Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

No FP Notice yet

Gurus,
Got receipt notices, on 8/10 (RD 06/28 ). NO FP Notice yet :( :mad: :confused: :(. Anybody in similar situation ? Got EAD and AP on 08/20 and 09/05 .

Today I received the EAD

Today I received the EAD card for my wife and me. However, I have my H1 valid until May '10. So EAD is not useful for me until and unless I need to change the employer..right? However, my wife can use the EAD to work?
Also normally all communications from USCIS comes in their own envlope. This time, I got it in the normal envelope without any senders' address. Is this normal? And the EAD card says, finger print not available. Is this also same with every one who received the EAD?

Today I received the EAD card for my wife and me. However, I have my H1 valid until May '10. So EAD is not useful for me until and unless I need to change the employer..right? However, my wife can use the EAD to work?
Also normally all communications from USCIS comes in their own envlope. This time, I got it in the normal envelope without any senders' address. Is this normal? And the EAD card says, finger print not available. Is this also same with every one who received the EAD?

Your EAD is not really useful until after 180 days of I-485 receipt. After 180 days, you may want to use AC21 job portability. Once you use AC21 portability, it means that you then use your EAD to work with the new employer. Since your H1B is sponsered by your current employer, it cancels once you quit that first job.

You can transfer the H1B to your new job, if your new employer is willing to transfer it. Your I-485 still is processed in it normal way if you do the H1B transfer to your new employer. In this scenerio your EAD still stands valid ans also in case you want to do a second part-time job, you can use your EAD.

your H1B is out of the scene.

Instead of using the AC21, if you do not want H1B to expi

AP Sent Notice Received

Hi Folks,

Thought I'll let you all know that today I got an email stating that they sent my AP approval notice. Vola now I can fly high in the sky. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully I will get it in my hand sooooon.

485/EAD/AP Receipt date: 7/3/07 notice date: 9/6/07 TSC
EAD Approved Received 9/17/07
FP:9/26 done, LUD on 485:9/26, 9/27
AP(131) LUD: 9/24/07(received and pending), 9/30/07( approval notice sent on 28th)

EAD Question

You could use the EAD even now to do a second job if you want to but as soon as you use it then your h1 b is invalid. Everyone is saying that if you have h1 keep it and don't use your EAD, because EAD is valid for only 1 year and if your ead expires and if u have not recieved your new EAD(pending) yet then u are out of status. On the other hand if you are renewing your h1 u r still in status when the H1 is pending, but that's not the case with EAD

Your wife can use her EAD to work.

When u change your job u could either use EAD or do H1 tranfer, some people use EAD because don't want to shell extra grands for H1 process, but some are willing to spend that cash for security, so it's your call.

I got mine in normal envelop also so it's ok.

RFE on the way for my EAD application

While a lot of folks in this forum are getting their EAD approvals, a RFE has been issued for me :( (my wife's EAD is still pending).

On Sept 27, (which is 90 days after USCIS received our 485/131/765 package on June 27), I called USCIS to inquire about the status of the EAD applicaiton which I was hoping to receive any day.

But the IO told me that a RFE has been issued for my EAD on 09/24/07. Then on the 09/28, I got an email from CRIS about the RFE. Today, 09/30, I saw another LUD on my EAD, but the message is still the same ...RFE has been issued. Not sure what this latest LUD from today means?

My lawyer is yet to receive the hardcopy of the RFE without which we cannot really tell what document the USCIS looking for.

But at least this is an independent process and will not put on hold processing of our 485 and 131 applications.

So, the RFE is bit of a let down at this point. But then again, we are praying hard and trying to keep our spirits up.

EAD Rcvd

PD: Feb 2003 (EB3 - India)
RD: 6/26
ND: 7/20
FP: 8/18
EAD(Approved and mailed): 9/24
EAD(Card rcvd): 9/29:)

[/SIZE]

Me and my spouse both rcvd the card on 29th. We did our FP on 8/18, but the card still says no FP available. I am taking it cool bcoz I see many in the forum like that.
But still no news about my AP.
One question. Can my wife start working with the EAD or does she have to get her SSN before she starts working. Isnt SSN matter while running the payroll. Pls guide.

