Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

My attorney filed my case at NSC on Jun 12 and should have reached on 13th. Today after calling USCISI I got my receipt # and the online status shows that they received my case on June 30th.

"On June 30, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case......."

I have not received my recept in mail yet. LUD = 7/5/07

Can anyone explain why they would have changed my date from 13th to 30th. Is 30th the notice date? I have seen a lot of people here who got their receipt #s after calling USCIS. Has anyone else seen this?

You will see Receive Date on your receipt notice, most probably 13th.

I called USCIS today to find my receipt numbers as I am already in 4th week. They said initially it was taking 3-4 weeks to send notice numbers but looks like now it's taking around 7-8 weeks to get them and asked us to be patient, he also said some people may be getting but it doesn't mean that every one should get around the same time duration. The guy I spoke with at USCIS also was mentioning there was some issue with their system regarding posting the applications which might have caused some delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news?

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/alerts/visa_bulletin_mess.htm

Immigration Alert

July 11, 2007

Visa Bulletin Mess Update: Rumors and Innuendo

HLG has confirmed that the CIS is not returning I-485 Applications back to those who filed I-485 during the first week of July. This is leading many to speculate that the CIS may reverse course and re-re-amend the July Visa Bulletin; whether the Visa Bulletin actually reopens remains to be seen. HLG normally refrains from commenting on rumors, but we have talked to several Washington insiders and believe that this is seriously being considered.

What does this mean for foreign nationals who planned on filing I-485s in July 2007?

HLG recommends that all foreign nationals who planned on filing I-485s in June take two actions:

1. Have your medical appointments completed. Medical appointments can back up quite quickly. Therefore we urge people to complete their medicals.

2. Send in your documents to HLG. HLG’s I-485 Step By Step Guide has a list of documents that we need for all I-485 filing. HLG will not begin preparing the I-485 at this time, but we still recommend that you send us all of the items on the list.
HLG I-485 Step By Step Guide: http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/485step_by_step.htm

What does this mean for foreign nationals who planned on filing via Consular Processing?

We urge all foreign nationals to attend consular appointments. The Consulates are clearly issuing visa stamps to those with appointments.

Keep up with the latest Immigration News by signing up for all of Hammond Law Group LLC's free publications:

Immigration Alerts, Medical Monthly Monitor and Business Immigration Quarterly.

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/mailing_list.htm

[back to main listing]

Lofgren Gives Uscis Three Days To Answer Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING NEWS: LOFGREN GIVES USCIS THREE DAYS TO ANSWER QUESTIONS

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), chair of the House Immigration Subcommittee, sent Secretary Chertoff a list of questions and a request for documents from USCIS to get to the bottom of the whole Visa Bulletin fiasco. The letter is very interesting not just because it puts a heck of a lot of pressure on DHS right now, but also because Lofgren's folks imply from the questions that USCIS was short circuiting established security clearance procedures to "pre-request" visa numbers from DOS. If it turns out full security clearances were not carried out, USCIS will either need to say that they had the legal justification (which would be a public relations disaster for the agency) or that they intended to complete the checks after the fact (which would be a direct violation of their own regulations). The only way to avoid answering the questions and to make this go away would be to eat crow and start working the case July cases.

My experiance with IO

I called just a while ago, first time I reached a rude lady. First she asked me "are you from Military Service", then she told me there is lot of back log and rudely advised me to check the back side of cleared checks for receipt#. I politely told her that my case was filed by attorny and requested for status. After couple of rude remarks :)confused:) she transfered the call to another queue. After 18 minutes of wait a nice lady answered the call and provided the receipt numbers of I485/765/131 and told me that it was processed on 7/9/07.

Here are my case details:
Sent I485/765/131 packet to NSC on 6/12/2007, received at NSC on 6/13/2007, processed on 7/9/2007.

When I checked my case status online it said "...This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location...". It is interesting to note that my case was transfered to TSC (heard that things are moving faster at TSC).

One more interesting note that all three LUDs are updated today's date not sure if it is reflecting my call date(?) or something else...

Best of luck folks...

Info not in the system

My attorney said my application was sent out on June 8th. So hopefully NSC would have rcvd it on or before 11th. Today I called 800 375 5283, they said my name is not yet entered in the system. Why should it take so much time?
Since our company is paying the checks, it is difficult for us to get the info from the accounts dept. My company is a huge one.

What should I do to know if we are in or on pending list? Or can we assume that whoever filed in June or before the last week is safe?

Thanks
GC Dreamer

Info Not in System

My attorney said my application was sent out on June 8th. So hopefully NSC would have rcvd it on or before 11th. Today I called 800 375 5283, they said my name is not yet entered in the system. Why should it take so much time?
Since our company is paying the checks, it is difficult for us to get the info from the accounts dept. My company is a huge one.

What should I do to know if we are in or on pending list? Or can we assume that whoever filed in June or before the last week is safe?

Thanks
GC Dreamer

I called USCIS and talked to IO this morning. Seems like my info in not in the system :confused:

PD: Dec 2003 EB2 India
I-485/EAD/AP: Reached NSC on 6/18

???

What is mean by "planned on filing via Consular Processing" ?? is this another method of filing 485 application?

