Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
ead

The RFE letter said: " you are ineligible for interim employment authorization pursuant to Title 8, Code of Federal Regulation, Section 103.2(b)(10)(ii) until 90 days after the missing initial evidence is received"

So is it 90 days from Feb 8th?

Married to US citizen 2002
RD:i485, i130, i765. Dec17, 2006
ND: Dec20, 2006
FP: appointment Jan 6, 2007
Request docs: Jan 15, 2007
Sent: Feb 2, 2007, dropped at the POBOX:Feb 8, 2007
last update:Jan 15, 2007
It's at the MSC center

heavenangel9 said:
The RFE letter said: " you are ineligible for interim employment authorization pursuant to Title 8, Code of Federal Regulation, Section 103.2(b)(10)(ii) until 90 days after the missing initial evidence is received"

So is it 90 days from Feb 8th?

last update:Jan 15, 2007
It's at the MSC center
Was the RFE really for something initial? what was it that they want you to send?

I sent expediate letter last week monday, was received by uscis on tuesday still has not seen no update on case. It has now been 87 days since they received my rfe. Is there a need to worry or I have to wait till the 90 day.

EAD Renewal

I applied for 7th EAD on Oct 16,2006. It is still pending approval.

My current ead expired on Jan 22,2006.

I made first infopass on jan 11,2006. Officer sent me for biometrics and told me that I should get ead in 3 weeks. I asked her can I work after jan 22 even if I do not get the card, she told me "off course". Just tbe sure, I asked her again, she told me "off course" again.

After Jan 22, I am working. I still did not get new EAD yet. On Jan 30, I made another infopass. The officer sent an email on my behalf. The same day I saw a RFE request on the website.

This is painful painful story to share. Please shed some lights on "working without ead". Originally I thought I have to quit job, but immigration officer told me that I can work.

But, now I am readinng all the stories here. I am getting impression that people do not work when ead renewal is pending after current one expires.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD approved finally

Guys here is my story.

485 pending since June 2005 due to FBI name check. Applied for EAD renewal at NBC (E-filed) on 21st November 2006. RD: 22nd Nov 2006.
Biometrics on 6th Dec 2006.

Current work pemit expired on 26th Jan 2007 and have been forced to go on leave of absense by my company.

Sent 2 expediate request and the last one came back in mail asking me to contact the local office since my 485 is pending in that office.

LUD changed on 29th Jan, 30th Jan, 6th Feb, 7th Feb and 12 the feb
and today I finally got the apporval email at 11 pm pst .

I will let you know once I get actual EAD in my hands.

Good luck to everyone and Please let me know if I can be of any help.

They needed proof of income, they specifically asked for my husband's paystubs even if we did send all tax paperwork and w2s for the past 5 years.

Thanks for your replies.

Hi
Did your employer terminate and then hire you or you went on unpaid leave and then rejoined. What about the benefits.

Thanks.

Govind Agarwal said:
Based on the suggest letter, I sent letter to USCIS by over night service.
I sent the letter on 1/22/07,
Letter was delivered on 1/23/07,
EAD approved on 1/24/07,
On 1/25/07 my case stuatus changed, stating ordered for EAD production.
On 1/29/09 I received EAD in my mail box. New EAD is valid from 1/24/07 through 1/23/08.

My old EAD expired on 1/05/07, so I could not go to work. My I-485 was filed from Nebraska service center. Therefore I sent the letter to following address using UPS.

USCIS (Attn: I-765 Unit, Expedite Request)
Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
P.O. Box (87765)
Lincoln, NE 68508

It is important to mention "Attn: I-765 Unit, Expedite Request".

My letter to USCIS looks like as below. It will be helpful in addition to the sample provided.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
<my name and address here>

January 22nd 2007

The Director,
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Lincoln, NE

Dear Sir / Madam:

Ref: To expedite EAD processing time for
<LAST NAME>, <First Name and MI> (A#<Alien number here>)

I filed my I-765 (EAD renewal) on Nov 8th 2006, did my biometrics on 11/14/2006 (Enclosed a copy with stamp on it)

- My Alien # <Alien number here>.
- Receipt # LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX(enclosed a copy of the I-765 (receipt notice) EAD application, class C09 (based on pending I-485 Receipt # LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX (enclosed a copy of the I-485 receipt notice)
- I called customer service center to request a case status update on 12/28/06 and 1/16/07.
- I went to the local office using INFOPASS appointment on 1/3/07 and 1/17/07 to discuss the same.
- Last update on my case is on 11/11/06 that is more than 60 days old.

As per USCIS memo to local office, I-765 application must be under adjudication before 70 days to receive EAD card in 90 days. For my case 70 days completed on 1/17/07 but there is no update as of 1/22/07, this means I may not get EAD in 90 days.

My Old EAD expired on 1/5/07. Financially it is coming very hard on me, I have to take care of my family (me, my wife and my daughter) and also have to pay mortgage ($XXXX.XX per month).

Please expedite the process of my work authorization card (EAD). It is already 75 days since receipt notice date and 17 days since my EAD expiration.

If need additional information I can be reached at:
Telephone: XXX-XXX-XXXX.
E-mail: xxxxx@yahoo.com

I am enclosing the following documents for your reference.

