Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Good News.

CONGRATULATIONS

mashikushi and heavenangel9
Please guys keep in touch, each of you have been there and have done that and you can be a lot of help for others who might need it.
to all of other people who still waiting on approval, keep trying and you will get there.
GOOD LUCK:)

Hi everybody!

I have been reading these posts, thanks for helping many of us. These posts have helped me a lot and people here have provided me with more information than my own attorney. :(

I am in the same situation as many of you. I filed for my EAD renewal after it expired. I filed it in January of 2007. I am currently at home not working waiting for my EAD to be processed in Texas, it has been 46 days already since it was filed and I have not heard from USCIS yet. I only have the initial notice with RD of 01/19/07.

:confused: These are my questions:

1.- Since it has been more than 45 days since I filed my EAD renewal, can I contact TSC to find out why I have not received a second notification letter?

2.- Should I submit a request for my EAD to be expedited? If so, what's the criteria for them to consider expediting my EAD?

3.- Once I-765 is approved, can they FEDEX my EAD to me if I agree to pay for the cost of the shipping fees?

4.- Once I-765 is approved, can I start working with the approval notice? I know I can call USCIS and get the validity dates for my EAD until the card comes in the mail. Would the approval notice and the validity dates allow me to start working?

Thanks in advance for any assistance and guidance you can provide me with.

Fatima

Hi everybody!

I have been reading these posts, thanks for helping many of us. These posts have helped me a lot and people here have provided me with more information than my own attorney. :(

I am in the same situation as many of you. I filed for my EAD renewal after it expired. I filed it in January of 2007. I am currently at home not working waiting for my EAD to be processed in Texas, it has been 46 days already since it was filed and I have not heard from USCIS yet. I only have the initial notice with RD of 01/19/07.

1.- Since it has been more than 45 days since I filed my EAD renewal, can I contact TSC to find out why I have not received a second notification letter?
What second notification you haven't received? do you mean FP notice? 2.- Should I submit a request for my EAD to be expedited? If so, what's the criteria for them to consider expediting my EAD?
See the USCIS link http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...=a9243529fdb7e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD[/B] 3.- Once I-765 is approved, can they FEDEX my EAD to me if I agree to pay for the cost of the shipping fees?
This is up to the operator who will answer your call, there is no rule. Sometimes they may say yes and most of the time NO
4.- Once I-765 is approved, can I start working with the approval notice? I know I can call USCIS and get the validity dates for my EAD until the card comes in the mail. Would the approval notice and the validity dates allow me to start working?
This is up to the employer and if he/she is willing to help, it's a favor that you asking but not by the law.
Good Luck Fatima:)

Hossamny

Last edited by a moderator:
ead-lud's

I have been reading this forum and getting a silent help also.People like hossamny are really doing a commendable job, Its hard to take out your time and help people.(May God Bless Them).Now my situation is that, I applied my EAD on 15 dec 2007 ND 12/28/07. FP 2/14/07. LUD changed for me and my spouse next day 2/15/07. Then the next LUD changed 2/28/07 for my wife only and not me. Next day another LUD, Card production ordered, but no change in mine. I took infopass yesterday and ask them why, He said he cant do anything before 90 days. But, as he was looking at the printouts from the computer, He saw my application with missing eligibility nos. like C() (). He said maybe they are missing your eligibility criteria? But if that is the case then they should have given an RFE. Also, I applied with a copy of my previous EAD. Any suggestions as to what shall I do. Write a letter to MO and to which dept. to address this issue, or wait till 90 days are over(My EAD is Expired since 1/29/07).

Hi everybody!

What second notification you haven't received? do you mean FP notice? 2.- Should I submit a request for my EAD to be expedited? If so, what's the criteria for them to consider expediting my EAD?
See the USCIS link http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...=a9243529fdb7e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD[/B] 3.- Once I-765 is approved, can they FEDEX my EAD to me if I agree to pay for the cost of the shipping fees?
This is up to the operator who will answer your call, there is no rule. Sometimes they may say yes and most of the time NO
This is up to the employer and if he/she is willing to help, it's a favor that you asking but not by the law.
Good Luck Fatima:)

Hossamny

Hossamny:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. My attorney paper filed the application for me, I was advised that paper file applications do not get appointments for FP. Should I call TSC to verify this information? My case is pending since 01/23/07, no additional LUDs. I read the criteria, not sure if I fit into it. I have a job offer and they have been patiently waiting for me since January and for my EAD to arrive. Not sure if they will wait any longer. Is this a good reason to send USCIS a request to expedite my EAD?
What's your advise?

Thanks again for all your help!

Nseers

I-765 I-140 :both filed on 04/17/06
RFE: 07/08/2006(my lawyer got it ,he said that they were asking if i registered to NSEERS,he told them that i didn`t know about it)
07/21/06 :USCIS received RFE
I-485 :interview on 10/03/06 :interview went well ,got sent to ICE (failure to register for NSESRS) ..they said that i will get a NTA 2 weeks later ...still no NTA
infopass: 10/29/06 about I-765 they said that i will get it in like 2 weeks
I-765: RFE on 11/13/06 (asking if i had fingerprints taken,which i had done on april)
11/28/06 received RFE..(they say to expect a respone within 60 days..)..last updated 12/08/06 ..i am still waiting: no EAD or NTA yet ...i even checked the court for my file ,they said that it is not in file ..
thanks houssamny

Any movement on your NSEERS case. I went to NYC DO and they said it is the ICE who has to decide, and there are a lot of people in line so you have to wait.

nope nothing at all ...i have an 800 number for the immigration court ..and everytime i call ,it says that my case doesn`t exist or it hasn`t been filed yet
man ,the guy at the ICE told me that i will be getting a letter in 15 days to go to court ..believe it or not that was back in october 06 !
i don`t know what do.....i sent them all kinds of evidence ,don`t know what else they are going to ask for because i don`t have anything else to give lol
i guess i will have to wait for desk dude to decide for my life ..sad isn`t it ?

nope nothing at all ...i have an 800 number for the immigration court ..and everytime i call ,it says that my case doesn`t exist or it hasn`t been filed yet
man ,the guy at the ICE told me that i will be getting a letter in 15 days to go to court ..believe it or not that was back in october 06 !
i don`t know what do.....i sent them all kinds of evidence ,don`t know what else they are going to ask for because i don`t have anything else to give lol
i guess i will have to wait for desk dude to decide for my life ..sad isn`t it ?

What is ICE and NSEER?

ICE = Immigration and Customs Enforcement
NSEERS=National Security Entry Exit Registration System ..

First EAD pending over 90 days

My EAD is pending over 90 days at TSC. The RD for this is Dec 11.,2006
I-140 online status shows approved and approval notice sent.
Does this mean name check is cleared?
AP I got in 2 weeks.
What are my options EAD?
Will INFOPASS help in my situation?

Appriciate gurus help..

My EAD is pending over 90 days at TSC. The RD for this is Dec 11.,2006
I-140 online status shows approved and approval notice sent.
Does this mean name check is cleared?
AP I got in 2 weeks.
What are my options EAD?
Will INFOPASS help in my situation?

Appriciate gurus help..

INFOPASS could help in any situation not just yours, the SAD part that its depend on the officer who will meet you. I would say Give it a try, why not...? When dealing with USCIS you should always try and keep trying- Nothing else can be done- Unfortunately they are in control
Good Luck:)

Ead Recieved

I have been reading this forum and getting a silent help also.People like hossamny are really doing a commendable job, Its hard to take out your time and help people.(May God Bless Them).Now my situation is that, I applied my EAD on 15 dec 2007 ND 12/28/07. FP 2/14/07. LUD changed for me and my spouse next day 2/15/07. Then the next LUD changed 2/28/07 for my wife only and not me. Next day another LUD, Card production ordered, but no change in mine. I took infopass yesterday and ask them why, He said he cant do anything before 90 days. But, as he was looking at the printouts from the computer, He saw my application with missing eligibility nos. like C() (). He said maybe they are missing your eligibility criteria? But if that is the case then they should have given an RFE. Also, I applied with a copy of my previous EAD. Any suggestions as to what shall I do. Write a letter to MO and to which dept. to address this issue, or wait till 90 days are over(My EAD is Expired since 1/29/07).

Got EAD for my wife today in mail, No change in Message on line, Still says
Card production ordered.No change in LUD for me though we applied together.
Sent an expedite request to MO. I dont know what is there criteria in picking up applications. It looks like they just grab it from a pile. Whoever is lucky gets it

EAD recived finally

applied at NBC

RD:11/13

AD: 3/2

card recieved 3/6

this 4th EAD card and i have been stuck in name check for about 3 years

Waiting...

applied at NBC

RD:11/13

AD: 3/2

card recieved 3/6

this 4th EAD card and i have been stuck in name check for about 3 years

Congratulations! :D name_stuck,
Today is my 91 days of my ND 12/08/2006, so I went to the DO to request an interim. Before I made this trip, I called 1-800 and 3 customers representatives all responsed that the RFE on I-485 will not affect my EAD. However, when I talked to the officer and supervisor at DO, they said that the 90-day starts over when they recived my REF. I asked them: why do the customer services representatives give incorrect information...
I guess we might have the same officer over there in MSC/NBC :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nseers

Can you share the phone no of ICE and the courts if possible, Thanks

the number for the immigration court is : 1 800 898 7180 i don`t know if it works in all the states becaus i live in PA ..you will need you A number
i hope this will will help