Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

Unfortunate situation again.

This is very unfortunate and unlucky situation now. Most of us know that USCIS has stopped accepting 485 applications because of too many filings than available visa numbers. This was inevitable when suddenly they opened the flood gates based on ombudsman’s report. In this entire year, from Jan to May they haven’t moved much (May15, 2001) and suddenly in one month, dates forwarded to 2 years and again July bulletin made it current (4 years) . If they were so concerned about expiring visas then why they didn’t move the date earlier in the year.

Anyway, USCIS will probably return all July cases that have not been entered in the system (June filers should be fine). Because they are increasing the fees drastically (3 times of current fees) from July 30 and this will give them a reason to fetch more money from us. So if you have to file after July 30, you’ll be paying $1100 for 485 instead of $385.

Now AILF is also trying to sue immigration agencies and DOS because of these ha-voc predictions and suddenly stopping to accept applications. I’m not sure, how much concerned really they are with our situation or are they just taking advantage of the situation to earn more. Suing will not increase the visa numbers as it has to be passed by Congress. I’m afraid about making USCIS and DOS angry by suing. If they become, then they can do whatever they want to give us more pain.

What say?
I hope everyone gets out of this mess soon without sacrificing more on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing yet according to CS

I just called the 800-375-5283 number (press 2-6-2-2 for cases mailed more than 4 weeks ago) and was lucky enough to speak w/ two very kind people - the first one customer service (a lady), who escalated my call to an immigration officer. The officer (a gentleman) said I would have to give it at least 30 days but he searched for my name anyways and found no record. Please note, the first person I spoke with asked me where my case was filed and since I didn't know where the attorneys have filed, I told her I live in TX and she said they probably filed in TX. Not sure whether they may have filed somewhere else and whether the IO only looked up in the TX center..
Patience is virtue..

Stop posting -ve comments

The people in the forum has to think and post. When all the law firms and USCIS itself says that the application received on July 2nd and onwards are rejected, how can people make an assumption that the June cases are also rejected? Does anybody in the forum has a proof of rejection? Please DO NOT post these kind of message and create panic.

Guys,

I just saw some one entered his/her information on www.trackitt.com , from Nebraska Service center, whose Receipt Date is June 12th and Notice Date is July 03. As you already know, Nebraska is slow(very) in processing .

I am confident that the june cases will be processed , but the lag time for EAD & AP may take more than the normal time of 90 days.

I am guessing if more people enter their data in trackitt, it will provide legitimacy to the hypothesis that June filers are absolutely fine and will eliminate the unnecessary un ease.

Most of us know that USCIS has stopped accepting 485 applications because of too many filings than available visa numbers.

The truth is there is not one single shred of evidence to support what you are saying. They were flooded with new filings in June due to large June Bulletin VB movement. Add to this the massive approval drive and you can see they were busy. The fact is new receipt numbers are slowly trickling in.

If you have opinions, that's fine. State them as such. But kindly refrain from creating utterly unfounded panic that will alarm less savvy, more nervous readers. You will get your receipts. If there had been no statement to date then I might be less critical of your post. However, there HAS been a statement from the USCISand it indicates specifically how they are treating arriving applications. That statement is simple. THOSE APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON OR AFTER JULY 2nd WILL BE REJECTED. June is BEFORE July 2nd. So for now, unless we hear otherwise in the future, JUNE FILERS will NOT be impacted by the July bulletin. Yes, it may be slow. But as long as your application was properly filed, hang in there. On the otherhand, with less applications coming in, subsequent processing might even be slightly faster. It's not beyond the realm of possibility.

USCIS will probably return all the cases that have not been entered in the system.

Again, in my opinion, utter nonsense. Not a single person here or any other forum I have visited, has stated that their June filing was returned, unless it was due to a specific reason such as incorrect check amounts, or some otherwise incorrect filing.

For this forum to be useful, it helps if people stick to thread topics. It also helps if opinion is stated as opinion, rather than as fact. Here the topic is receipting and general June 1 filing progress. Making unfounded statements does nothing but fan the flames of unncessary stress for people who simply want to know if receipts are back yet.

I agree...they should have been more careful by not making dates current; it looked impossible to me when they did.

However, I do think that there is some silver lining in this; as lot of people who have been waiting for a long time got their AOS approved due to this. And I am sure they all deserve it.

Also, I agree that lawyers are just doing this for making more money...I would say try and stay out of this as your cases might be examined for even a iota of problem.

I can apply all the bad words that I know to lawyers as they have f*** me and lot of others here...:mad: :mad: :mad:

DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

This is very unfortunate and unlucky situation now. Most of us know that USCIS has stopped accepting 485 applications because of too many filings than available visa numbers. This was inevitable when suddenly they opened the flood gates based on ombudsman’s report. In this entire year, from Jan to May they haven’t moved much (May15, 2001) and suddenly in one month, dates forwarded to 2 years and again July bulletin made it current (4 years) . If they were so concerned about expiring visas then why they didn’t move the date earlier in the year.

Anyway, USCIS will probably return all July cases that have not been entered in the system (June filers should be fine). Because they are increasing the fees drastically (3 times of current fees) from July 30 and this will give them a reason to fetch more money from us. So if you have to file after July 30, you’ll be paying $1100 for 485 instead of $385.

Now AILF is also trying to sue immigration agencies and DOS because of these ha-voc predictions and suddenly stopping to accept applications. I’m not sure, how much concerned really they are with our situation or are they just taking advantage of the situation to earn more. Suing will not increase the visa numbers as it has to be passed by Congress. I’m afraid about making USCIS and DOS angry by suing. If they become, then they can do whatever they want to give us more pain.

