Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

Hindu Marriage

Hi Gurus,

The good news is that I received my greencard but my spouse and daughter did not receive it. Apparantly our marriage certificate was missing from the documents that we submitted. We substituted marriage card, photographs and our passport which states that we are husband/wife, but this was not enough proof. Now they want memorandum of marriage which we do not have since we did not register the marriage in India. (Hindu marriage). Can the good gurus please advice as to how to get out of this situation. All help will be highly appreciated, since we have just three weeks to reply.
Thanks in advance.

I think the best option for you at this point is to get the marriage certificate from the local authority ( panchayat / muncipality etc where the marriage was held ). You have to show proof ( wedding invitation, hindu marriage registration etc ) and register the marriage. Now the problem is that both the applicants need to sign the application to register the same. I think you better start the process immediately..

Ac21

PD: Feb 2003/EB3
RD:June 26, '07/NSC
ND:July 20, '07
FP:Aug 18, '07
EAD: Sep 20, '07
AP: LUD: Case pending.

I will complete my 180 days from the RD on Dec 23th.
1. Can I invoke AC21 before this date without an employment letter?
or
2. Do USCIS accept the employment letter from the new company dated prior to the 180th day? If so I could switch immediately upon completeing 180days.

Pls guide.

Thanks
GC Dreamer

Hi Gurus,

The good news is that I received my greencard but my spouse and daughter did not receive it. Apparantly our marriage certificate was missing from the documents that we submitted. We substituted marriage card, photographs and our passport which states that we are husband/wife, but this was not enough proof. Now they want memorandum of marriage which we do not have since we did not register the marriage in India. (Hindu marriage). Can the good gurus please advice as to how to get out of this situation. All help will be highly appreciated, since we have just three weeks to reply.
Thanks in advance.

Please see if this helps (skip the birth certificate section, and check out the marriage affidavit section):
http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/jh/memos/6901.pdf

What is Ac21?

PD: Feb 2003/EB3
RD:June 26, '07/NSC
ND:July 20, '07
FP:Aug 18, '07
EAD: Sep 20, '07
AP: LUD: Case pending.

I will complete my 180 days from the RD on Dec 23th.
1. Can I invoke AC21 before this date without an employment letter?
or
2. Do USCIS accept the employment letter from the new company dated prior to the 180th day? If so I could switch immediately upon completeing 180days.

Pls guide.

Thanks
GC Dreamer

I think the best option for you at this point is to get the marriage certificate from the local authority ( panchayat / muncipality etc where the marriage was held ). You have to show proof ( wedding invitation, hindu marriage registration etc ) and register the marriage. Now the problem is that both the applicants need to sign the application to register the same. I think you better start the process immediately..

Thanks Gurus for all your help.
I went to the Indian Consulate and got the marriage certificate. I am now writing a letter stating that the marriage was verified in India by the Passport people before issuing the same. Also attached to this is the marriage certificate issued from the consulate. Since we had sent a copy of the marriage photos which had not come clearly we are now submitting the originals.
Question : Do your think this is sufficient or should I get more involved in this issue. Since the bottom line is that they want proof of marriage and since the marriage certificate is now there from the Indian Consulate.
Please help. I am completely stressed out now.

I-131 Approved

Time Line EB3

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
EAD Approved 10/22/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
I-131 Approved on November ,2ND,2007

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the chances that I'll get my GC in the next year with a PD of Oct 2001? In EB3 India category.
When should I call an info officer to see if I have cleared namecheck. Any info or ideas will be appreciated. Thank you.
Details in signature.

NO LUD for FP and Infopass

I took an infopass appointment to inquire about the LUD situation after FP ( NO LUD ). The IO at the local office told me that my 485 records are updated with the details of FP. This confirms that the online info displayed is not current for TSC.

Name Check

What are the chances that I'll get my GC in the next year with a PD of Oct 2001? In EB3 India category.
When should I call an info officer to see if I have cleared namecheck. Any info or ideas will be appreciated. Thank you.
Details in signature.

Name check is the biggest hurdle for you at this point. It may get cleared this month or next year ( not to scare you but I have friends who are stuck for 3 yrs ). All in all it is like California Earth Quake.. it can happen anytime :(.. Take an infopass and talk to an IO.. Hope you will be in clear soon ;)

Name check is the biggest hurdle for you at this point. It may get cleared this month or next year ( not to scare you but I have friends who are stuck for 3 yrs ). All in all it is like California Earth Quake.. it can happen anytime :(.. Take an infopass and talk to an IO.. Hope you will be in clear soon ;)

Thanks 007. How does one go about getting an infopass and talking to an officer. Do I have to go to the local office where i had my FP done?

Same boat

Details in signature.

I am also waiting with PD of Aug 2001. Hopefully we will see within 6 months( just my guess)

I am also waiting with PD of Aug 2001. Hopefully we will see within 6 months( just my guess)

Hi India082001. Our dates are very similar. Do you know whether you have cleared namecheck? I check the trackitt site and have noticed theres very few EB3s being issued. There are quite a few 2001 folks registered there. Will let you know if i get any LUD's on my 485. We can only hope. Have come this far hoping.

I have 2 485's pending (one as principal applicant and one where my wife is the principal). I got AP thru my wife's application. Would the 485 as me principal go void if I use that AP??? Or Is it better that I get an AP via my 485 application?

Please let me know what you guys think?
Thanks
spdal

Name check cleared

Just talked to the IO on 1-800-XXX number.The lady was very nice and told me that my name check is cleared. :) She informed that they are working on applications received in December now.
She declined to give any details for my wife (as she was not present).
She also told me that there is no security check required for my kids.

Does that mean next step is I-485 approval? Can there still be RFEs? I have seen some of the EB3s getting approved even if the dates are not current???????:confused: