Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

Personally in Mumbai (there's no blue forms that I know of) I stood in a line outside one of the windows, went in and the desi guy looked at the paper I had went in and came out and asked to come at 2:30.

Marital status

I attended the interview on the 6th August 2004. Everything went well and I received my passport in 3 days.
One thing that is changed is the consulate does not need immigration style photos. They only need two frontal photos(unsigned) of 2 inches.

However, I have the following question:
I was single when I attended the interview(employment based). I plan to get married before I arrive USA. What is the procedure for my spouce to get the green card ?
In the past I was told to just send the marriage certificate and the biographica data to start the process. And with in ~45 days the spouce will get the interview.

Do I have get anything changed personally in the Visa if my martial changes.

Thanks for your help.

Going_CP said:
In the past I was told to just send the marriage certificate and the biographica data to start the process. And with in ~45 days the spouce will get the interview.

{ You got it right }

Do I have get anything changed personally in the Visa if my martial changes.

{ You don't have to but she need to have all your copies that you submitted for the Consulate and her medical and PCC before she goes for the interview }

Thanks for your help.

Thank you.
I am just worried because my wedding is about to be fixed today and I called the consulate and they don't have support line open(Friday closed) today. Which means I have to wait until Monday.
Was that your experience also ? I can add the spounce in the visa anytime before I enter US and get her GC aswell ?

Chennai - "PCC/Medicals valid for 1 year"

Dibert and BJ77, Thanks for your insights. I got email confirmation from the Chennai Consulate that the PCC and Medicals are valid for the period of 1 year. Thanks, Sreek

BJ77 said:
If you can talk to your Indian consulate and convince them to get another PCC within a week...then that would be best.....If not....Just write an email to the chennai consulate immigrant visa unit stating your case that you postponed everything......and the PCC what you have now for your wife is around five and a half months old.Why i am saying this is when i went to the interview my wife's PCC is around 5 months old ...But they did not bother at all....Have a copy of your email communication and you will be all set for the interview.I wish you all the best.

BJ77

:) :) :) :) Now, one burden is reduced. Thanks a lot

Dilbert

sreek said:
Dibert and BJ77, Thanks for your insights. I got email confirmation from the Chennai Consulate that the PCC and Medicals are valid for the period of 1 year. Thanks, Sreek

2001 I-140 approvals w/ interview in 2004 - payment of fees at the consulate?

Hello Folks,

Just wanted confirmation that both the application and the issuance fees can be paid at the consulate at the time of the interview if the I-140 approval is from 2001 (Jan). In other words, no fees need to be paid to local US offices (NVC etc.)

Also, did anyone with such a long-standing I-140 approval attend their interview recently? I would appreciate if you could share any caveats derived from your experiences.

Thanks,
Sreek

Are you filing for a AC140 or through the NVC? If it is AC140 then fees at the consulate will be fine.

well, i dont know when ur i-140 was approved. Mine was approved in March and I was expecting an interview in Aug, but thanks to the one month my lawyers took to send P3 back, I am hoping to get an interview in Oct. Thats a 7 months gap. But i think it takes 5-7 months on an avg. I am not sure if it should be an issue.

Dilbert

sreek said:
Hello Folks,

Just wanted confirmation that both the application and the issuance fees can be paid at the consulate at the time of the interview if the I-140 approval is from 2001 (Jan). In other words, no fees need to be paid to local US offices (NVC etc.)

Also, did anyone with such a long-standing I-140 approval attend their interview recently? I would appreciate if you could share any caveats derived from your experiences.

Thanks,
Sreek

Plastic card received....

Folks:
Last Friday my wife received the welcome letter and saturday (August 28th) both of us got the plastic cards....So everything is all set....Guys..
:) :) :) :) :) :)

BJ77

Thanks kd....you are right...I am going to ontario,canada to check and have a feel of my green card during the labor day weekend....
kd1403 said:
BJ77:

Congrats on a smooth ending to a long process. Enjoy the labor day weekend. :)

BJ77 said:
Thanks kd....you are right...I am going to ontario,canada to check and have a feel of my green card during the labor day weekend....
Does'nt sound a bad idea to escape the wrath of Frances. :rolleyes:

bj77:

That seems to be the trend these days - get gc and then go to canada to test the GC and also to see niagara from the canadian side. Nice I know i was not the only one to have done that.

alren:

whats the deal with florida...when you got your gc approval and entered usa with i-551 stamp there was CHARLEY and now that you are about to receive physical GC we have FRANCES. Whats next? Move to the city where you company has its HQ..u know where!

kd1403 said:
alren:

whats the deal with florida...when you got your gc approval and entered usa with i-551 stamp there was CHARLEY and now that you are about to receive physical GC we have FRANCES. Whats next? Move to the city where you company has its HQ..u know where!

Umm! I sincerly doubt it, the pig stench will drive me away ... :p ;) :D

kd1403 said:
alren:

whats the deal with florida...when you got your gc approval and entered usa with i-551 stamp there was CHARLEY and now that you are about to receive physical GC we have FRANCES. Whats next?

{{ Point to be NOTED }}}

Second visit Update

Hi All,

Earlier I checked with you all about the procedure on visiting the Consulate second time with the blue form.

Last week I got my latest offer letter and went to Consulate at 8am. I had to stand in the line and get inside. After getting

inside I was asked to go to the second building and waited there for an hour to be called by the Indian guy to submit the

offer letter & blue form. The Indian guy asked me to wait again as I had to meet the Consular officer. So waited for another

hour and met the consular. It was the same consular that we met earlier during the first visit. He did not ask any question,

just informed me that I will be receiving my visa in few days.

After couple of days we received the visa at home. The visa package which has to be submitted during POE is little bit torn

at the corners and it is very old & damaged cover. In one of the package, there is hole of 3 cm radius and some portion of

the papers inside can be seen.

Should I be worried of the damaged cover?
Did anybody receive this way?

Your response will be very helpful.
Thanks,
NT.

CP_India said:
Hi All,

Earlier I checked with you all about the procedure on visiting the Consulate second time with the blue form.

Last week I got my latest offer letter and went to Consulate at 8am. I had to stand in the line and get inside. After getting

inside I was asked to go to the second building and waited there for an hour to be called by the Indian guy to submit the

offer letter & blue form. The Indian guy asked me to wait again as I had to meet the Consular officer. So waited for another

hour and met the consular. It was the same consular that we met earlier during the first visit. He did not ask any question,

After couple of days we received the visa at home. The visa package which has to be submitted during POE is little bit torn

at the corners and it is very old & damaged cover. In one of the package, there is hole of 3 cm radius and some portion of

Thanks,
NT.

I cannot comment on the aspect of the cover being very old and damaged.
However it is normal for the visa covers to have a corner cut, and the
papers to be visible. This is probably done to allow any of the security
personnel to peer inside with a flash light if necessary (since no one is allowed to open it before you reach the POE).

This was how we received our packets too!

Raju

CP_India:
concur with Raju595.My IV packet was also torn in the corner and that was for security reasons.Make a colour photocopy of the visa and keep it with you.

BJ77
CP_India said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
NT.

September Appointments

Did anyone with a September appointment receive their appointment letter in the mail yet?

Thanks,
Sreek