What say?
I hope everyone gets out of this mess soon without sacrificing more on this.

But kindly refrain from creating utterly unfounded panic that will alarm less savvy, more nervous readers.

Again, in my opinion, utter nonsense. Not a single person here or any other forum I have visited, has stated that their June filing was returned, unless it was due to a specific reason such as incorrect check amounts, or some otherwise incorrect filing.

I clearly mentioned July filers. June filers are fine.

For this forum to be useful, it helps if people stick to thread topics. It also helps if opinion is stated as opinion, rather than as fact. Here the topic is receipting and general June 1 filing progress. Making unfounded statements does nothing but fan the flames of unncessary stress for people who simply want to know if receipts are back yet.

Topic says after June 1. July comes after June and it falls in that category. And everyone here shares their opinion and experiences. I don't think anybody in this forum can mention facts unless he/she is authorized (lawyers only) to, we can just share experiences.

I clearly mentioned July filers. June filers are fine.

Actually Bues22, your original posting didn't. But I appreciate that you susequently corrected it.

Your original text is quoted in my response and that is what my response was based on.

Now that it is corrected, I don't think we have a disagreement!

This entire week is long long weekend type, so we can not infer some conclusion, hopefully optimistic :eek:

I would be happy to be wrong, but it looks like that USCIS has stopped activities to process I-485.

I have checked this thread and several others and found that people did not report that their checks were upcashed and lawyers got receipts in July.
The last USCIS activity for I-485 I saw on June 29th.

Today is July 6th and all what I saw in July was: couple of FP appointments, AP approvals for cases which already got I-485 receipts.

Did they stop to issue process I-485 completely even those which were filed in June ?

Please tell me that I am wrong I do not want to be right in my guesses.

Count me in. Concurrently filed on 6/12/07.

----------------------------------
PD: May 2002/EB2/RIR
I-140/I-485: Filed on 6/12/07

USCIS Updates Receipting

07/06/2007: USCIS Updates Receipting Backlogs

The USCIS has just released Service Center Receipting Update. It appears that I-140 and I-485 are expected to continue experiencing receipting backlog until after August 1, 2007. The following reflects NSC and TSC compliance dates:
NSC Compliance Date:
I-131 EB 8/1/2007
I-140 EB 8/1/2007
I-485 8/1/2007
N-400 8/1/2007

TSC Compliance Date:
I-131 7/20/2007
I-140 7/13/2007
I-485 EB 7/20/2007
I-765 7/20/2007
N-400 7/27/2007

http://www.immigration-law.com

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes06Jul07.pdf

USCIS wishes to assure all customers that the original received date (the date which the document is date stamped) will be honored and recorded on the receipt notice. This date will appear in the "Received Date" box on Form I-797, Notice of Action. The received date is different from the "Notice Date", which also appears on Form I-797. The Notice Date is the date the receipt notice was actually generated.
– USCIS

Receipt #'s

My case:

EB3/India/PD 05-10-2002

140 Approved - April 2006 at VSC

485 Application received by VSC on 06/14/07 transfered to NSC. Receipt date by NSC: 07/03/07

FP on July 07, Saturday

Hi,

I did FP Code 3 on July 07 (Saturday). I did not get any LUD as a result of FP. Others who did FP the same day (July 7, Saturday), did you notice any LUD as a result of FP.

Thanks
Rahul

question to cornholio

My case:

EB3/India/PD 05-10-2002

140 Approved - April 2006 at VSC

485 Application received by VSC on 06/14/07 transfered to NSC. Receipt date by NSC: 07/03/07

Cornholio: In this case, since you got the received notice, is the Notice date 07/03/07, or is the receipt date 07/03/07?
Per the latest announcement from USCIS, they will honor the original received date. Hence, my question.
Thanks.

Cornholio: In this case, since you got the received notice, is the Notice date 07/03/07, or is the receipt date 07/03/07?
Per the latest announcement from USCIS, they will honor the original received date. Hence, my question.
Thanks.

Good question, It should be the ND, please confirm your RD :confused:

Good question, It should be the ND, please confirm your RD :confused:

Ok, so I am a bit confused as to what is what. So please help me out here.

My case was sent to VSC on 13 June 2007 and it reached VSC on the 14th. I know this because of the FedEx tracking number I had.

I am tracking my case with the LIN # I found on the back of my encashed checks on the USCIS website. The message is: "On July 3, 2007, we received this I485........This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location........."

My guess is the case got transfered from VSC to NSC on 3rd July, and that's what they are considering. Now is this the RD or ND?

Also, what happens to my 14th June date? Is that not considered because NSC didn't receive my case then?

Thanks.

I am very concerned!
My husbands checks (He is my derivative) got cashed first then mine, now he has his fp scheduled and I have not even receipt mine!!!!
His fp is june 12 , we mailed package on june 1st and no receipts or anything have arrived only his fp.... :(

Ok, so I am a bit confused as to what is what. So please help me out here.

My case was sent to VSC on 13 June 2007 and it reached VSC on the 14th. I know this because of the FedEx tracking number I had.

I am tracking my case with the LIN # I found on the back of my encashed checks on the USCIS website. The message is: "On July 3, 2007, we received this I485........This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location........."

My guess is the case got transfered from VSC to NSC on 3rd July, and that's what they are considering. Now is this the RD or ND?

Also, what happens to my 14th June date? Is that not considered because NSC didn't receive my case then?

Thanks.

OK 7/3 is your notice date. Once you get your receipts (I797), there will be a separate column for receipt date and probably that will be June 14 or 15.

My Case filed on 20th June at NSC

Have not received the Receipt yet

EB3/India/PD: 01/22/2002
I-485, I-131, I-765 filed 6/20/07