Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
RFE: initial or additional

What is the difference? How initial or additional evidence affect pending application.

For all of you who want to read the memo that USCIS sent to all local offices Advising them on how to proceed with the new rules about interim EAD, please read the attached memo
Unfortunately, as you will see, USCIS blocked all the e-mails, telephones and fax numbers for the Missouri service center! Therefore, we can only contact them through the mail. It worked for me though!

Hello mmed,
This is this quote from the PDF at Page.4 posted by hossamny(link to the post#4 above) :
...When issuing an RFE for initial information, the Centers will advise the applicant the 90-day time period is automatically tolled and, upon receipt of the requested information, a new 90-day time period begins. Likewise, when an RFE is issued for additional information, the Centers will advise the applicant the 90-day time period is automatically tolled and, upon receipt of the requested information, the 90-day time period continues at the point of interruption...​
Sadly my RFE was "initial", so my "90 days" for EAD started over after MSN/NBC recieved my reply...:( another 30 days from now or earlier :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gurus,
I need your advice on my situation.
I have applied my wife's EAD / AP ( both second) this year on my own, on 2nd Feb, 2007.
I did a mistake of applying the AP to the Chicago Lock Box facility but applied the EAD to the right one (CSC service center). I got the receipt notices from MSC for the AP and from CSC for the EAD.
I have got the EAD approved, Card Production Approved email last week where as there is no sign of AP.
So, I was wondering if I should re-apply the AP to the correct address (CSC ) or should I wait for the MSC to approve / reject it.
Please advice.

harikris99
EB2 - RIR (CSC)
PD: March 24th 2002
I-485 RD: 20th April 2004
Transferred to NSC
I-140 RD: 20th April 2004
I-140 AD: July 20th 2004
3rd EAD RD: 2nd Feb, 2007
AD: March 2nd, 2007
2nd AP RD: 2nd Feb, 2007
AD: ??

Urgent And Time Sensitive, Support Senator Obama's Bill On Limiting Fbi's Name Check

Dear All:

Whether your citizenship has finally been approved, your case is pending or you are getting started, you know the need for reform in the stalling process that can take for years. Many of you are already aware of the "Citizenship Promotion Act" introduced by Senator Obama on March 7, 07. This bill limits the increase in the immigration fees, but most importantly delineates time frames for FBI name check, which has a backlog of 300,000 and are reviewing cases "manually". I have started a petition in support of the bill. Please be informed that the bill also supports applicants of permanent residency in their name check process as well. WE ALL NEED TO SIGN IT AND ALSO PASS IT ON TO ALL OF THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE OR HAVE BEEN ENTANGLED BY THE OVERDUE IMMIGRATION PROCESSES. THE MORE SIGNATURES WE HAVE, THE MORE WE WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN ADVOCACY FOR THE BILL BY THE CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS.

PLEASE SIGN AND PASS FORWARD FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE TO SEE.
http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html
BITA

Hi guys, as we all know, USCIS stopped issiung interim EAD at the local offices, its not like it use to be before. that change in rules came quite but the impact could be huge on all of us.As it was for me.
lets start a thread for all of us who went to the local office(AFTER 90 DAYS) using INFOPASS appointment and was told( sorry, we are unable to help you to get an interim today)
I will start with my own Experience. also you can vote at the top
-----------------------------
I-485,I-130 RD 06/21/2006
I-765 RD 07/04/2006
FP 07/25/06
RFE 08/15/2006(I-485)
RFE 12/11/2006(I-765)!! after 5 month
I-765 APPROVED 01/05/2007(6 MONTH WITHOUT INTERIM)

if EAD expired do you need to quit job

Hi Hossamny, Ginnu and Gurus can you please share your experience on this:
If the EAD is expired, but you have filed for a renewal EAD and 90 days not yet passed, can you still work. Or do you need to QUIT your permanent job.
Or can you just go on Leave without PAy. What is the legal requirement on this.
Please anyone share your experience.

If the EAD is expired, but you have filed for a renewal EAD and 90 days not yet passed, can you still work. Or do you need to QUIT your permanent job.

legally you can not work if your EAD expire and the new one not issued yet even if you applied one year ago. The people usually go on leave without pay. The USCIS advices, as all of us know, to apply 6 months in advance and almost no one do that.

Is your employer OK with the fact that your EAD expired and is he willing to let you continue working?

Interview notice received, I wasn't expecting to get anything for another couple of months. No LUD or email just the letter in the mail.

Interview notice received, I wasn't expecting to get anything for another couple of months. No LUD or email just the letter in the mail.

Congratulations heavenangel9 ,

I wish you good luck on your interview , when this will be , best wishes and get aproved !!! What's you EB cat. ??? EB 1 , 2 or 3 ???
Also did you received your aproval notice from you EAD ( the paper not the card wich you've got it allready as i see ) ??? I'm still waiting for mine , i've got the EAD card , but the aproval notice never arrived !!!:eek: I'm on miami - fl .

Good luck on your interview and keep us posted with the course of it !!!

God Bless .

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations heavenangel9 ,

I wish you good luck on your interview , when this will be , best wishes and get aproved !!! What's you EB cat. ??? EB 1 , 2 or 3 ???
Also did you received your aproval notice from you EAD ( the paper not the card wich you've got it allready as i see ) ??? I'm still waiting for mine , i've got the EAD card , but the aproval notice never arrived !!!:eek: I'm on miami - fl .

Good luck on your interview and keep us posted with the course of it !!!

God Bless .
No didn't get the aproval notice yet. Not sure what EB is.

Impact of LUD

Hi friends,
Is it a good sign to see a new lud. Those who remember my case know that my I-765 application has been delayed since Aug. 06. The last lud was 8/18/06. I made a 3rd infopass appt to inquire about it. The officer sent a fax and email to MSC advising for them to issue my card. She took my number and told me she would give me a call when she gets a response from them. Surprisingly the lud changed for the first time in 6 months to 3/20/07. Does this mean that I might be getting my card in a few?

My lud changed again today for the second in a row. Is this good since my application had not been torched since Sept 06. Hopefully I will receive the magic word case approved.

hi kaygee i think you would see the approval in few days .. my case was same was stuck for 4 months without an LUD went to infopass and they sent an email to MSC and very next day an LUD. 2 days after that approval message and got the card after a week. So i think it is a very positive sign :) good Luck