Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

heynow said:
1. Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person: ?

What should be the reply for this ?

Please Help !!
I have a baby born in US, if i were to prepare a I-134 for the baby, should that change anything in the I-134 for my Wife ???

pachaiattai:
Thanks for pointing it out....since i took it from another post it came through...I-864 is not at all required....i re-checked the list and i did'nt see i-864.....It is a typo error....
BJ77
pachaiattai said:
BJ77/anybody else,

5. Affidavit of support (Form I-864) from the petitioner along with federal income tax returns (form 1040) and W-2 forms from the 3 most recent tax years; Job verification letter and bank statements. A member of the same household must submit form 1-864A in order for his/her income to be considered. If a co-sponsor is required, he/she must submit the same.

1. Is this required for employment based Immigration (for spouse)?
Please clarify

Regards

heynow said:
Please Help !!
I have a baby born in US, if i were to prepare a I-134 for the baby, should that change anything in the I-134 for my Wife ???

In Item # 8 you will enter both their names.

After looking at item # 8 , I don't think you need to prepare I-134 for your
US born child, since you are already stating who are all dependent on you.

So, it would be OK if you just prepare one affidavit for your wife.

In case you elect to prepare one for your child also, then , in Item # 9.

a) Your wife's affidavit will have your child's name

b) Your child's affidavit will have your wife's name.

And also any affidavits you may have given earlier to any visitors (parents ect).

Raju

austin316 said:
hi,
is that original passport is must for medical?
austin.
At Hinduja in Mumbai, at least 15 people must have seen my passport. So I guess it must be ...

Raju595 said:
In Item # 8 you will enter both their names.

After looking at item # 8 , I don't think you need to prepare I-134 for your
US born child, since you are already stating who are all dependent on you.

So, it would be OK if you just prepare one affidavit for your wife.

In case you elect to prepare one for your child also, then , in Item # 9.

a) Your wife's affidavit will have your child's name

b) Your child's affidavit will have your wife's name.

And also any affidavits you may have given earlier to any visitors (parents ect).

Raju

Thanks for your reply.

One more question. If i had my in-laws on visitor visa, should i have to mention that information in Item#10 ?

Completed Medicals at Dr. V's office

Folks,

Completed the medicals at Dr.V's office on the 29th June. The entire process was smooth except for the waiting.

I had an appointment for 11:30 a.m. But was called in at 1:30 p.m. But Dr. Vijayalakshmi was really nice. I was asked about the appointment letter, but since I haven't gotten the P4 and also since I did not take a copy of the P4 from the consulate, I showed them the e-mail I received from the consulate. The appointment letter i asked only to verify your case number.

Dr. V was ok with the e-mail I got from the consulate. My wife and me both had our vaccination records. (Before our I-140 approval we were thinking of doing AOS, so did our medicals in the U.S. We were vaccinated for all the immigration requirements in the U.S., so had our records with us.)

We also took the X-rays with us we got from Lister Labs. The X-ray and the report were sealed and was taped with an instruction that it needs to be opened only by the Physician.

Dr. V did the Physical checkup for all the three of us (Me, wife and daughter). She completed the reports in front of us and asked us to take a copy of it from the nearby copier place. I took a copy and returned both the copies and the originals to her.

The originals were then put in an white cover, unsealed and given back to us. I asked if there were any problems, and she said that we were pefectly all-right.

Dr. Vijayalakshmi's office is in Padma Nursing Home. Padma Nursing home is in Poonamallee High road. The landmark for this place is Pachayappa's college.
The Nursing home is on a side street off the Poonamallee High Road.

One more piece of advice to fellow Chennai CPer's : If you have children below 15 for whom you are also applying for an IV please do not take them to the lab. At Lister lab they don't do anything for the children. No blood tests, No X-ray. I didn't know about this and realised only after going there.

Tomorros is my interview and I will post my experiences here. Wish e good luck.

Thanks,
DA

jalabalajings said:
Folks,

Completed the medicals at Dr.V's office on the 29th June. The entire process was smooth except for the waiting.

I had an appointment for 11:30 a.m. But was called in at 1:30 p.m. But Dr. Vijayalakshmi was really nice. I was asked about the appointment letter, but since I haven't gotten the P4 and also since I did not take a copy of the P4 from the consulate, I showed them the e-mail I received from the consulate. The appointment letter i asked only to verify your case number.

Dr. V was ok with the e-mail I got from the consulate. My wife and me both had our vaccination records. (Before our I-140 approval we were thinking of doing AOS, so did our medicals in the U.S. We were vaccinated for all the immigration requirements in the U.S., so had our records with us.)

We also took the X-rays with us we got from Lister Labs. The X-ray and the report were sealed and was taped with an instruction that it needs to be opened only by the Physician.

Dr. V did the Physical checkup for all the three of us (Me, wife and daughter). She completed the reports in front of us and asked us to take a copy of it from the nearby copier place. I took a copy and returned both the copies and the originals to her.

The originals were then put in an white cover, unsealed and given back to us. I asked if there were any problems, and she said that we were pefectly all-right.

Dr. Vijayalakshmi's office is in Padma Nursing Home. Padma Nursing home is in Poonamallee High road. The landmark for this place is Pachayappa's college.

One more piece of advice to fellow Chennai CPer's : If you have children below 15 for whom you are also applying for an IV please do not take them to the lab. At Lister lab they don't do anything for the children. No blood tests, No X-ray. I didn't know about this and realised only after going there.

Thanks,
DA

Good luck
VJ

Successful interview at Chennai Consulate

Folks,

Successfully completed the Immigration interview today at the Chennai Consulate. Will post the details tonight.

First and foremost I thank the lord almighty for making this happen.

Many thanks for all the Ex Cper's especially RAJU595 and KD for their wonderful contribution and helpful suggestions

Many thanks also to current Cper's like RJAIN, ALREN etc. Thanks a slot to all those who wished me for the interview.

Last but not least, many thanks to RAJEEV KHANNA for maintaining this forum. Without this forum I wouldn't have done CP.

I will post the interview details tonight (IST).

Good luck and all the best to all the other CP'ers attending their interviews in Chennai in July.

DA

PhiliMay said:
DA & Others..Good luck for your Interview & Thanks for keeping this post live upto date.

PhiliMay.

jalabalajings said:
Folks,

Successfully completed the Immigration interview today at the Chennai Consulate. Will post the details tonight.

DA

jalabalajings,

Congratulations on your success!

Raju

JALABALAJINGS:
CONGRATS.....I WISH YOU HAVE A SAFE POE.....
BJ77
jalabalajings said:
Folks,

Many thanks for all the Ex Cper's especially RAJU595 and KD for their wonderful contribution and helpful suggestions

Many thanks also to current Cper's like RJAIN, ALREN etc. Thanks a slot to all those who wished me for the interview.

Last but not least, many thanks to RAJEEV KHANNA for maintaining this forum. Without this forum I wouldn't have done CP.

Good luck and all the best to all the other CP'ers attending their interviews in Chennai in July.

DA

jalabalajings said:
Folks,

DA

Congratulations
VJ

jalabalajings said:
Folks,

DA

Congrats ! FREEDOM.

jalabalajings said:
Folks,

Thanks,
DA

Good Luck.
To add a point to that..
You could schedule your appointment with Dr. by calling them from here.
Also, you will need to get your blood test report. If you could make it between 8 - 10 AM everyday (in a different location) they will give the report the same day, if we go after 10, it would be available the following day. Before meeting the Dr. we need this.
Just a heads up.