1 I-765 Receipt notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX)
2 Last finger print notice.
3 Copy of previously issued EAD Card jacket sheet (Top portion not there).
4 Copy of previously Approved EAD (Front and Back).
5 I-140 approval notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX).
6 I-485 Receipt notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX)
7 Last EAD approval notice. (LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX)

We would appreciate your issuing me renewed document necessary for work.

Sincerely,

----------------------------------------
I did all possible efforts before sending this letter as mentioned above. As part of the urgency if you can get letter from employer that will help further.

Hope this will help you too, wish you good luck.

Leave of absense

My employer being a large company is lot stricter. I have been on unpaid leave of absense. My benefits still contiued.

No sign of Eventually Allocated Document !

EADSTUCK said:
My employer being a large company is lot stricter. I have been on unpaid leave of absense. My benefits still contiued.

My LUD changed 2/10/07 but no change in the description of the status.
Still says "Received and pending".
EADSTUCK you said your LUD changed numerous times before you got the approval, was there any change in the status of the case or the message itself?

Thanks,
Another jobless guy.

ipoh said:
EADSTUCK you said your LUD changed numerous times before you got the approval, was there any change in the status of the case or the message itself?

Thanks,
Another jobless guy.

The status of your message will only change when your case is approved and there after when your card is ordered and/or mailed. Goodluck

It is a mess

My RD was 22 Nov and Biometrics was done on 6th Dec.

First time my LUD was changed was on Jan 29 and then again on Jan 30th. I obviously got excited. It took another 14 days to get the email that my EAD has been approved. LUD changed again on 7th Feb and 8th Feb and the email was sent on Feb12th. I still have not recieved the card in my hand. MY employer wont let me start work without the actual card.

I am not scaring you but just setting your expectations so that you dont get disappointed like how I did.

ipoh said:

Thanks,
Another jobless guy.

MY LUD changed 2/12 and then 2/13 and then the officer incharge took off for Valentines day and hasnt still got back to the case.

Help Please!

I filed my 3rd EAD renewal 1/3/07. I haven't received the bio notice/appointment letter. Last night I checked my status online and it said their "last written notice to me was returned by post office as undeliverable." How could this happen? I didn't change address and got the receipt notice at the same address.

So, I contacted the customer service and they sent a service request for me. However, they ask me to allow 45 days for the letter to be resent to me! And I just found out that local office stopped issuing interim EAD. If the resent letter doesn't get to me in time (as is the case for people in this forum), I will be hosed! Does anyone have any idea what I should do? I want to take another job but am afraid wouldn't be able to get my EAD timely. Thanks!!

Help Please!

As you all know my rd for I-785 was August 30, received rfe on 9-16-06. Sent response to rfe to uscis on 11-17-06 cos I had 89 days to send response. It has been almost 90 days since uscis received my rfe so I called the national customer service number to do a service request since there was no decision on case. I just received a letter today from uscis stating that they are still processing my application and that they have to perform additional review on the case. In this same letter they stated that if I dont receive a decision or notice of action from them within 6 months, I should call them. It would be 90 days on the 15th since they received my response. Are they kidding me. On the rfe letter it said that I was ineligible for interim ead until 90 days after the receive the missing evidence.
legally after 90 days from the time they received my rfe I am eligible for an interim ead since they still have not made a decision on the case. Any advice for me at this point. I am having a heart attack right now. I am disappointed.

Update

I recd emails that card productiuon has been ordered for both me and my wife.
MSC PD date Dec 4th. $th EAD renewal.
I wont be satisfied till I see the cards.

Al_AOS

Did you apply paper filing or e-file. when does your current EAD expire? Did you contact anyone or expedite your application?

Paper filed at MSC
I applied almost 110 days . MY current EAD expires in March. No mine was approved in about 70 days or more.
My suggestion to you is immediately speak to your Senator office and Express mail the letter and other documents Today.

finally..people with answers...

Hi, I'm so happy that I found thid forum!!!!
I'm married to an USC applied for I485, I765, AP...all RD: 12/22/06 and ND: 12/27/06
I did my biometrics on 01/25/07...
Now what? (I'm losing jobs waiting for this....)LUD:01/29/07
I wait for an approval letter or the actual permit?
I read somewhere in this forum (of course, now I can't find it anymore, an FBI number that you can call and ask if about your figerprints and name check stuff...does anyone have that number?
Also my case is in MSC...and from what i've been reading they take even longer....any experiences?
Should i send a letter to expedite my case even though the 90 days are not over? Losing job opportunities is not fun at all.....

thanks..

your receipt dates are close to mine-it takes 75-90 from your receipt date to get your work authorization approved. USCIS should be starting to process early Dec. filers now and may reach those of us mid-late Dec. by end of Feb-mid March. there is not really anything you can do to expedite your work authorization, unfortunately. you just have to wait for your processing date to come up. you can count 75-90 days from your receipt date to get ideas. many filers have been getting EAD in about 75 days! keep us posted-there is a Late December filing thread as well.

brgirl,
We have the same filling dates, but my bio was 1-06. Apparently it takes 90 days on the dot to get EAD from MSC ( my friend just received hers on day 90). Cross your fingers for no RFEs.

LUD:Jan 15, 2007 for i 485
LUD: 2-12-07 received evidence
LUD: 2-13 for i 485
LUD: 2-15 for i 485
Nothing on i130 and i765 since 01-10-07 and 01-11-07 respectively

It's at the MSC center