Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Thank you guys for the support. Im going to call the 800 number first thing tomorrow. I have a letter that I could not help writing last night. Im gonna send it priority tomorrow aswel. I hope something get done about this issue with no interim EADs since uscis can't even adjudicate cases by the 90day period. What do they expect people like me to do. I really don't know what's up with the MSC, they seem to be behind all the time.

EAD card arrived!

Confirmed, only a few days after you received approval email(or online status) sent from USCIS you'd receive the card.

Hi Pacousi25, Hossmary all Friends!
I called the 800 nimber this morning. I insisted to be transfered to an immigration officer. I was not able to do so because the rep said they do not have access to officers. After given her my receipt number, she proceeded to read the same case status I see everyday when I log on my computer. I told her I needed an up to date information on my case. All she was able to do at this point was to send a service inquiry request to MSC. Guys how would this help me get my case rosolved so I can receive my EAD immediately. Do I need to make another trip to my local office. You all have a good day.

Hi Pacousi25
Im just wondering, how were you able to speak to the immigration officer. Did you speak to him through the 800 number or you got a direct number to MSC.

It is pointless

KAYGEE78,

I have called 1800 several times and I can say that they do not have any information that we dont have through online. In fact, when I called them last week since the LUD on my case changed and asked why it would have changed etc. the rep didnt have any idea why that would happen and he could not see LUD changed from his computer. First of all it takes 20 mins to speak to someone and sometimes they forward your call to somebody who they claim to have more information but in my case that has never happened. They simply start reading the stuff that we see online like we recieved your application on 22 Nov....blah blah blah. I feel like slitting my wrists when I talk to them. Also when I asked, could please allow me to speak to immigration officer the answer has been flat 'No' The claim that they dont have that kind of access. Also I made appointment to the local INS office and since my case is still under 90 day of processing time the officer was not willing to assist me. I have also tried the senator option and that didnt help either.

Since your case seems like well above the processing times I would strongly suggest to contact senetor's office. Also make an appointment with local INS office and be aggressive. Cry or yell in front of them if you have to. That is the only thing I could think of.

Good luck and I feel your pain.

How to Contact Lee's summit, MO

Does anybody knows any contact information for Lee's Summit, MO office.
My case has been approved on Jan,24 and have my biometrics taken on Jan 26 during my infopass appointment. I still have not gotten case approval notice on the web site and no card so far.

What do you mean by contact information?

Here is the address for expediate request that I used,

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
705 B South East
Melody Lane
Box 2000
Lee’s Summit
MO 64063

Address

Thank you for the address. I'll send them an expediate request. Do you have a sample of the letter you send by any chance?

EADSTUCK said:
Here is the address for expediate request that I used,

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
705 B South East
Melody Lane
Box 2000
Lee’s Summit
MO 64063

Here what I used

Dear immigration officer:

I e-filed for renewal of my work permit: - I-765 on XXXXX at National Benefits Center. I did my biometrics on XXXXXX and sent supporting documents in the same week.

My Alien #AXXXXX
Receipt #:XXXXX

I am married to a US Citizen and my EAD application is based on a pending 485 adjustment application [(c)(9)]
My current EAD expired on 1/26/2007. (All the supporting documents are attached)

Please have mercy and kindly expedite the process of my work authorization card other since I have be removed from the payroll and can potentially loose my job. Attached is the letter I received from the HR department of my company. I am the only bread winner of the family and I also have a 3 month old son who needs to be taken care off.

I renewed my current EAD in the local office and was granted the EAD card the same day last January but the process has now changed so when I went to the local office they refused to give the EAD card and asked to apply at the Service Center.

I would be extra careful in the future and apply at least 120 Days in advance.
I am attaching the credit card information which includes mailing address if you can please send the card via express mail.
If need any additional information, I can be reached at:

Telephone: XXXXXX
E-mail: XXXXXX
Fax: XXXXXX

Thank you in advance

Thanks

Thank you so much for the letter.

EADSTUCK said:
Dear immigration officer:

I e-filed for renewal of my work permit: - I-765 on XXXXX at National Benefits Center. I did my biometrics on XXXXXX and sent supporting documents in the same week.

My Alien #AXXXXX
Receipt #:XXXXX

I am married to a US Citizen and my EAD application is based on a pending 485 adjustment application [(c)(9)]
My current EAD expired on 1/26/2007. (All the supporting documents are attached)

Please have mercy and kindly expedite the process of my work authorization card other since I have be removed from the payroll and can potentially loose my job. Attached is the letter I received from the HR department of my company. I am the only bread winner of the family and I also have a 3 month old son who needs to be taken care off.

I renewed my current EAD in the local office and was granted the EAD card the same day last January but the process has now changed so when I went to the local office they refused to give the EAD card and asked to apply at the Service Center.

I would be extra careful in the future and apply at least 120 Days in advance.
I am attaching the credit card information which includes mailing address if you can please send the card via express mail.
If need any additional information, I can be reached at:

Telephone: XXXXXX
E-mail: XXXXXX
Fax: XXXXXX

Thank you in advance

hello kaygee

hello everyone first i wanna say that i got my ead card today im so hapy i went to apply for my ssn i will get it in 2 weeks and kaygee just call the the 800 no and tell them that u need to speack to an immigration officer they will transfer u to one and he/she will be able to help u the customer service wont help u i called them about 6 times and they just kept giving me some numbers and asked me to wait for months talk an immigration officer

Panicking

My LUD changed on 29th and 30th...but since then nothing has happened....is this normal? This is the 4th business day without any updates.

i got my advance parole as well today i was planning to go to my country morocco but i dont think it is safe to travel with that travel document and i wanna go see my brother in canada what do u think hossamy is it safe to travel with the travel document or shall i just wait for my green card

Will call again tomorrow to insist that I speak to one. Hopefully I would be successful this time around. People remember me in your prayers cos this is making my blood pressure go up cos I did not expect to encounter this at all. Anybody know when the luds change. Is it in the evening after their office hours or after midnight or immediately after an update is done. My lud for I-765 was 9/18/06. Is this normal? Thanks.

it's a little bit of risk, but..

pacousi25
I would be worry to visit morocco usin AP, given all the hype around all mid east/arabs makes it risky and not safe.
If you can wait, its much better to use your GC, if not, just pray and hope for the best.
Was you staying legal at all time? did you over stayed your visa? do you have a name check pending? have you ever traveled outside US before?did you register? what was the nature of your last entry?are you under (C)(9) now? a lot of questions but keep in mind that individual result will vary, some people had bad luck using AP to travel to north africa, while some other people had no problems but some delay at the airport. Again, there is no set rule here.
Good Luck :)

heard that anyone has a security check pending is not allowed to get EAD.
Is it correct???

hello hossamy

well i came to usa as f1 visa holder but i didnt go to the school becoz my sponsor in morocco let me down my f1 visa still valid but i didnt go to the school so and what about going to canada i wanna visite my brother for 3 days is it not safe to go to canada also using AP

Last edited by a moderator:
LIRAG said:
heard that anyone has a security check pending is not allowed to get EAD.
Is it correct???
If they start denying EAD 's with pending Name check then I guess USCIS will be strangling butchering a CASH cow with thier own bare hands.
Plus then more than 70 % of AOS cases will be without EAD.......