Landing Process and Necessary Info

you can be in h1 status when you file foe canadian pr

you should have been in usa for at least 1 year
so that you canb file in buffalo otherwise your native country

american h1/gc have nohing to do with canadian pr

Questions Questions Questions..

Hi,

I am planning to land through Detroit by car and come back the same day. I don't have a visa stamp on my passport, does the 30 days re-entry rule still apply? Do you HAVE TO go to Toronto to get my visa stamped? I entered US several years ago on F1, and later changed to H1. I have the INS approval notice, but no visa stamps on my passport.

Need reply ASAP. Urgent!

Thanks a lot.

Getting visa and landing possible buffalo/toranto

Getting visa and landing possible buffalo/toranto
Hi All,

I got my passport request today for canada visa. My medicals will be expiring on the 25th of february. So here is something that I am thinking of doing.

I am planning to fly to buffalo on a wednesday evening//

Get our passports stamped on the next day (thursday)//

do the landing on the thursday by driving through niagara/buffalo xing to toranto. stay overnight.

And comeback to buffalo on friday and fly away to SFO.

Is this doable? Has any one had similar experiences...

Is there anything that I need to watchout for? I will be travelling with my wife and 9yr old kid.

I will make up a goods to follow list and I will make up a check for the funds.

I am posting this here as well because I think some of you may have an idea...
Thank you all

vasu

Hi Wait0ng forever,

Where are you going to get your pp stamped? buffalo? I thought you need go to US consular in Canada to stamp PP. and also, which status are you on now? H1 or others? Thanks

tscgc2004 said:
Hi Wait0ng forever,

Where are you going to get your pp stamped? buffalo? I thought you need go to US consular in Canada to stamp PP. and also, which status are you on now? H1 or others? Thanks

I think there is bit of confusion here.... I want to get canadian visa stamped at Buffalo and go do landing in canada....

I have AP to come back o USA.

Thank you

bhand11683 said:
u do not need a cdn visa if you are landing in Canada as a PR
That is correct. They will issue you a temp visa that will allow you to land. Why else do you think they asked for your passports ? (PPR )

AP To enter

waiting_forever,

I am also planning to go canada for PR and come back on AP. Please share your experience with me when you back to USA.

Thanks,

waiting_forever said:
I think there is bit of confusion here.... I want to get canadian visa stamped at Buffalo and go do landing in canada....

I have AP to come back o USA.

Thank you

Hi All,

After landing, I want to do revalidation also for me and for my wife who is a dependent.

(1) Should I get two separate appointments, one for me and one for my wife ?

(2) The visa application package includes the visa application forms, an information sheet, and a pre-coded deposit slip for the non-refundable USD$100 processing fee. The fee must be paid at any branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia (ScotiaBank) located in the province of Ontario before coming to the Consulate.

I saw this (2) point in toronto US consulate website. Is this applicable to other US consulates also in Canada to deposit $100 in scotia bank ?

I really appreciate your help in this.

Thanks
Arun

qualifying points

vadak said:
it takes 12/15 months these days to get the canadian pr
Do you need to have 67 points to qualify for PR?
A typical Indian citizen with no IT experience (but with MS from US and non-IT work exp in US) will qualify?
Points for age = 10; points for MS = 20; work exp = 21; and fluent read,write, speak english = 12;
total points = 63.
Obviously short of qualifying points. Am I missing something or knowledge of french is necessary to boost the score upto 70 (read,write french=8 points).

tusharvk,
points for MS =25 not 20

tusharvk said:
Do you need to have 67 points to qualify for PR?
A typical Indian citizen with no IT experience (but with MS from US and non-IT work exp in US) will qualify?
Points for age = 10; points for MS = 20; work exp = 21; and fluent read,write, speak english = 12;
total points = 63.
Obviously short of qualifying points. Am I missing something or knowledge of french is necessary to boost the score upto 70 (read,write french=8 points).

uludom said:
tusharvk,
points for MS =25 not 20
thanks. that puts the total to 68. is this on borderline or qualified. is the visa officer at the time of interview going to make a decision based on this quantative info or it is pretty much at the officer's discretion?

tusharvk said:
thanks. that puts the total to 68. is this on borderline or qualified. is the visa officer at the time of interview going to make a decision based on this quantative info or it is pretty much at the officer's discretion?

The maximum points for english is 16. If they are proven that they generally award 16 points for english.

sapota1 said:
The maximum points for english is 16. If they are proven that they generally award 16 points for english.

how is this proven? is residing and attending US school considered enough proof?
how many points for fluent speak,read,write french?if it is 8, how is the 8 distributed amongst read,write,speak?

tusharvk said:
how is this proven? is residing and attending US school considered enough proof?
how many points for fluent speak,read,write french?if it is 8, how is the 8 distributed amongst read,write,speak?

Its upto the discretion of the officer assesing your case. But if you want to be certain to get the points, a test is recommended. A cover letter with your application explaining why you claim exemption from the test( say with old TOEFL test scores as proof etc) wouldnt hurt either.

landed and come back US in H1

I have benefited so much from this forum. It's now my turn to share my landing experience. hope it will be helpful for someone.

I am currently in H1. my US GC is still pending. I have AP, but never used it and don't want to use it either.

I landed from Rainbow bridge about 9:00Am on Feb 12. Officer there is so nice. He asked no question at all. Just checked all documents and stamped our passports.

came back to US, Rainbow bridge. Border office is kind inparient but nice. he just checked my valid I-94 card and H1 approval notice and let me go. I even didn't need to get out of car.

I was so worried that landinf Canada will have negative impact on my uS GC. But it looks like that is not an issue at all. Ask me details if you need this kind of info.

Thanks so much for all who are kind to post their landing experience that made me decide to land from Rainbow brisge.

tscgc2004

Which country are you from? (I am from Pakistan) So if i understand you correctly you went to canada got your paperwork done and came back within 30 days without H1 visa stamp? I read someone say in this forum that you must get your visa stamped to return back to USA. Can you please clarify this?

If you can return without visa stamp then can you also vist your country from canada and return to canada within 30 days and then come back to USA from canada? Sounds like a loophole in the system if possible.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

I do not believe such a loophole exists. you may not visit your country via canada. if you do this the 30day rule will not work. at POE into US, they can figure this out from the stamps (indicating your visits to your country) in your passport.

surf_smarter said:
Which country are you from? (I am from Pakistan) So if i understand you correctly you went to canada got your paperwork done and came back within 30 days without H1 visa stamp? I read someone say in this forum that you must get your visa stamped to return back to USA. Can you please clarify this?

If you can return without visa stamp then can you also vist your country from canada and return to canada within 30 days and then come back to USA from canada? Sounds like a loophole in the system if possible.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance