Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

Company name change

My company has changed its name after I140 approval, I plan to go for CP interview. If there any especial document that I should take with me...

Thanks in advance

I also called up the embassy yesterday

It seems the lady yesterday was clueless about the dates, she told me to call in Jan for the January dates...

Sudhir, did you also find out whether PCC from the Indian consulate in US is sufficient or not. I mean, did you tell the Delhi embassy person that you got a PCC from the consulate here.
Still not sure whether we really need a PCC from the local police station as well, at least my lawyers say that just one PCC should be fine.

there is always company name change letter....

Please take copy of company name change letter. This is a letter which company submit to federal govt for name change. I guess it
should not be problem, as corporate-id remain same in case of name
change.

cp_waiter1

US PCC will not do. They are posting the new PCC requirements in the P4. Need to get PCC from local police station and passport office. No way out.

The exact details we will come to know as soon as someone gets P4 for Jan interview.

Patience is the key ......

You can try to pre-pone an interview once You have a interview date.

They can do it ...

POE

I am also expecting interview in Jan-02/mid. Does anybody know about POE details? After CP is done, can I enter to US thro\' any place as per my convenience or I need to enter thro\' port for which my labour is cleared.

CP\'ers who have got their Passports renewed in US.

I dont think the passport office in India will issue us the PCC\'s. They will ask us to get it from the place of
   issue i.e. US.
   SO the PCC issued here might just work. What do u think?

Re: Sudhir that\'s neat.

> I dont think the passport office in India will issue us the PCC\'s. They will ask us to get it from the place of
   issue i.e. US.
   SO the PCC issued here might just work. What do u think?

I wonder what the consulate guys will have to say to this? Your regional passport office is the US consulate. I think this whole drama is going to end in "CP\'ers coming from abroad, PCC from consulate is just fine".

Sudhir please help.

Hi sudhir and friends,

Though I got PCC from my local police (my home town) but as I dont
have any kinda police clearance from the city where I did BE. So I
just want to cover the risk by taking PCC from consulate office too.

So can you please tell me , what all papers I need to submit with
my misc application ?

I could not understand following things in misc form.

#1)
Resident Alien Temporary Resident/Employment Authorization Card No.---------------
#2) In requirement section:
Police Clearance Certificate: One Photograph, Personal Particulars Proforma (3 copies) in case the passport has been issued by any office
other than CGI, San Francisco.

So what are these Personal Particulars Proforma papers ??

So if anyone can help.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can u tray to call CGI, SF

we\'ve spoken to CGNY..i dunno if u can get their # and call them up..
#1)
u don;t need it, send copies of all ur H1 (tp prove u r not of status)
 so if ur H1 has expired and u havn\'t got the new one stamped, send the H1 approval copy or receipt of H1 Extension filed
#2)
at CGNY they only asked for on photograph to be pasted on the Misc form...
Hope it helps..Good Luck

Please double check on photos

indian embassy in SFO asked for 2 photos per application so just take an extra one in case these stupid fellas ask for it...

delhi interview dates are out!

guys,

when my parents went to embasy in delhi on10th they were told to expect a interview date in feb.

and now i asked them to call back again and find out the PCC requiremnt. they were told that my interview ate is 15th Jan.

and they did not elaborated on PCC. just siad we need two PCC:
1. one from local passport authorities and anther from local police station.

and siad the exact detail will be know once you rcive the packet4. My aprents said whencan they come and pick it up.

they said.

thye are sending all P4 by mail today. and willstart giving P4 copies locally by next eek.
so guys wait till next week to know exactly what they are saying?
but then how il we get it in time.

like my interview is on 15th Jan 2002. and my wife ha already left for India last week.???

anyone n sm boat as me?? and how ar you delaing with this guys??

please write back..and feel free to call me if also to discuss the matter: @ 517 402 3505.

Thanks..Dil

delhi interview dates are out!

guys,

When my parents went to embasy in delhi on10th they were told to expect a interview date in feb.

And now I asked them to call back again and find out the PCC requirement on 11th. They were told that my interview date is 15th Jan.

and they did not elaborated on PCC. just said we need two PCC:
1. one from local passport authorities and anther from local police station.

and said the exact detail will be know once you receive the packet4. My parents said when can they come and pick it up.

They said.

They are sending all P4 by mail today. and will start giving P4 copies locally by next eek.
so guys wait till next week to know exactly what they are saying?
but then how il we get it in time.

like my interview is on 15th Jan 2002. and my wife ha already left for India last week.???

anyone in same boat as me?? and how are you dealing with this guys??

please write back..and feel free to call me if also to discuss the matter: @ 517 402 3505.

Thanks..Dil

Pl. explain !!

hi guys,
From what i knew earlier, delhi was not doing CP at all, only attorney certified CP.
My I140 has been approved long back and i applied for I485 in 1999. Still haven\'t heard anything from the INS.
Can i apply for Cp in India? What all forms do i need to mail them?
Pl. help me so i can speak to my lawyers ASAP.What is AC140? thx a bunch.