Thanks
GCDreamer

No Fp

Gurus,
Got receipt notices, on 8/10 (RD 06/28 ). NO FP Notice yet :( :mad: :confused: :(. Anybody in similar situation ? Got EAD and AP on 08/20 and 09/05 .

Hi! I am in same boat. My RD is 6/21/07. My beneficiares get FP in jul but not me yet. I also called several times to 1-800# and every time they give different answeres. I don't know what to do. Let me know if you have solution to this.

EAD/AP AD 8/12/07.

She should apply for the SSN. It usually takes about two weeks. She can start working if the employer agrees but she will not be paid until she has the SSN

PD: Feb 2003 (EB3 - India)
RD: 6/26
ND: 7/20
FP: 8/18
EAD(Approved and mailed): 9/24
EAD(Card rcvd): 9/29:)

[/SIZE]

Me and my spouse both rcvd the card on 29th. We did our FP on 8/18, but the card still says no FP available. I am taking it cool bcoz I see many in the forum like that.
But still no news about my AP.
One question. Can my wife start working with the EAD or does she have to get her SSN before she starts working. Isnt SSN matter while running the payroll. Pls guide.

Thanks
GCDreamer

Its OCT 1 today, USCIS will issue 2007-2008 visa numbers. Hopfully we'll see a lot of approvals coming in :)

FP Notice

Hi james_bond_007
what they told you ? did you called 1800 No ? there is any use if you go to
infopass ?

No use taking info pass for FP. BUT today morning I called the 1800 # and a nice guy took the call. He said there was no FP initiated for my application yet. He then requested it and gave me a confirmation number.. Hopefully I will get it in the mail soon:)..

485 Rfe

Recd the RFE from attorney on 10/01/07:
Self:
1]Medical
2]Ability to pay letter from employer

Spouse:
1]Medical
2]Marriage certificate

Rest details in my posting below.

Our Receipt notices were recd by attorney...forwarded to me.
LFGC
PD:Mar-2002-EB3-India
I-140 AD: 02/08/07
I-485,AP,EAD (TSC) RD: 06/08/07 (notice recd by attorney)
ND: 06/25/07
FP notice recd: 07/02/07 for 07/12/07
FP completed: 07/06/07 (requested preponement)
LUD:07/06/07, 07/07/07
LUD(140):08/05/07
EAD(spouse): 07/30/07(email recd), 08/03/07(card recd)
EAD(Self):08/15/07
AP:08/08/07
485 RFE email recd: 09/25/07

No use taking info pass for FP. BUT today morning I called the 1800 # and a nice guy took the call. He said there was no FP initiated for my application yet. He then requested it and gave me a confirmation number.. Hopefully I will get it in the mail soon:)..

Hi
Can you pls give me what no you called ?
Thank You very much...
:):)

Cashiers checks with 485 application: Need Urgent Help.

Guru’s,

For some unknown reasons I submitted “Cashiers Checks” along-with my 485 application. The checks are marked July 27th, 2007. The receipt date for 485 application as per Fed-Ex tracking email was August 2nd, 2007 at Dallas Service Center.

The issue I am facing is, I have not yet received any update/receipt number yet. If the USCIS don’t open my case by October 27th, 2007, the cashier’s checks WILL BE VOID.

Question is: what are the possible implications of above?
[Here are couples of possibilities].

1) Will USCIS render my application as invalid and sent it back, if they open after 27th October?
If yes then since filing period is over, I will be stuck until 485 dates become current again. This will be nightmarish scenario for me.

2) Will USCIS send an RFE and ask me to send checks with new dates?
i) Will they ask me to send the old fees or new fees?
[I guess I don’t mind paying new fees as at least the application won’t be revoked]

My company lawyer says since this is a new situation for them, they don’t have any answer and will have to wait until we hear from USCIS. He can not confirm however that the case won’t be rejected.

I called up 1-800-375-5283 (USICS Support number). The lady over there says I should wait for 90 days [one more month] before I can initiate any formal inquiry process. She, however did not know [or did not revel] the possible implication if checks are not en-cashed within 3 months.

I am really on the edge for this. Anyone else went through similar situation or is in the same boat.

Please help …….