Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
tks

tks heaven and cat....
What is RFE? (sorry, new to all this)...also cat, you said there is a thread for december filling...where?
So since i did the BIO does that mean that I am approved? Will I get an approval letter before the EAD?
As per my LUD nobody touched my papers since 01/29/07....hopefully it will get here before i lose another job opportunity....

thanks again...

good luck to all of you

RFE = Request for further evidence.
Simply means if they need any additional documents of if you failed to send some docs needed.
No biometrics is the first in the phase on many paths you will have to travel in quest for your EAD :)
It is usually taking anything from 60 - 120 days these days to get a n EAD. If you get an RFE then your count starts from the day they recieve the evidence they requested.
I know it is very confusing but you will be well versed with all the nuances by the time you are done with your EAD renewal.
Helps you prepare for the I485 ( the frustration of name check etc tec ) :)

december filing thread is under the 'family based green card section'. there is also a late december filing thread. Not much movement on my end for LUD either 1/24/, 1/28, 1/29. I don't expect to see anymore LUD until end of this month. there is a debate about rfes affecting times. if the rfe is for your 765, then, yes it will probably be delayed. if the rfe is for the 485, it does not always have an affect on your 765. i guess it also really depends what the rfe is for-something minor or major!

RFE, What about it?

catjupp
What you said about the effect of RFE on the case, might not be correct, at least for my self!For me, RFE= Request For Extra Delay.
my RFE was for my I-485 not for I-765 but they still delayed my EAD, it took almost 6 month for me to receive the card.
buttom line, RFE is bad, either for I-765, I-485,I-130 or I-whatever...Try to avoid it, read and ask before you apply for a new application, make sure to send any thing related or unrelated to the case! it's enough delay without RFE so you don't need a delay on top of other one..
Good Luck to you all:)

Last edited by a moderator:
tks heaven and cat....
What is RFE? (sorry, new to all this)...also cat, you said there is a thread for december filling...where?
So since i did the BIO does that mean that I am approved? Will I get an approval letter before the EAD?
As per my LUD nobody touched my papers since 01/29/07....hopefully it will get here before i lose another job opportunity....

thanks again...

good luck to all of you

Approval letter is the same letter that carry the actual card inside, send an expedite request, it will not hurt.. it may work.. or not, it's worth it to try.
GoodLuck:)

tks to all the answers,,
I did not get RFE...I was just wondering...
My EAD was filed with a 485....

so just waiting...

hossamny,
do you mean we can send an expediate request for i765 without having towait for the full 90 days?

F.Y.I.
Normal Processing Time (NPT)-theoretically- is 90 days. But when you send an expedite request, it means that you have a special circumstances that can't wait for 90 days, for example:Severe financial loss to company or individual,
Extreme emergency situation , etc...you can view a list of the criteria at USCIS web site: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=a9243529fdb7e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD
Matter of fact, if 90 days already past and your application is still pending, what you are sending is a letter to inform them that your case is Outside Normal Processing Time(ONPT), and that will bring some attention to your case, if nothing else is holding your case, it should get an immediate LUD followed by an approval.
So, with that being said, feel free to send an expedite request before the 90 days, just make sure that you furnish any documents and/or evidence you to show that an exceptional emergency exists.
Good Luck :)

EAD arrived finally in the mail

My RD for EAD Renewal at NBC: 22nd Nov 2006

Biometrics done on 6th Dec 2006

My current EAD expired on 26th Jan and have been out of work and I have a family to support. I went to the local senator office and they called INS on my behalf and they said it is still under normal processing time so that cant do anything.

I somehow was able to get the address of expediate request and it turned out to be a false one. It was some address in Chicago but my application was at NBC. So I called 1800 again and they gave me the address of NBC. I sent the request there with my credit card number etc. so that can fedex my card. After 10 days I got my expediate request back via regular mail stating I need to go to local office and they will decide if they want to expediate my case or not.

LUD changed on: 29th Jan, 30th Jan, 5th Feb, 6th Feb, 12th Feb, 13th Feb, 16th Feb

I received my approval email on 12th Feb after 83 days and my actual card arrived on 17th Feb. I will be start working tomorrow.

hi guys i got my ead 3 weeks ago and i applied for my ssn 2 weeks ago but i have been told that i will get my ssn in a month so can i work with my ead without a ssn or what shall i do to get my ssn soon

there was a situation in a post a few weeks ago about getting EAD but having to wait for ss #. check for post re 'got ead but still unable to work' people had posted some suggestions in there about how you can work without your number yet.

