landing experience

Air_canada, you provided very helpful and descriptive information. Thanks very much!!

air_canada said:
B4 is form for your "goods in possession" and since you are only carrying clothes means you are not "importing" anything at this time and will have 100% items on B4A ( Goods to follow ).

However , even though you are not importing cars at this time and may plan to do later , you 'll have to fill in VIN # on B4 Form because thats the only place in 2 forms where you can write about them. Leave the remaining form blank except address , name etc.

you 'll not be able to find writable / editable B4/B4A pdf forms on Canadian Customs web sites . Try using adobe writer software ( infact adobe photoshop also works well ) to type and print your data instead of excel.

make 2 copies of each
also at the end you have to calculate the gross amount.

if you handover excel sheets , customs offier will start copying / may ask you to copy these items on B4/B4A forms - so save each others time by producing printouts on proper forms.

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know where I can found these form

B4 is form for your "goods in possession" and since you are only carrying clothes means you are not "importing" anything at this time and will have 100% items on B4A ( Goods to follow ).

Air canada - Thanks a lot for providing very useful information.

PR card not recieved: Over 8 weeks!

I have not recieved my daugthers PR card (she is US citizen). However I have received my wife's and my PR card in 4 weeks. I am currently working in US.

Ques) What should I do to enquire about my daughters PR card? (The toll free number does not work from US)

Thanks in advance.

Landing experience in Blaine - Vancouver

All,

I reached around 3.20pm at port blain crossing . the border security there showed me to park the car and go to the immigration office. I went there and I saw a east indian lady officer along with some canadian officer. i was wishing not to be called by the east indian lady officer because she seems knowing too much about working indians in USA. luckily the other canadian officer ( He seems very friendly) called me and he just asked me few things and then told me that they will send me back the PR card in 4 to 6 weeks and told me to goto customs. the customs official was also very friendly . and he filled the forms and told me to sign . that is it.

I went to vancouver and applied for my SIN. stayed a day to move around the downtown . while coming back at the border the US officer hardly asked me anything .

thanks everyone

freebird140 said:
All,

I reached around 3.20pm at port blain crossing . the border security there showed me to park the car and go to the immigration office. I went there and I saw a east indian lady officer along with some canadian officer. i was wishing not to be called by the east indian lady officer because she seems knowing too much about working indians in USA. luckily the other canadian officer ( He seems very friendly) called me and he just asked me few things and then told me that they will send me back the PR card in 4 to 6 weeks and told me to goto customs. the customs official was also very friendly . and he filled the forms and told me to sign . that is it.

I went to vancouver and applied for my SIN. stayed a day to move around the downtown . while coming back at the border the US officer hardly asked me anything .

thanks everyone

hi freebird ,
congrats on successful landing
you are lucky , this east indian lady did not accept my canadian relatives address for the PR Card and said apply again when you are IN finally

Did they accept your US or Canadian address for dispatching this card ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Air_canada (and other folks),
I will be flying to Vancouver in about a week from now to complete the landing process. Unfortunately,
till now, I haven't been able to find a mailing address in Canada where my
PR card can be mailed. I did find someone now...however, they will be moving out
of that address in a month. So when I land next week, can I provide this address
and then, say after a month, provide a different address by calling the Canadian
Immigration deparment (or the dept. that issues/mails out the card)? Please advise...
and thank you sincerely for the wonderful suggestions you've been providing....

santex24 said:
Air_canada (and other folks),
I will be flying to Vancouver in about a week from now to complete the landing process. Unfortunately,
till now, I haven't been able to find a mailing address in Canada where my
PR card can be mailed. I did find someone now...however, they will be moving out
of that address in a month. So when I land next week, can I provide this address
and then, say after a month, provide a different address by calling the Canadian
Immigration deparment (or the dept. that issues/mails out the card)? Please advise...
and thank you sincerely for the wonderful suggestions you've been providing....

PR cards can take anywhere between 4-6 weeks and sometimes longer. If they accept your relatives address upon landing and if you get it before they make a move , you are lucky.

In case they move before your card arrives - they'll naturally have to provide a "forwarding address" to canadian postal dept (as we do in the US ) and mails gets forwarded to them at their new address.

(again , sensitive letters however, do not get forwarded and are returned back to CIC even if sender has put forwarding)

I very much doubt they 'll accept change of address over phone and may ask you to appear again at local CIC.

Also , see to it that photos on your documents are clear and exactly match specs. I have seen postings where people were asked to re-appear personally once again for picture not being to specs.

air_canada said:
Also , see to it that photos on your documents are clear and exactly match specs. I have seen postings where people were asked to re-appear personally once again for picture not being to specs.

Thanks Air_Canada....Regarding the picture, is this something we need to take
with us or will the Immigration authorities use the picture provided on the
landing papers ? To sum it up, I don't want to drive or fly again to Canada just to
take a picture..

air_canada said:
hi freebird ,
congrats on successful landing
you are lucky , this east indian lady did not accept my canadian relatives address for the PR Card and said apply again when you are IN finally

Did they accept your US or Canadian address for dispatching this card ?

Air_canada,

the immigration officer accepted my friend's address who lives in Ontario.
I hope I will get it soon .

thanks a lot

santex24 said:
Thanks Air_Canada....Regarding the picture, is this something we need to take
with us or will the Immigration authorities use the picture provided on the
landing papers ? To sum it up, I don't want to drive or fly again to Canada just to
take a picture..

Looks like they use the same picture which is pasted on front of your COPR. No harm keeping more pictures with you of the prescribed specs.

I'm required to land in Canada before June 30 06. My request for visa extention to land in Canada was denied. I'm hesitant to go to Canada to complete the landing process as my I-485 is still pending and also the H1B visa in my passport is expired. But I do have a valid I-797 approval notice.

Does anyone know if it is advisable to land in Canada in this situation?

Thanks
ind

Getting Back half of Landing Fee

Did any body recently got half of their landing fee back?. I heard you have to apply for it in canada if you land after May 31st.

indgc123 said:
I'm required to land in Canada before June 30 06. My request for visa extention to land in Canada was denied. I'm hesitant to go to Canada to complete the landing process as my I-485 is still pending and also the H1B visa in my passport is expired. But I do have a valid I-797 approval notice.

Does anyone know if it is advisable to land in Canada in this situation?

Thanks
ind

I think you can land and come back if you are in valid status all the time. Lot of people do the same thing.

Regards,
Sree

My Landing Experience:

I am a US PR and my Canadian Immigration was approved in Quebec selected skilled immigration class. I went to the border along with my US citizen friend (who was just visiting Canada) in a rental car.

I landed at Seattle/Vancouver border. I thought that since I am not landing at Quebec borders so I might face some problem but landing experience was such an easy that almost no special question asked, it took around 10-15 minutes including standing in the line, going to rest room etc. IO checked the landing paper-asked my first name, last name etc -- asked me to do my initials at couple of places and sign it. Then he asked if I remember from the original application about the money that I will bring with my landing -- I gave him the round figure and told him that I have my bank statement with me but he simply wrote the amount on the landing doc and no statement/doc was checked. He gave me a piece of paper to notify about my address later so that they could mail my PR out there. He congratulated me …. Stood up to shake hands…That’s it!!

Custom officers were so nice as well, I told them that I am not importing any thing but they advised me to put as much stuff as I can on ‘Goods to follow list’ so that I could import all that ‘duty free’ (no duty on OR up to CAN $ 10,000.00 per item) in the future. They also advised to put VIN number of my personal car as well so that whenever/if-ever I would decide to import it then I could get the same duty free benefit AND until then it will always be considered as not-imported. So I entered VIN number of my personal car as well which I was not driving.

While driving back, it took 1-4 minutes at US border, IO took my green card and my friend’s proof of Citizenship, verified those documents in his computer, asked ‘if we were bringing anything from Canada’ -- answered …. That’s it. He returned our docs back -- with smiling good evening.

I-94

I am going to canada on july 15 , for landing

My question is

1- At the time of leaving u s a what I-94 i have to surrender the White I-94 which was given to me when I entered last time in u s a or I should surrender the I-94 attached to approval notice I-797

2-The visa automatic rule is still valid if I am travelling by air . If any body here has recently used automatic visa revalidation please share your experience

Thanks

Tanveer