Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

Sudhir ...thanks

My brother is a contractor and have lotta political approach.
So he has given a application in local DM ( Disrict Manager)
office, by depositing some amount of fee and then he used his
contacts to make application run fast. From DM office it goes
to police dept so he asked clerk to send it soon and as it reached
there again he somehow managed to get clrearance from police dept.
Once that is done it goies to LIU ( local passport police enquiry)
so again he went after that and once they have given clearance
then again it comes to DM office and they Issue character certificate.

As he told me, on the basis of that character certificate , police dept issues PCC.
That\'s all I know.

Hey man. If only all relatives of ours were as resourceful as your brother. We would all be happy an

How long did the whole process take? Is it a standard application or did he just write it on a piece of paper? Can you post the format of the PCC if available. Thanks.

Did not they ask for The original passport ....

As per the forms of Miscellaneos services ..original passport is reqd...so how come they issued without it ......

well if u go in person

comsulate accepts the photocopies after verifying the original passport... again if u g in person to collect the PCC, one needs original passport along wiht it...
the truth is that if u call them on phone, they\'ll never tell u that they accept photocopies..the whole damn thing is typical babugiri..
BTW all the above applies to indian consulate in NY - my personal experonce :(

Harry001 is correct.

Even DC they dont ask to submit original passport.

chuck "February New Delhi Interview Thread/ Tracker" 12/7/01 3:47pm

No Title

Sudhir I guess , it need proper follow-up and little resource
to get it in couple of days. I guess normally it take 1 month.

I know that in DC they dont take the passport but in

India I cannont show them the original Passport copy while I am here

duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh

Spoke to Delhi Embassy last night.

The lady says that they are putting information in the P4 regarding getting the PCC from India. She said that the info in P4 will help us in getting the PCC\'s. When I asked her the details, she said wait for the P4 then you will know.

I also told her that a lot of people have approached the police station and passport office and they have been told that we cannot get PCC issued since we are living in USA. To thuis she said that the info in p4 will help us getting the PCC from India.
She sounded as if they have worked out a way with the local resources to issue the PCC\'s at short notice with the P4 info. So guys the sooner one of us gets the P4, the better we can plan for it.

Delhi interview dates not out yet. My P3 in system on NOv 9th.

All having Delhi Jan 2002 interviews

As soon as anyone gets a interview date. Plan to get the P4 collected by hand at the embassy at the earliest. Please post details on the forum ASAP. So we can get a first hand look at the PCC requirements and plan future action accordingly. Thanks and hold in there....

JUST FYI..............

Hi Sudhir & other friends,

I called delhi embassy last night to check with interview date.
The lady picked up and she has no idea about Jan dates. She was
saying that you will come to know about the dates in Jan it self,
which does not make any sense to me atleast. All of her answers was just to get rid of with a call. So point here is, dont beleive on her words too much. Because I dont think she has enough right information.
So be continue with you efforts to get PCC rather than waiting for
P4.
Did any one of you called embassy regarding interview date ? Please
update all of us.
bye for now.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PCC not required !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had asked my parents to go to the US embasy and ask from the enquiry Window out there about PCC.

First of all there is no notice out there on any window which says PCC is required and as per the enquiry person on the window if one is staying in US then they have to get the PCC from USA only and not from India. The enquiry person at the window was not sure whether or not PCC would be required for Jan 2002 or not

Seems the PCC is a big mess and nobody knows as whether it is required or not

Yes, I called last night.

Say my interview will be end of Jan or 1st week of Feb. My P3 in system on Nov 9th.

Same response regarding P4. They are adding noew form/info in P4 for PCC requirements.

Yes ...I called ..They had no info at the moment but

told me to expect at Feb inteview....My packet 3 was registered in their system on 11/11.

latest into:IV interview dates at delhi

Hi guys,

I had sent my packet three on 24th oct. it reached embassy on 30th oct.

it was logged in system on 10th nov.

and after that my family has visited embassy twice and both the time they told that my intreview is preety much sure to be in before 10th of jan most probabably in first week!

but when my family went to get the interview letter yeaterday. they were told that intervire dat is not final and it can be any time in jan or even feb?????

Please help. what action can we take? as I have already done all my flight booking, vaaction planning etc. and even my wife is already in India> now this fuss???

Thanks..Dil

djsr73 . Guess you have been misinformed.My P3 is in system on Nov 9th

and they have been telling me interview in Jan/Feb. Now they are telling me Jan end or Feb 1st week. Guess this is because of the holidays.