Landing Process and Necessary Info

SIN E-services

dear all;
I have applied for the SIN card in Toronto a week ago, now I am in Montreal and I would like my SIN card to be sent to my new address in Montreal. Is there a website e-services through which I can notify them with my new address.
Thank you for your help

Hi surf_smarter,

Sorry I haven't check this forum for a while.

I am from China.

Yes, I was out of US just one day(<30 days) and come back to US in my valid I-94 and H1 approval notice. I don't think POE office even checked any other pages(especially the page with Canadian imm stamp), and I don't think he cared when I left US. So now in my passport, there is only stamp from Canada side saying when I entered Canada. There is nothing showing when I left Canada and entered US.

However, I suggest you don't take any risk to break the 30 days rule. You may enter US without any problem, but may cause trouble later.

30 days rule says your can only go to Canada, mexico and another one(forgot) within 30 days. If you leave these countries, the 30 days rule will be void.

check travel.state.gov under visa for the details of rule or call 202-647-4000(visa dept, dept of state) to ask.

Hope it helps.

sapota1 said:
Its upto the discretion of the officer assesing your case. But if you want to be certain to get the points, a test is recommended. A cover letter with your application explaining why you claim exemption from the test( say with old TOEFL test scores as proof etc) wouldnt hurt either.

Will two years work exp as graduate assistant at grad school during MS degree count towards getting 21 pts? will this be counted as 2 years or 1 year since working only 20hr/week?
what documents do you need to submit to prove your work exp? (just W2 and tax returns or employment letter as well?)

tusharvk said:
Will two years work exp as graduate assistant at grad school during MS degree count towards getting 21 pts? will this be counted as 2 years or 1 year since working only 20hr/week?
what documents do you need to submit to prove your work exp? (just W2 and tax returns or employment letter as well?)

I did list my graduate assistantship as work exp too. I had 2.5 yrs of full time work exp + 2 yrs grad assistant. I got 19 point(found through CAIPS notes). So I am assuming that they didnt count the 2yrs grad assistant as full time.

They do ask for employment letters along with other tax documents.

sapota1 said:
I did list my graduate assistantship as work exp too. I had 2.5 yrs of full time work exp + 2 yrs grad assistant. I got 19 point(found through CAIPS notes). So I am assuming that they didnt count the 2yrs grad assistant as full time.

They do ask for employment letters along with other tax documents.

thanks for the response. have you gone through an attorney or on your own? it seems that this site is a very good resource for this issue ( Iam sure there would be other sites). does it make sense to use an attorney for this purpose?

Total score=68 (70 if they consider grad asst exp).

what is the $ amount that one has to commit to during the app process (non-ref fee, med exam, and the other formalities)?

Hi,

Would somebody please list the list of documents needed for landing(according to the latest regulation) apart from landing paper and immigrant visa.

Should I submit there the certifed copy of experience and education during landing.

Is goods to followlist given in EXCEL sheet is enough or I need to fill the form there mentioning all the goods to follow.

Thanks in advance.

Arun

To tusharvk

I went through the canadian immigration myself. The process was very straightforward only that its difficult to communicate with CIC. I am not sure if choosing an attorney would make that any different. But if everything goes normal, it should be fine. Since the pass mark is 67, it should be fine. If you go to www.cic.gc.ca it has all the forms and the necessary info about fees and all that.

H1 Stamping & PR CArd

Hi All-

I recently got a reqest from the candian embassy in USA to submit my passport to submit my passport for Visa and I believe I will be getting my landing papers also when the passport is sent back. My questions are as follows:
1) I am planning to go to Tornto with my landing papers. Will I get my PR card on the airport or do I need to give a candian address or can I give my USA address?
2) I plan to get my H1 stamped (first time) and return within a few days to USA. Do you think I will need to show availaible funds to Canadaian officer at the airport
Please let me know If I am missing something

Thanks

Raj

To LalaBihari

1. You will need to give a Canadian address to receive your PR cards in about a month time of your landing.

2. You will need to show proof of funds while landing.

sapota1 said:
1. You will need to give a Canadian address to receive your PR cards in about a month time of your landing.

2. You will need to show proof of funds while landing.

Hi Sapota1,

Where can I get the Goods to follow list form ?

Thanks
Arun

To arungc

You will find the goods to follow form attached in one of the posts here. Its either buffalo tracker or landing process thread. If you read the last 4-6 months posts, you should find them. Also try searching for them in the cic website. That also has the forms.

sapota1 said:
You will find the goods to follow form attached in one of the posts here. Its either buffalo tracker or landing process thread. If you read the last 4-6 months posts, you should find them. Also try searching for them in the cic website. That also has the forms.
Thanks sapota.

Arun

Police clearance from India

sapota1 said:
I went through the canadian immigration myself. The process was very straightforward only that its difficult to communicate with CIC. I am not sure if choosing an attorney would make that any different. But if everything goes normal, it should be fine. Since the pass mark is 67, it should be fine. If you go to www.cic.gc.ca it has all the forms and the necessary info about fees and all that.

Thank you very much. I recently d\loaded the forms. now they seem to be asking all police clearance certificates along with the application.
In the brochure they have mentioned the procedure for obtaining such certificate from this country.
How to get it from India? can it be done in Indian consulate in the US? anybody has done it and knows how much time it takes.

Need help with landing in Toronto

Hello guys,

I am planning to land in Toronto next week for my PR. I plan to reach Toronto in the morning and return the same evening. The PR form asks for work/education/absence details. Since I am working in US, what information should I provide for these?

Also, the PR form needs a guarantor or it has to be notarized. What are your experiences with that one?

Do I need to carry a money order in favour of myself? Are there any tax implications regarding carrying a money order for $10,000?

We also need to fill in the supplementary form. It should not be downloaded from the website. Would they provide this form at the airport?

My flight is landing at 7:15 am in Toronto. When does the immigration office at the Toronto airport open ?

Thank you.

To Pramod

For 1st time landing, to get PR you dont need to fill out the PR card application. When you land, it automatically is sent to the Canadian address you list while landing.

This is as far as I think. Double check it though.

pramodkunju said:
How about the funds part?

Take slightly less than $10,000. I think 10,000 triggers something. So what I did was actually carry cashiers check less than CDN$10,000 which will be even lesser in US$. Again they didnt look at the actual check, just listed what I said. When I called an immigration post at the border, they said that even statements should be fine.

sapota1 said:
Take slightly less than $10,000. I think 10,000 triggers something. So what I did was actually carry cashiers check less than CDN$10,000 which will be even lesser in US$. Again they didnt look at the actual check, just listed what I said. When I called an immigration post at the border, they said that even statements should be fine.
Hi Sapota1,

I want to land in canada and come back to US.

Should I open bank account in canada for any reason ?

Thanks
Arun

metaman said:
I took more than 10,000. You need to declare that to US customs. Its simple.
Hi Metaman,

Because of $10,000 limit, Is it ok, if I split the amount limit and get the cashier check partially in my name and cashier check remaining in my wife name ?

Do they ask, principal applicant should have all the amount because he is financially responsible ?

Please advice.

Thanks
Arun