Landing Process and Necessary Info

srini88

Thankyou. I got Visa appointment on May 17th.

It looks like I have to stay for 3 more working days to get my passport.

I will check the landing guide.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Return to Canada

My family is planning to complete our landing process in July. We are going to drive to Canada. I will have to come back to US for personal business in two weeks and drive back to Canada the same day.
My question is:
Do I need to apply for a travel document to be able to drive back to Canada ?

Thanks!

Flying to Ottawa end of April....

I had 2 questions..

1. Can we use cashier's cheques ?

2. Can we give an address in Toronto for the PR card saying that we have friends there even though we are landing in Ottawa....(We are going to Ottawa coz we have an appointment at the US embassy in Ottawa for H-1/H-4 stamping)

Thanks,
Bitspen.

1. Can we use cashier's cheques ?

- FOR WHAT ????? SHOWING FUDS - YES

2. Can we give an address in Toronto for the PR card saying that we have friends there even though we are landing in Ottawa....(We are going to Ottawa coz we have an appointment at the US embassy in Ottawa for H-1/H-4 stamping)

- Should be fine. If someone asks tell them I wanted to see the capital of my new country first. :)

Srini88

Can you please attach the link for the landing process, I couldn't able to find on the site.

Thanks,

sunven

I am attaching a document prepared by another member "Tanvis" which you can find at the start of this thread. Also search through this thread and you will see numerous posts on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

My wife and I are going to Toronto to get our canadian immigration on April 21st. I will make sure to post my experiance afterward as this site has helped me alot. I have few questions if someone can answer.

1. What if I have lost my birth certificate. Would it cause any problem when landing?

2. Should my wife and I apply for health card and drivers license? We plan to return back to US after a week. What are the pros and cons on getting them?

3. Does anyone know of a good clean short term rental apartments?

Thanks

H1B Stamping in Toronto

I am landing in Canada on 15th May.

And I am in 7th yr. ext. I fixed an appointment in Toronto. But the letter says that "To be eligible for a visa, Passport must be valid for at least 6 months past your intended stay in United states"

My passport expires on Aug 2nd 2006. My current H1B approval is valid upto March 31th 2006.

Did Anybody come across this situation?

Please help.

Thanks

Hi Sunven,

I am too in the same situation. My passport is expiring on 3-july-2006 and my H1 visa is valid till feb,18 2006. I intend to land in Toronto sometime in May-June time frame. I am wondering if I should go for H1B stamping to the US consulate or not as I am not fulfilling the '6 months passport validity requirement'.
I am not sure if anybody is denied the visa stamping if their passport is not valid for at least 6 months past the intended stay in United states.
Please discuss this matter in this forum if anybody has gone through the same situation.
I myself feel that it should not be a big problem in getting the visa stamped but again you cannot take anything for granted as far as American consulate is concerned.

Fortunately, there is Indian consulate in Houston where I live, so I will go to them ask if they can extend my passport expiry date by a year which I really doubt.
So, bottom line is , I am in dilemma as what to do here.
Any advice will be highly appreciated.

-- Sanksin..

Can anybody tell me...

What is the waiting period if you want to take appointment for H1B visa revalidation at toronto US consulate through nvars.com?

thanks,

sanksin77,

Let me know as soon as you find out from Indian Consulate Houston. I checked the Indian Consulate, they cann't extend passport 1 yr. prior to the expiration date.

Since I have to land before May, I am taking a chance, hope it works out.

Lets see.

Thanks,

Landing and Medical Surveillance and US Return

Folks,

Can someone shed light on the following problem?

Want to land with wife soon and return to US to work before moving to
Canada permanently in January 2006. Landing expires August 2005.

Wife's landing has Medical Surveillance conditions attached. Inactive TB.
She has to report to medical authorities within 30 days.

My question is:

1. What exactly happens for medical surveillance cases?
Is there any chance they might deny landing if I say
we plan to return in 2 weeks?

2. Are we free to return to US in a couple of weeks, say? Is there any
chance, Canadian authorities might compel her to stay and complete
the medical formalities, whatever time it takes, even 3 months or more?
i.e. Compel with the threat of losing her PR or landed status?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

RD

H1 B revalidation on Indian Passport.

Sunven,

I talked to some guys who got their visa re -validated from US consulate before. According to them, passport should be valid for 6 months from the date when your new H1 B is stamped on your passport not from the expiry date on the visa. So, there should not be any problem in our H1 B revalidation process.
Let me know, if you think otherwise.

Also, this makes more sense because if what we earlier thought (passport should not be expired 6 months beyond the expiry of the visa term) is correct then there will be many applicants who won't be able get their visa stamped. Because, Indian consulate only renews the passport if it is to be expired within a year. And if somebody has to get his/her 3 years visa stamped on the passport which is due to be expired after 2 or 3 year they can never get it, which is not the case.

More comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Sanksin

sanksin77,

Thanks for your posting.

Whatever you posted makes sense. Let's hope for the best. If I come across something different I will update you.

Thanks again.

Please post ur landing experiences

Hello texancanadian and others,

Could you please post your recent landing experiences. I reside in TX and I am planning to fly to Pearson Intl, Toronto for landing in a couple of weeks and I was wondering how easy/hard the process was for you as you had mentioned in your posting that you will be landing in the last week of April.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Josh.

kingosu

kingosu said:
Hello texancanadian and others,

Could you please post your recent landing experiences. I reside in TX and I am planning to fly to Pearson Intl, Toronto for landing in a couple of weeks and I was wondering how easy/hard the process was for you as you had mentioned in your posting that you will be landing in the last week of April.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Josh.

kingosu:

You can use the thread "landing experince" to read the experince rather than asking some one to post his experince again.

-Pearl

need some help ....

I landed canada 1 and half years ago and came back the next day. I have my PR card with me.
Now can any one tell me if I go there again lets say after 2 years from now then what would be the situation?
a. Would they let me enter canada?
b. Do I have to apply for canadian immigration again?
c. or can I stay there without applying for passport?

can some one please clarify the issues or send me a link where those are stated.

Thanks,
rim

BTW: I followed this thread 2+ years ago and that helped me. Good luck to you all too.

rim

You are allowed to stay outside canada for three yrs within a 5 yr window, so you can go back after three years and re enter canada with your PR card without any issues however remember then you would have used all the time outside Canada and will have to stay inside canada for two full years.

www.cic.gc.ca has the same information