Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
KAYGEE78 said:
Hossamny.
Thank you for the answer. At least it is good to know that someone was in my situation. Look at my case and tell if it is in the normal timeline. My rd for I-785, I-130 and 485 was
RD 8/30/06
Biometrics 9/15/06
RFE received 9/16/06
Had 89 days to respond
RFE received by uscis on11/17/06
Now still waiting for card to be approve.
Thank you in advance.

KayGee,

What is your RFE in regards to?

thanks,

EAD and NC

I have posted before that I suspected the EAD issuance being also on hold if you are stuck in NC. Well this week I confirmed this by doing an infopass on my case I485 ( from 2000, yes I am not kidding) and EAD ( held from May 06). The officer told me that the both of them still pending NC clearance. I told him I understand the I485 but why the EAD and it is a renewal, keeping in mind that you gave me 5 of those EADs before. His answer was that they started to do that on EADs now.
I kind of see from this forum that some of you started to have the same issue substantiating the officers' answer whom I did inform that that I have 2 US kids to take care of and one of them is seriously and chronically ill and need medical intervention all her life. His answer again that is the RESPONSIBILITY of your wife because she signed the AFFIDAVIT... So, I left.
To tell you the truth my daughter suffers and myself and my wife are unable to take her to see the docs because we exhausted all our resources. My wife does work but she doesn't make enough to care on her.

Interim ead

Does anyone know how I can apply for an interim ead 90 days after uscis received my rfe response. This is because the rfe letter stated that I was not eligible for interim ead until 90 days after they receive rfe. It would be 90 days on wednesday so if my original ead has not been approve by then, then I have to apply for an interim ead. Anybody knows the proceedure and also if it cost any money. Thanks!

Infopass.

KAYGEE78
You can apply for an interim EAD through your local service center using INFOPASS, No fee needed.They will not issue the actual EAD but they will inform the NBC that you showed up to request your interim, they do this through e-mail or phone, then your interim should be mailed to your address. in most cases, you will get the actual card not the interim, I haven't heard of any one who received an interim for the past 4 month. I think since they changed the rules in oct,2006. Please read the attached memo in page 1 post#4 of this thread.
Good Luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
victim01 said:
I have posted before that I suspected the EAD issuance being also on hold if you are stuck in NC. Well this week I confirmed this by doing an infopass on my case I485 ( from 2000, yes I am not kidding) and EAD ( held from May 06). The officer told me that the both of them still pending NC clearance. I told him I understand the I485 but why the EAD and it is a renewal, keeping in mind that you gave me 5 of those EADs before. His answer was that they started to do that on EADs now.
I kind of see from this forum that some of you started to have the same issue substantiating the officers' answer whom I did inform that that I have 2 US kids to take care of and one of them is seriously and chronically ill and need medical intervention all her life. His answer again that is the RESPONSIBILITY of your wife because she signed the AFFIDAVIT... So, I left.
To tell you the truth my daughter suffers and myself and my wife are unable to take her to see the docs because we exhausted all our resources. My wife does work but she doesn't make enough to care on her.
victim01
If this is true, it means that each person who was Recently approved for I-765 is out of the name check?! That’s mean his/her name check is done?
We need to further research this topic before we assume its creditability.
Guys, what do you all think? your feedback or opinion about what victim01 was told by an immigration officer.

victim01 said:

What service center are you with?
What does your online case status for 485 state. I am asking because
my 485 case status says Finger Print Review is Completed and I am
curious if that has anything to do with name check or not. Also, I have
an EAD renewal pending with NSC for the past month.

Want GC Soon said:
Hi Kaygee78,
How did your infopass appointment go? Any feedback that you have to share with us? Thanks!
Want GC Soon
So I read that your I-765 is approved, congratulations :) . Now if you still around, I need you to answer an important question, from your screen name, I would say that your I-485 is still pending but are you waiting for your Name Check? FBI clearance? if so, please advise, you answer will determine the effect of name check on the processing of any I-765.
Thank you in advance

hossamny said:
victim01
If this is true, it means that each person who was Recently approved for I-765 is out of the name check?! That’s mean his/her name check is done?
We need to further research this topic before we assume its creditability.
Guys, what do you all think? your feedback or opinion about what victim01 was told by an immigration officer.
I think it is not the name check but a the Finger Prints are run throught eh FBI again.
I have had 4 ead before and never was I called for a FP. But this time I got Biometrics from MSC and right after that FP code 1 from the Local office.
If they are going to wait for name check results then most of the cases stuck in for I485 would be cleared before the EAD renewal as a lot of cases stuck in name check have PD current.
Thats my take on the situation.

