Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

LUDs on I485?

Hello people,
Now a days its very rare to see LUDs on I485s (For 2003 and 2004 PDs). The last update on my 485 is on 08/08/2007 and i'm not sure if i see one in the near future.

As someone said, "How much of human life is lost in waiting"?

~~ Thanks ~~
PD: March, 2004 (EB2/RIR)
I485 Applied: 06/05/2007
RD: 06/18/2007
ND: 07/03/2007
FP Done: 07/24/2007
AP received: 09/17/2007
EAD received: 09/24/2007
I140: Approved in 2006, but LUD on 11/19/2007
I485 received: NO
I485 LUD: 08/08/2007 (Notice says, case transfered from Lincoln, NE to Omaha, NE Local office for faster processing, i am not sure what they meant by 'faster', case is just sitting there)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now a days its very rare to see LUDs on I485s (For 2003 and 2004 PDs). The last update on my 485 is on 08/08/2007 and i'm not sure if i see one in the near future.

RAM4GC,

I too have an LUD on my 485 back in August but nothing after that. There is nothing "fast" when it comes to the GC process if you are in the EB2 or EB3 India/China bucket. Honestly, it makes me feel sick but I have decided to endure the agonizing wait. Hopefully, all this wait will be well worth the trouble in the long run for all of us.

Nidday

You might be very close to your approval. Good luck !!!
Considering the current processing quagmire we all are in and also that my priority date is not current, I think it will be too optimistic on my part to assume being close to approval. Thanks for your encouragement though. I wish you all the best too.

What does this mean?

Gurus,
What does the below message mean? Does it mean that my AP is approved or does it mean an RFE?

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN07XXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On December 20, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

India is changing

It is good to hear such nice stories about growing India as if it is touching the heart. India is emerging as joint in development of bridges and roads but nothing changed in training and improving the civic system. In 60 years of Independence polity never changed. Govt. encourages reservations in all fields to garner votes. Reservations prevent high Grade earners to come forward to show their talent but it helps low Graders to ultimately occupy all the prized seats. Intellectuals leave the country because there are head hunters in search for them in developed countries .In today's world youngsters do not wait and grab first opportunity preferring abroad whereas Government jobs are only for associates of politicians in India.It is not important to be intelligent but it is important to be a schedule caste .Doctors protest and Government beat them. We see them literally bleeding and we see blinds being beaten on the roads by police. There is no system to obtain a driving license that is why accidental deaths are highest in India if compared to the world.It is normal to kidnap people and cell their body organs. There is no property Title protection even one can own Government land live life on the property by litigating all life.India could not measure land in 60 years and Google Earth can take you to tour vital Government's prohibited places in one second. Immigration officers remove pages of visas of visitors to sell for thousands of Dollars. India where man and women cannot go to park together and sit because police imagines it as a sexual act. There are no hospitals and the one they have are in pathetic condition.There is no electricity and water to drink except in some metro cities. The school buildings are shacks.Wheat is being imported at higher rates and farmers are committing suicide in India. India is a pioneer of IT technology and non of the Government Web site is updated or has full information about their department. India will be Great not by making bridges and High rise buildings but by changing the CIVIC SYSTEM.
Is India going to change it's system ?I just expressed my dream India.
Thanks

Changing jobs

Hi Gurus,

I was wondering if it was possible to change a job after filing 485. It is almost six months since I have filed 485 and have already received my EAD and AP.

Do I have to file for a new 485 application if I take up a new job?

It means precisely that! The travel document (AP) has been mailed to you after approval of your I-131.

Gurus,
What does the below message mean? Does it mean that my AP is approved or does it mean an RFE?

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN07XXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On December 20, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Sorry GCOnly

I didnt notice that this status msg for your AP. I thought it was for 485. This status for AP indicates that you are going get the travel document soon.

Good Luck,

Now i don't need to collect money to buy a ticket. being in this palce for more than half of my life i can afford to buy one. Plus you seem to be offended by my comment. did you apply under 245? May be because of that.

If you have applied with a degree in hand you would understand how it feels when you play by the rules and get pushed back all the time and ppl like you who cross the border and get favorable call by Presidents before they leave the office and apply for the green card.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Favorable call by Presidents? Crossing borders? Applying under 245? Dude where did you get this nonsense?

I am simply pointing out that all this talk of your mother India calling is vacuous unless you plan on acting on it. And I don't beleive for a minute that you believe it yourself or you would go. All it does is contribute a negative attitude.

And I do in fact understand how it feels to wait. And I do have a degree. I have been here, in line, for many years and I continue to be in line. My point is simple. If you keep hearing mother india calling, answer. If you don't then I wish you the best of luck in a speedy greencard.

