Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
I have been stuck in name check for 2.5 years and have been able to renew the EAD without any problem at the local office in one day where my petition was filed. But This year they changed the rules and it is now with missouri service center , well it has been 85 days (ND: 11/13/2006) and i did not see any updates yet!

I will be making an infopass on monday which would be 91 st day and see what is going on. If anyone with similar time / recent approvals from MSC please post.

Help!!help!!!help!!!

Hi Folks,

I applied for EAD based on I-485, last month (1/22/06), I sent an application to chicago, I received a receipt notice yesterday (2/5/07) with notice date (2/02/07). My check was cashed yesterday, Does it sound something or not? is USCIS processing my file? Please if you have an experience let me know. I did Biometrics code 3 last september when I filed I-485. Do I need to do it again or not?

Thank you very much Folks!!!!!

Pacousi25
I insisted on speaking to an officer but was not successful. I've made an infopass appiontment for tomorrow afternoon. Is this gonna help me in any way. What do you guys think I need to do at the local office to help my case.

I heard you can get Interim EAD

I was told my cus rep that I qualify for Interim EAD. Do you know anything about it?

name_stuck said:
I have been stuck in name check for 2.5 years and have been able to renew the EAD without any problem at the local office in one day where my petition was filed. But This year they changed the rules and it is now with missouri service center , well it has been 85 days (ND: 11/13/2006) and i did not see any updates yet!

I will be making an infopass on monday which would be 91 st day and see what is going on. If anyone with similar time / recent approvals from MSC please post.

Hi EADSTUCK

the LUD on my case is 11/17 (ND:11/13) . no updates since I did my biometrics code 2 on 11/21. I was told i will get my EAD in a few weeks after my biometrics but its 85 days and nothing.

There is no interim EAD at local office , the local office will request for one from the service center but it might take a month to get it i guess. I did not see any posts where anyone got an interim EAD though. I will be going for my infopass on 2/12 91 st day and see what they say. I just do not get it why it takes more than 90 days for EAD renewal i hope they have not stopped EAD for people stuck in name checks this year. If anyone got a EAD approved recently and is stuck in name check please post. Also any recent approvals from MSC will be helpful , please post.

Please keep us posted

name_stuck,

I feel your pain. I called 1800 yesterday since my EAD application is pending for 75 days. The cust rep opened a service ticket for me. She also advised me to go to the local office to get interim EAD after 90 days. When I told her that I have heard that they dont do that anymore she told me her computer shows that you can still apply for interim EAD but local office would not grant it what they woud do is they would ask NBC to request one and it really depends if they would grant you one or not. I dont trust this people at all. It may very well happen I go to local office and they deny my request. This is ridiculous. I have a new born to support. My RD is 22nd Nov and my LUD changed twice on 29th and 30th Jan 2007. I have send several expedite request and also tried local senator option. I am getting really nervous now.

I feel like the biggest crime I ever did was to be born in the third world country that I have to go through this.

Please keep us posted.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Infopass Appointment!

KAYGEE78 said:
Pacousi25
I insisted on speaking to an officer but was not successful. I've made an infopass appiontment for tomorrow afternoon. Is this gonna help me in any way. What do you guys think I need to do at the local office to help my case.

Hi Kaygee78,
How did your infopass appointment go? Any feedback that you have to share with us? Thanks!

Guys,
Here is what happened to me...

I filed my last EAD on Nov. 1st 2006 and waited till now and they have not reached processing cases received by this date yet - as of the online case status.

I went yesterday to the local USCIS and the lady called the Missouri service center... the officer who's working on my case said to her that they are still processing some background check - which I understand my GC has to go through for the last 3.5 years - but I am suspecting that my EAD won't come at all because of the same background check....

She told me that there's nothing she can do...

Again, I went today and asked another officer in the same local USCIS office. This officer did not help at all so I told him I won't leave till I talk to the supervisor... the supervisor came and she told me this:
You filed your case on Nov. 1st, it has not been 90 days because we DON'T WORK ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS. I told her the law and rule does not say BUSINESS days... so she was really rude and says: do you need me to help you or NOT, I said go ahead and she just kept repeating the same thing

My question is:
What should I do?
Would my I-485 GC application being pending affect this and they will wait for the same check to finish to give me my EAD?
What would a lawyer do if I talk to someone?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you

I don't understand!!

Br Hossamny,
my question is:

I already did the biometrics last september code 3, do you think they will ask me to do it again? my check is already cashed do you think my i will get soon my EAD card? I sent 2 expedite letters, do you think they will expedite my case? God bless you all....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIRAG
What is your question Exactly

================================================================

LIRAG said:
I don't understand!!

Br Hossamny,
my question is:

I already did the biometrics last september code 3, do you think they will ask me to do it again? my check is already cashed do you think my i will get soon my EAD card? I sent 2 expedite letters, do you think they will expedite my case? God bless you all....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIRAG
What is your question Exactly

================================================================

Lirag,

If your question is, will you be required to do biometrics for your EAD (765) again even though you did Code3, which I assume is for 485, last September then the answer is yes. Your biometrics for 485 is not applied towards your biometrics for 765.

As for when your EAD will be approved soon since your check has been cashed, I can't give you an answer since I have no clue when your EAD will be processed.

Hope this helps.

I did not see anywhere they say they count only business days for the 90 days for the EAD processing. EAD processing does not go through name check as far as i know unless they change somethign this year. when i did my biometrics the computer showed approved right in front of me and i was told i will get my EAD in few weeks but have not seen anything yet and its almost 90 days this monday. I will post what happens on Monday during my infopass.

It is Normal.

LIRAG
As minn_labor said,biometrics for I-485 is not applied towards your biometrics for I-765. you should see in the biometrics appointment letter what is the case type.
about cashing your check, it has nothing to do with getting the card soon, actually it's the first thing they do, after receiving your case they take your money then the process begin. good luck

RFE impact on the processing of EADs

Hi Friends!
Does anyone know how the RFE affect the processing of EADs. How long after uscis receives the response to rfe do they issue EAD cards. It has been 85 days I sent my response and I still have not heard nothing from them. Is 85 days still within the timeframe or what. Thank you,

Keep Your Hopes high and Your Spirit even Higher.

KAYGEE78
RFE effects the processing of EADs, the answer is YES, big time. at least RFE stops the clock(the 90 days frame) , second, it gives USCIS another 60 days after receiving the RFE to decide on the case.
For example, if some one applied for EAD, and after 80 days he/she received a RFE, it took him/her 10 days to respond and another 10 days for USCIS to enter it into the system,by the book(USCIS rules) they have another 60 days after all of that to issue the card.So, if you do the math, RFE can effect a person so hard that could take up to 160 days to be approved, if you add at least another week for the actual card to arrive in the mail, this could add up to almost 6 month! that's so sad but true, I know it becuase I BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT, it happened to me!!
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to scare you or to make you more worry, I'm just being honest with you, and as I always like to mention, Individual result may vary. Obviously depend on the officer, case nature and Circumstances
Good Luck :)

Keeping a positive mind now.

Hossamny.
Thank you for the answer. At least it is good to know that someone was in my situation. Look at my case and tell if it is in the normal timeline. My rd for I-785, I-130 and 485 was
RD 8/30/06
Biometrics 9/15/06
RFE received 9/16/06
Had 89 days to respond
RFE received by uscis on11/17/06
Now still waiting for card to be approve.
Thank you in advance.