference}

Do we need to take normal passport style photos for medical?

{ Yes }

I had some vaccinations done but do not have records for them, Do I need to take vaccinations again from the doctor in Chennai for all of those that I do not have record even though I am immune for some of them?

{ You can explain to the Doctor and he/She will decide what is needed for you at your age }

Do we need to take an appointment with the doctor from here for the medical checkup?

{Not necessarily but it is always adviseable to take it }

Also for how much amount do we need to take DD for courier? We are two people me & my husband.

{Its always better to check with the consulate people or the website for the latest info }

I have valid H1 and I-94, pay slips but My Visa expired more than one year ago, So to have a back up plan I am also planning to take an appointment in Delhi consulate for Visa stamping of H1 .So that incase cp didn't go well I can still take visa and come back, Any suggestions?

{IF CP doesn't go well for some reason then your H1B also goes along with it, so no use of that.

There should not be any valid reason of you not getting it (GC) but it can be delayed if they find any missing documents }

(You said one question and you ended up with many........just kidding)

Thanks

dilbert30 said:
Hi Raju,

I was under the impression that there was a interview fees+courier charges.

{If you have paid $335 at NVC then the balance fee is only you courier fee for which you need to take DD.}

Thanks for your help,
Dilbert

You can still wait to hear from Raju.

thanks

dilbert30 said:
Does the P4 or anything like intructions for interview clearly mention this?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Page 3 of P4 clearly mentions the fees -- it's $335 per applicant -- either paid earlier @ NVC or to be paid at interview time.

Rjain2

dilbert30 said:
Hi Rashmi, others

The NVC message says "your doc was recd on July 8th and will be reviewed". Does this message mean my docs are being reviewed?

Thanks,
Dilbert
PS: I submitted this message in the sept/ oct forum but did not receive any reply.. hoping to receive a reply soon...
Yes!

It will change to "You case has been completed and transferred to the consualte in Chennai".

dilbert30 said:
Hi Rashmi, others

Thanks,
Dilbert

The next two messages in queue for you are:

"NVC has completed the review of your case on xx/xx/xx "

"NVC has completed the review of your case and has forwarded your case to consulate in Chennai on xx/xx/xx "

There's a gap of say 5-7 days between the above two.

Rashmi

Interview Date Confirmed

Received an email from Chennai consulate (in reply to my inquiry about August dates). My interview date has been confirmed to be on Aug 24, 2004.

This is exactly what I received from the consulate "Interview date is - 24-AUG-2004. You will be getting the letter next week." Checked the website; they haven't published the dates on-line yet.

Rashmi

Contact info. for Chennai Consulate

Hello Rashmi;

I am new to this forum. I noticed your recent post regarding an interview on August 24. Chennai Consulate received my P3 on 6/23/04. How do I find out when the interview would likely be scheduled? Any info. would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

subhasankalp said:
Hello Rashmi;

I am new to this forum. I noticed your recent post regarding an interview on August 24. Chennai Consulate received my P3 on 6/23/04. How do I find out when the interview would likely be scheduled? Any info. would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

Send an email to <chennaiIV@state.gov> or you can wait for a few more days for the consulate to publish the dates on-line http://chennai.usconsulate.gov.

subhasankalp said:
Hello Rashmi;

Thank you.

And subhasankalp please update <cptracker.com>
Others will find it helpful.