EAD delays

Today i went to the local office for interim EAD since its 91 st day from notice date. I was told that the 90 days count starts from the date of your biometrics and not the notice date , thats news for me as the website does not say so! She said thats the date when your completed application is recieved as without biometrics it is not considered under process. Anyways she asked me to come back after two weeks 90 days from my biometrics. My 485 is still stuck in name check but she did not say the EAD was delayed due to name checks. I do not see any other option but to wait.

I am now considering applying for a H-1 B renewal even though i work on EAD and have used AP. IS this possible , any inputs would be great

name_stuck said:
Today i went to the local office for interim EAD since its 91 st day from notice date. I was told that the 90 days count starts from the date of your biometrics and not the notice date , thats news for me as the website does not say so! She said thats the date when your completed application is recieved as without biometrics it is not considered under process. Anyways she asked me to come back after two weeks 90 days from my biometrics. My 485 is still stuck in name check but she did not say the EAD was delayed due to name checks. I do not see any other option but to wait.

I am now considering applying for a H-1 B renewal even though i work on EAD and have used AP. IS this possible , any inputs would be great

You would need to get your H1B approved and get it stamped outside US and then only start working on H1B as since you have used EAD you were no longer on H1B status.

Good Luck!

Ok

This EAD renewal is going to drive me crazy. My RD is 22 nov and LUD changed 4 times on 29th Jan , 30th Jan and 7th Feb, 8th Feb. The status is still pending. No updates in last 2 days.

Name_stuck,

Did your LUD chang at all?

Hi Friends
Does anybody know how an rfe affects the processing of an I-485 application. I understand the clock stops and start again for I-765 upon receipt of rfe by uscis. Is it the same with an I-485 or the RD holds for the I-485 application.

EADSTUCK my LUD changes only until they sent my biometrics appointment RD:11/13 updates on 15th, 16th and 17th when they mailed the receipt and biometrics appointment. No LUD's since.

Finally an LUD

EAD ND date Dec 4 MSC
Last LUD 12/11/07 ( Biometrics I presume)
BIometrics 12/18
FP code 1 12/27 or somewhere in that region
LUD today 2/12/07

ead

I filed myI485, I130, and EAD in Dec. I received all my receipts and did FP.January 15 I got a request for more documents for my I 485, does that mean that my EAD will be pending until they get the info? Is it 90 days for EAD from the time they get the info for the I485?
Please let me know, I can't sleep.

Married to US citizen 2002
RD:i485, i130, i765. Dec17, 2006
ND: Dec20, 2006
FP: appointment Jan 6, 2007
Request docs: Jan 15, 2007
Sent: Feb 2, 2007, dropped at the POBOX:Feb 8, 2007
last update:Jan 15, 2007
It's at the MSC center

Sorry to post in two different threads, I'm just really worried about EAD.

Its not a big deal any way.

KAYGEE78 said:
Hi Friends
Does anybody know how an rfe affects the processing of an I-485 application. I understand the clock stops and start again for I-765 upon receipt of rfe by uscis. Is it the same with an I-485 or the RD holds for the I-485 application.
KAYGEE78
Does it matter if the clock stoped or not for I-485? at least for I-765 it matters becuase of the what so called 90 days processing time, but for I-485, who know what is the processing time is! you have to go through FBI name check which could take years, so what is the difference if the RFE for I-485 is going to delay the case another few days or weeks, when it comes to I-485, weeks doesn't count!
Good Luck any way, and to answer your question, the answer is YES. any RFE will stop the clock regardless of the nature of the application.

heavenangel9 said:
I filed myI485, I130, and EAD in Dec. I received all my receipts and did FP.January 15 I got a request for more documents for my I 485, does that mean that my EAD will be pending until they get the info? Is it 90 days for EAD from the time they get the info for the I485?
Please let me know, I can't sleep.

Married to US citizen 2002
RD:i485, i130, i765. Dec17, 2006
ND: Dec20, 2006
FP: appointment Jan 6, 2007
Request docs: Jan 15, 2007
Sent: Feb 2, 2007, dropped at the POBOX:Feb 8, 2007
last update:Jan 15, 2007
It's at the MSC center

Sorry to post in two different threads, I'm just really worried about EAD.

You will have to count from dec 17 till jan 15 (28 days) then from feb 8 till today(4 days) your case been pending for only 32 days. your EAD is not pending until they get the info. they stop processing your I-765 untill they receive the I-485 RFE that they mailed to you.

Based on the suggest letter, I sent letter to USCIS by over night service.
I sent the letter on 1/22/07,
Letter was delivered on 1/23/07,
EAD approved on 1/24/07,
On 1/25/07 my case stuatus changed, stating ordered for EAD production.
On 1/29/09 I received EAD in my mail box. New EAD is valid from 1/24/07 through 1/23/08.

My old EAD expired on 1/05/07, so I could not go to work. My I-485 was filed from Nebraska service center. Therefore I sent the letter to following address using UPS.

USCIS (Attn: I-765 Unit, Expedite Request)
Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
P.O. Box (87765)
Lincoln, NE 68508

It is important to mention "Attn: I-765 Unit, Expedite Request".

My letter to USCIS looks like as below. It will be helpful in addition to the sample provided.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
<my name and address here>

January 22nd 2007

The Director,
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Lincoln, NE

Dear Sir / Madam:

Ref: To expedite EAD processing time for
<LAST NAME>, <First Name and MI> (A#<Alien number here>)

I filed my I-765 (EAD renewal) on Nov 8th 2006, did my biometrics on 11/14/2006 (Enclosed a copy with stamp on it)

- My Alien # <Alien number here>.
- Receipt # LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX(enclosed a copy of the I-765 (receipt notice) EAD application, class C09 (based on pending I-485 Receipt # LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX (enclosed a copy of the I-485 receipt notice)
- I called customer service center to request a case status update on 12/28/06 and 1/16/07.
- I went to the local office using INFOPASS appointment on 1/3/07 and 1/17/07 to discuss the same.
- Last update on my case is on 11/11/06 that is more than 60 days old.

As per USCIS memo to local office, I-765 application must be under adjudication before 70 days to receive EAD card in 90 days. For my case 70 days completed on 1/17/07 but there is no update as of 1/22/07, this means I may not get EAD in 90 days.

My Old EAD expired on 1/5/07. Financially it is coming very hard on me, I have to take care of my family (me, my wife and my daughter) and also have to pay mortgage ($XXXX.XX per month).

Please expedite the process of my work authorization card (EAD). It is already 75 days since receipt notice date and 17 days since my EAD expiration.

If need additional information I can be reached at:
Telephone: XXX-XXX-XXXX.
E-mail: xxxxx@yahoo.com

I am enclosing the following documents for your reference.

1 I-765 Receipt notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX)
2 Last finger print notice.
3 Copy of previously issued EAD Card jacket sheet (Top portion not there).
4 Copy of previously Approved EAD (Front and Back).
5 I-140 approval notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX).
6 I-485 Receipt notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX)
7 Last EAD approval notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX)

We would appreciate your issuing me renewed document necessary for work.

Sincerely,

----------------------------------------
I did all possible efforts before sending this letter as mentioned above. As part of the urgency if you can get letter from employer that will help further.

Hope this will help you too, wish you good luck.

hossamny said:
don't wait, send an over night letter to MO service center
explian that you lost/might loose your job, let them know that you have a family to support.

you might want to use this format for your letter

U.S. Department of Homeland security
P.O. box 648996
Lee’s summit, MO 64064
U.S. citizenship and immigration services

date, 2007

Re: I-765 Request to expedite processing time

Dear immigration officer:

I e-filed my I-765 on xx/xx/2006, did my biometrics on xx/xx/2006((enclosed a copy with stamp on it)
-My Alien # xxxxxxxxxx
-Receipt # MSCxxxxxxxx (enclosed a copy of the I-765 receipt notice)EAD application, class xxx (based on pending I-485 Receipt # MSC-xxxxxxxx (enclosed a copy of the I-485 receipt notice)
-I Called customer service center to request a case status update on:- xx/xx/2006, and xx/xx/2006
-I Went to the local office using INFOPASS in xx/xx/2007 to request an interim EAD and they are no longer issuing interim EAD
-please, expedite the process of my work authorization card, it has been more than xxx days since I applied and my ....(explain your loss of financial loss,since i have a family and i have to support them)
If need any additional information, I can be reached at:
Telephone: (XXX)XXX-XXXX
E-mail: YOURNAME@WEB.COM

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,

your name