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/alerts/visa_bulletin_mess.htm

Immigration Alert

July 11, 2007

Visa Bulletin Mess Update: Rumors and Innuendo

HLG has confirmed that the CIS is not returning I-485 Applications back to those who filed I-485 during the first week of July. This is leading many to speculate that the CIS may reverse course and re-re-amend the July Visa Bulletin; whether the Visa Bulletin actually reopens remains to be seen. HLG normally refrains from commenting on rumors, but we have talked to several Washington insiders and believe that this is seriously being considered.

What does this mean for foreign nationals who planned on filing I-485s in July 2007?

HLG recommends that all foreign nationals who planned on filing I-485s in June take two actions:

1. Have your medical appointments completed. Medical appointments can back up quite quickly. Therefore we urge people to complete their medicals.

2. Send in your documents to HLG. HLG’s I-485 Step By Step Guide has a list of documents that we need for all I-485 filing. HLG will not begin preparing the I-485 at this time, but we still recommend that you send us all of the items on the list.
HLG I-485 Step By Step Guide: http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/485step_by_step.htm

What does this mean for foreign nationals who planned on filing via Consular Processing?

We urge all foreign nationals to attend consular appointments. The Consulates are clearly issuing visa stamps to those with appointments.

Keep up with the latest Immigration News by signing up for all of Hammond Law Group LLC's free publications:

Immigration Alerts, Medical Monthly Monitor and Business Immigration Quarterly.

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/mailing_list.htm

[back to main listing]

completed FP on July 10

code 3 10 fingers / index and thumb prints + picture taken...

amidst lotsa hand twisting...spraying with water n pressing fingers on the screen to get clear prints..red match found msgs on screen....not to forget the totally annoyed agent!!! (what's her frikkin problem???? arghhhhh!!!)

LUD on my 485 - today 7/11/07
spouse's 485 - LUD 7/10 and 7/11

good luck folks who are waiting...

the Gandhigiri flower campaign by IV members seems to have caught some attention!!

Thanks
GC Dreamer

I talked to IO at Nebraska today and he told me my file is not in the system too. It will take at least two more weeks. He suggest me to call back If I do not receive anything by Ago 01.

LC Ago 2004
I-140: Approved May 30 07
I-485, I-131 and I-765[/B] Delivered to NSC by Jun 15 07

Got my FP done today 7/11.

FP code 3 was done for me and my spouse, the agent was good and really helpful, he was able to find out by looking at my finger prints that i had some burn on my fingers. I was amazed, a burn when i was 2 yrs old gets reflected in finger prints. Hope my name check gets cleared smoothly.

I got LUDs on me and my spouse case today itself.

Anyway things went well, good luck to other fellows for rest of the process.

Mine is not in system yet

My application reached nebraska on Jun15th. Today i spoke to IO and he was so nice and check my name and also with A# but no information was available yet.

:-(

I talked to IO at Nebraska today and he told me my file is not in the system too. It will take at least two more weeks. He suggest me to call back If I do not receive anything by Ago 01.

LC Ago 2004
I-140: Approved May 30 07
I-485, I-131 and I-765[/B] Delivered to NSC by Jun 15 07

FP code 3 was done for me and my spouse, the agent was good and really helpful, he was able to find out by looking at my finger prints that i had some burn on my fingers. I was amazed, a burn when i was 2 yrs old gets reflected in finger prints. Hope my name check gets cleared smoothly.

I got LUDs on me and my spouse case today itself.

Anyway things went well, good luck to other fellows for rest of the process.

Was your AP mailed to your home address or attorney. Thanks.

Correct. That is second method of filing AOS (I485) which is outside USA, mostly at applicants home country. For more details, refer USCIS website.

What is mean by "planned on filing via Consular Processing" ?? is this another method of filing 485 application?

my status

PD: 011703 EB3(IN) RIR MI

---- I485, I131, I765 ----

Filed: 060807 @TSC

RD:061807
FP(code3): 071107
485 LUD self: 062007,071107,071207
485 LUD spouse:062007,071107,071207

Finger Printing before the Date

We received the FP notice but the dates are different for me and my wife. Can we go on tha same day to get Finger Printing done?
Will LUD change if I do FP a day advance? Please answer

Thanks

Filed on Jun 14 - nothing yet

Just spoke w/ an IO who was not nearly as nice as the first one I spoke w/ last week (I happen to have the names of both but will refrain from posting them here). He pretty much told me I was not in the system and when asked how long I should wait before I call again, he said I had to wait for as long as it would take NSC to open my documents.... I asked did that mean I should wait for a year and he said not a year. Then he told me something about how I should have filed in a more timely fashion?!? I explained I filed in the middle of June when my PD was current. But ok, I take the blame for this grand mess - it is completely my fault that people are waiting for receipts for over a month now so everybody on these forums now knows where to channel their frustrations (i.e. my way). He was definitely rude... He even said that if they open my documents after the cutoff date, i.e. the retrogression date of July 2, then they would return my documents to me. Now that was a new one!!

got another LUD today, can someone explain why there are 2 LUDs after FP, any insight would be helpful. Someone was telling me that if the namecheck goes through one gets another LUD, is that true???