More than a year without EAD

Hi Guys, it has been more than since I work. My last day at work was January 26th, 2006. I was working for fortune 500 company and the company filed for my H-1B visa prenium processing on August 2005. By january 26th, 2006 (the date my OPT expired) I still did not receive my H-1B. The company lawyers contacted USCIS several time but nothing happen. USCIS told us that my case was sent to washington for background check and that they could not do anything untill the check is completed. I was put an unpaid live. In the mean time I got marry on june and I applied for change of status and I-765 on July. I did the finger print in August. By the mid august 2006 since I still did not receive my H-1B, I was fired by the company. Up to now I still have not receive my EAD. I did several infos appointment to get an interim work permit. But nothing. One time i was told by an officer at an infospass appointment that my case was send to Washington for review; another time, I was told by an officer on the phone that my was has been put on hold and they did not know why. I send an expedite request since november 2006. I did every thing I could, but nothing. I contact my congress man in May 2006 his office just told me that they cannot do anyting because the background check is a requirement. On november, I contacted my senator office to assist me. They told me that they send an inquiry to USCIS. I contacted office last week, they told me they still have not receive any response. I need help. If any body knows what to do? am I the only one in this situation?
Thanks
KBLI

Security check associated with h1b and EAD. This is the third post Iam reading regarding Back ground check and ead. Is it the new thing. Security check was only associated with Green Card earlier.is it now a new requirement ...
Does it mean all with renewed EADS have Back ground checks cleared.....???

hi guys i got my ead 3 weeks ago and i applied for my ssn 2 weeks ago but i have been told that i will get my ssn in a month so can i work with my ead without a ssn or what shall i do to get my ssn soon

Hi , i don't know if you can work without ssn , but give it more time , it should arrive soon !!! You can try to work without the ssn , if you show them the receipt from ssn office you've got , but slim chances for them to do that ( probably if you work without pay until you get your ssn )!!! But i think that in maximum 2 weeks will receive you ssn !!! Good luck !!! Let us know what happen ' !!!

Security check associated with h1b and EAD. This is the third post Iam reading regarding Back ground check and ead. Is it the new thing. Security check was only associated with Green Card earlier.is it now a new requirement ...
Does it mean all with renewed EADS have Back ground checks cleared.....???

Hi Al_aos,
This is just strange , i think that they're getting worse and worse , if they do that !!! I never heard about this before also , but with these guys , anything is posible these days !!!

GHEBAUR,
If that is the case I got my renewal and PD for I485 is current so where is my GC.
I think the Customer SREvice agents do not have the right answers and they just say stuff so that the agrieved party ie applicant justs shuts up and goes .
Back ground checks for H1 will have sevre reprecussions if they keep the same time line they are keeping now.
My back ground check is pending since 2003 and my case was current waS ALL THE TIME.
So does that mean I cant even work becuase certain agencies have not done thier job.
Here I am waiting 2 months now after my third FP yes 3rd Finger prints.
And still I hear from USCIS that they are "awaiting results of my back ground checks ". So why waste the tax payers money and call me for FP

GHEBAUR,
If that is the case I got my renewal and PD for I485 is current so where is my GC.
I think the Customer SREvice agents do not have the right answers and they just say stuff so that the agrieved party ie applicant justs shuts up and goes .
Back ground checks for H1 will have sevre reprecussions if they keep the same time line they are keeping now.
My back ground check is pending since 2003 and my case was current waS ALL THE TIME.
So does that mean I cant even work becuase certain agencies have not done thier job.
Here I am waiting 2 months now after my third FP yes 3rd Finger prints.
And still I hear from USCIS that they are "awaiting results of my back ground checks ". So why waste the tax payers money and call me for FP

Hi Al_aos ,

Believe me that i feel your pain , because i'm almost in the same situation !!! I have more than 3 years waiting on these guys ( 6 years since the process started ) , and for the last 27 months i did not heared nothing from them , just the regular bull...t , that they give us all the times we call the CS !!! I had to take infopasses all the time to push them to take my FP's ( expired - 27 months +++ ), and my case is current also - 6 months ago allready , and still nothing else came up !!! Out there are a lot of people in our situation , because we are the victims of their lack of profesionalism , and as you see they allready took care of lots of the cases with newer PD's than ours , but we cannot do nothing about this and they don't care about this also !!! They will do what they want to do , we are nothing for them !! We have to stay on top of them and try pushing them all the time to move our cases forward too , anyway posible !!!
Now that we had to wait ....6 , 7 years , some of us more than that ...for them to do that it's not fair , but we have to keep our cool and continue fighting , this is the only chance we have !!!

God Bless !!!

Hi guys. I am new to this thread and would appreciate your advice regarding my situation.

I got my Labor Certification recently, and am going to have my I-140/I-485/I-795/I-131 filed before the end of this month. But, my H1-B will expire in early June. My lawyer told me that if I did not receive my EAD by a few days before my H1-B expires, I could apply for my H1-B extention then. But, I thought that extension of H1-B should be filed 2-3 months before it expires. I wonder if I should not even bother to apply for EAD but just apply for H1-B extension now. I would appreciate your advice and suggestions.

Hi guys. I am new to this thread and would appreciate your advice regarding my situation.

I got my Labor Certification recently, and am going to have my I-140/I-485/I-795/I-131 filed before the end of this month. But, my H1-B will expire in early June. My lawyer told me that if I did not receive my EAD by a few days before my H1-B expires, I could apply for my H1-B extention then. But, I thought that extension of H1-B should be filed 2-3 months before it expires. I wonder if I should not even bother to apply for EAD but just apply for H1-B extension now. I would appreciate your advice and suggestions.

Don't know if rules have changed but unlike EAD, your H1B is valid right from the receipt day. Even if your RD is the same day as your current H1B expiration day, you are in valid status.