Last edited by a moderator:
My two cents...

It is good to hear such nice stories about growing India as if it is touching the heart. India is emerging as joint in development of bridges and roads but nothing changed in training and improving the civic system. In 60 years of Independence polity never changed. Govt. encourages reservations in all fields to garner votes. Reservations prevent high Grade earners to come forward to show their talent but it helps low Graders to ultimately occupy all the prized seats. Intellectuals leave the country because there are head hunters in search for them in developed countries .In today's world youngsters do not wait and grab first opportunity preferring abroad whereas Government jobs are only for associates of politicians in India.It is not important to be intelligent but it is important to be a schedule caste .Doctors protest and Government beat them. We see them literally bleeding and we see blinds being beaten on the roads by police. There is no system to obtain a driving license that is why accidental deaths are highest in India if compared to the world.It is normal to kidnap people and cell their body organs. There is no property Title protection even one can own Government land live life on the property by litigating all life.India could not measure land in 60 years and Google Earth can take you to tour vital Government's prohibited places in one second. Immigration officers remove pages of visas of visitors to sell for thousands of Dollars. India where man and women cannot go to park together and sit because police imagines it as a sexual act. There are no hospitals and the one they have are in pathetic condition.There is no electricity and water to drink except in some metro cities. The school buildings are shacks.Wheat is being imported at higher rates and farmers are committing suicide in India. India is a pioneer of IT technology and non of the Government Web site is updated or has full information about their department. India will be Great not by making bridges and High rise buildings but by changing the CIVIC SYSTEM.
Is India going to change it's system ?I just expressed my dream India.
Thanks

My two cents….

On a positive note, in many ways, we are better than many countries in the world but not the best. If you closely look at our history, our adjustment mentality, our nature or what ever you call, we always prefer to follow or work for somebody. That’s why we are officially called here as 'labor' and we never mind being called with that name.

We always try hard to improve ourselves as individuals but not as nation. Unfortunately, we don't have such leaders who can do that with force. For example, hundreds of thousands of people are working in Indian IT sector. How many of those hi-tech projects are developed for Indian businesses or countries infrastructure development?

When was the last time you proudly mentioned at least two things to a common foreigner about an “Indian brand”? What ever you see today as "India Changing" is because of the unexpected opportunities created by rest of the world to India but not created on our own. Imagine the future if someone else grabbed all those opportunities?

We can have very big dreams and we work hard too, but in reality we have to live with what we are offered, for example, current GC processing system.

Happy holidays.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not offended by your comments. I am simply pointing out that all this talk of your mother India calling is vacuous and I don't beleive for a minute that you believe it or you would go. I do in fact understand how it feels to wait. And I do have a degree. I have been here, in line, for 8 years (not 1 but 2 tries) and I continue to be in line. Nor did I apply under 245. My point is simple. If you keep hearing mother india calling, answer. If you don't then I wish you the best of luck in a speedy greencard.

Agree, very simple answer, STAY or GO.

Hi Gurus,

I was wondering if it was possible to change a job after filing 485. It is almost six months since I have filed 485 and have already received my EAD and AP.

Do I have to file for a new 485 application if I take up a new job?

If you have an approved I-140, you are eligible to change to a similar position anywhere in the US after 180 days. However, please make sure it's secure. You don't need to start a new 485 but the new employer must submit a letter that states they are your new sponsors and intend to employ you when you are granted your greencard.

Do research on AC21 Portability. You will find a wealth of information on this specific topic.

Good luck to you.

Sorry GCOnly

I didnt notice that this status msg for your AP. I thought it was for 485. This status for AP indicates that you are going get the travel document soon.

Good Luck,
It's OK. I was just wondering because the message should say something like "Approval Notice sent" or something to that effect. I was a little worried if it's an RFE.

GOT LUD on I-140. Any chances of getting 485 Approved?????

EB2 - India RIR
PD:02-23-2003
I-140:12/22/2007
485/131:Applied on 06/19/2007
Name checked cleared on : 12/07/2007

How do you know your name check cleared?

Did you call INS. How do you know your name check cleared?

GOT LUD on I-140. Any chances of getting 485 Approved?????

EB2 - India RIR
PD:02-23-2003
I-140:12/22/2007
485/131:Applied on 06/19/2007
Name checked cleared on : 12/07/2007

LuD on 140

Folks,
I have seen a LUD on my another (2nd) 140 on 12/22/07 which was actually approved in Sept 2005. So, there is a LUD on my both approved 140's. Is this a random update or do you think there is some meaning to it.

Good Luck to everyone of you.