Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

Concurrent Filing

I filed my 145 & 485 related documents to Nebraska service center by July 17 (2007). I neither receive any response nor the checks debited from my account. Anyone facing similar situation? I called the 1800 number and got the answer that I need to wait 90 days.

flelixjose,

I know a friend of mine who filed in the first week of Aug, whose checks havn’t yet been cleared. What is 145 form for? Can’t you ask your attorney for some help?

PD: Feb 2003 (EB3 - India)
RD: 6/26
ND: 7/20
FP: 8/18

EAD (spouse & me): Card production ordered.
I-485 & AP: Status shows: Case received and pending.

sorry for the mistake.

flelixjose,

I know a friend of mine who filed in the first week of Aug, whose checks havn’t yet been cleared. What is 145 form for? Can’t you ask your attorney for some help?

PD: Feb 2003 (EB3 - India)
RD: 6/26
ND: 7/20
FP: 8/18

EAD (spouse & me): Card production ordered.

I-485 & AP: Status shows: Case received and pending.
I am sorry. It was I 140. For the attorney, it is one among many cases. He said that there are many such cases...

mine and spouse EAD's are approved but both of our's AP are pending and its been over 100 days since RD.

Any idea if AP depends upon Name Check ??

AP approval shouldnt depend on NC

mgupta2050,
I have both EAD and AP approved even though NC pending.I dont think AP approval depends on NC.My NC as per INFOPASS was started 08/04 and is pending.Did you try to find out when yours was initiated?

mine and spouse EAD's are approved but both of our's AP are pending and its been over 100 days since RD.

Any idea if AP depends upon Name Check ??

Info. on Security Check

Most of the people might know about this. But, just sharing.

Got from
http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html

How Immigration Security Checks Work

To ensure that immigration benefits are given only to eligible applicants, USCIS adopted background security check procedures that address a wide range of possible risk factors. Different kinds of applications undergo different levels of scrutiny. USCIS normally uses the following three background check mechanisms but maintains the authority to conduct other background investigations as necessary:

• The Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Name Check— IBIS is a multi-agency effort with a central system that combines information from multiple agencies, databases and system interfaces to compile data relating to national security risks, public safety issues and other law enforcement concerns. USCIS can quickly check information from these multiple government agencies to determine if the information in the system affects the adjudication of the case. Results of an IBIS check are usually available immediately. In some cases, information found during an IBIS check will require further investigation. The IBIS check is not deemed completed until all eligibility issues arising from the initial system response are resolved.

• FBI Fingerprint Check—FBI fingerprint checks are conducted for many applications. The FBI fingerprint check provides information relating to criminal background within the United States. Generally, the FBI forwards responses to USCIS within 24-48 hours. If there is a record match, the FBI forwards an electronic copy of the criminal history (RAP sheet) to USCIS. At that point, a USCIS adjudicator reviews the information to determine what effect it may have on eligibility for the benefit. Although the vast majority of inquiries yield no record or match, about 10 percent do uncover criminal history (including immigration violations). In cases involving arrests or charges without disposition, USCIS requires the applicant to provide court certified evidence of the disposition. Customers with prior arrests should provide complete information and certified disposition records at the time of filing to avoid adjudication delays or denial resulting from misrepresentation about criminal history. Even expunged or vacated convictions must be reported for immigration purposes.

• FBI Name Checks—FBI name checks are also required for many applications. The FBI name check is totally different from the FBI fingerprint check. The records maintained in the FBI name check process consist of administrative, applicant, criminal, personnel and other files compiled by law enforcement. Initial responses to this check generally take about two weeks. In about 80 percent of the cases, no match is found. Of the remaining 20 percent, most are resolved within six months. Less than one percent of cases subject to an FBI name check remain pending longer than six months. Some of these cases involve complex, highly sensitive information and cannot be resolved quickly. Even after FBI has provided an initial response to USCIS concerning a match, the name check is not complete until full information is obtained and eligibility issues arising from it are resolved.

For most applicants, the process outlined above allows USCIS to quickly determine if there are criminal or security related issues in the applicant’s background that affect eligibility for immigration benefits. Most cases proceed forward without incident. However, due to both the sheer volume of security checks USCIS conducts, and the need to ensure that each applicant is thoroughly screened, some delays on individual applications are inevitable. Background checks may still be considered pending when either the FBI or relevant agency has not provided the final response to the background check or when the FBI or agency has provided a response, but the response requires further investigation or review by the agency or USCIS. Resolving pending cases is time-consuming and labor-intensive; some cases legitimately take months or even several years to resolve. Every USCIS District Office performs regular reviews of the pending caseload to determine when cases have cleared and are ready to be decided. USCIS does not share information about the records match or the nature or status of any investigation with applicants or their representatives.

As you can see my sign, there are two consecutive LUD's on my I-485, What can it be? And the status message says...

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

Today I got an email from my attorney saying that it was "the ASC appointment notice that was undeliverable to your home address. This is the document that was sent out on 9/15/07 and not the I-485 approval."

Interesting thing here is my FP appointment date was on 09/14 and the USCIS mailed on 09/15.

mgupta2050,
I have both EAD and AP approved even though NC pending.I dont think AP approval depends on NC.My NC as per INFOPASS was started 08/04 and is pending.Did you try to find out when yours was initiated?
yes I did..see my signature i.e 7/31

Got EAD

Without any email or other notification I received the EAD in the mail today. Last Friday I got the Biometrics apointment for the i485. See my details below.

Name check question?

EB-2 India

Labor Priority Date - 08/29/03
1-140 Approval Date - 02/27/07
1-485, AP and EAD filed - 06/01/07 (NSC , transferred to TSC)
1-485, AP and EAD receipt dates - 06/07/07 (TSC)
Finger Printing : 06/28/07
AP received: 08/02/07
EAD Card received: 08/02/07

1-485 LUD : 07/03/07 (No LUD's after Fingerprinting)

Any analysis on this case would be appreciated? I'm only concerned that it's not stuck in Name Check?!?! Anyway to find that out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Stuck in Name Check

EB3 India

Priority Date - March 29th 2003
1-140 Approval Date - 02/29/07
1-485, AP and EAD filed - 06/02/07 (Case at TSC)
Finger Printing : 07/14/07
AP received (For myself and Wife): 08/14/07
EAD Card received(For myself and Wife): 08/10/07

1-485 LUD : 07/14/07 (No LUD's after Fingerprinting)

Went for INFOPASS last week. IO told me that the Name Check is pending?!?!

Two ways to find out

1)Take Infopass appointment at infopass.uscis.gov
or
2)Call Service center and speak to an IO
18003755283 options: 1,2,2,6,1 Receipt # ,1,3,4

EB-2 India

Labor Priority Date - 08/29/03
1-140 Approval Date - 02/27/07
1-485, AP and EAD filed - 06/01/07 (NSC , transferred to TSC)
Finger Printing : 06/28/07
AP received: 08/02/07
EAD Card received: 08/02/07

1-485 LUD : 07/03/07 (No LUD's after Fingerprinting)

Any analysis on this case would be appreciated? I'm only concerned that it's not stuck in Name Check?!?! Anyway to find that out?

Update:LFGC:485-RFE email recd

Our Receipt notices were recd by attorney...forwarded to me.
LFGC
PD:Mar-2002-EB3-India
I-140 AD: 02/08/07
I-485,AP,EAD (TSC) RD: 06/08/07 (notice recd by attorney)
ND: 06/25/07
FP notice recd: 07/02/07 for 07/12/07
FP completed: 07/06/07 (requested preponement)
LUD:07/06/07, 07/07/07
LUD(140):08/05/07
EAD(spouse): 07/30/07(email recd), 08/03/07(card recd)
EAD(Self):08/15/07
AP:08/08/07
485 RFE email recd: 09/25/07

Ead I-765

EAD Approved! Got the "Card Production Ordered" message/email. Receipt date is 06/07/07.

I can see that some people get e-mail "Card Production Ordered" and other "Approval sent" for EAD I-765.

If there is anyone who can explain the difference ?

On the tracitt.com I saw the case where someone got "Card Production" e-mail in 5 days got EAD card and one week later got RFE for EAD, having EAD card in hands.

I am under impression now that e-mail "Card Production Ordered" e-mail and EAD card received by mail is not approval of I-765 yet. Am I right ?

Last edited by a moderator: