http://216.247.247.165/

The Honorable James W. Ziglar
Commissioner
Immigration and Naturalization Service
U.S. Department of Justice
425 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20536/

Hi Anuj , I am shocked

I am shocked to learn this news, I am sure there will be a way out.
It may not effect if company merging or spliting, I think so..
Any input guys...
We need to explore possible ways to come out, if some one in our gang got problem.

Thanks for the support, guys

I appreciate your support- Does anyone know if the effect of mergers/ acquisitions/ spin-offs is that it always required a new LC? I tried searching on websites, it seems that restructuring does not invalidate H1\'s but does invalidate LCs... any more info anyone?

Thanks.

No Title

Anuj,

I don\'t see a reason to panic unless your job profile is changing "drastically" if it is the same company or it\'s merging or getting taken over by other company you are fine. Try talking to your manager and HR generally they are very co-operative in the matters like this.

Cheers

EM

sesa

looks like sesa still has a heavy load of cases.
they said that the volume of cases is especially huge on dates 4/24 through 4/27 (permanent non rir cases)

this might affect sesa processing rate for all cases in general

today they were processing june 22 (RIR) and April 5(non rir)

You should be fine..

The merger won\'t have any effect on your labour as long as you are "same" job profile. My company faced a merger in January 2000. The only issue people were facing was of getting an RFE after 485 filing. This is because if the company changes its name after 140 approval then california requires I-140 amendment to be filed at the time of 485. But it depends on case to case basis. Now, as your I-140 stage has not arrived and hopefully if your company is planning to change name then it would happen before you file I-140. I hope this helps.

So this madness has just STARTED ???

So, it looks like 245i load is just going to increase, as SESA is still to process all of April with all the last-minute-filing illegals.

Looks like we\'re really fucked. Period. I knew the H1 was stupid idea. Should\'ve went to Mexico, illegally crossed the border and worked on a tomato field for a couple of years. Probably would be a citizen by now :-/.

Why dont we start a Mass Mail

Why dont we start a mass mailing event to the Senators, Congess representatives, Labor department people etc., to bring to their notice the pain that a legally abiding individual has to go through just because some one sitting out there with no idea of this is formulating the rules to club the regular and 245i application processing. The letters have to be logical and convincing and should not be agressive. Also we might want to compile a list of phone numbers that all of us can call during our spare time to make the appropriate people. As always lets not be fence sitters expecting others to take care of the situation. Any volunteers to take up the job of writing letters and posting them on this bulletin. I will compile the list of important numbers to call and possibly their e Mail addresses. Lets Do it. Jus Do It.

Just called my lawyer ...

Called my lawyer to get her insight on what we can do. She was rather pessimistic. Said the pressure was applied last year not on SESA/DOL, but rather on INS.

However, she mentioned that there will be some coordination meeting at the end of this month, between Labor Dept. and Immigration lawyers. Given how much lawyers care (they get their money anyhow, right :-/), I think we\'d just get a load of pessimistic info out of it.

Canada, anyone ? Their immigration laws are easier I heard ... at least half a dozen of my friends are permanent residents here, while I\'m paying social security which i\'m likely never to collect.

No Title

Yes you are right..canada looks like the only viable option at this moment.
All the rules over here are buried in Red tape...they want us to come here and help them in growing their economy....When it comes to making us permanent residents, all hell breaks loose.
Has anyone wondered why it just takes about 3-5 months for a new H1-B, considering the fact that the credentails/qualifications are already verified at the time of processing the H1-B. So then why whis much time for a Green Card???.
Makes me wonder.....
Anywayz any news on the DOL processing.
We still have to put up a fight.
All the best.

Hi Ceebee: Canadian government too increased the minumum ponts required for immigration

It will take an year or more now earlier it used to take 6 months or so..

My communication with EDD

The following is my communication to EDD. Please read -- and there is phone number in their responses. I doubt I will have a time to call it till tomorrow/Monday. So, if anyone wants to give it a try -- feel free.

EDD to me:
=========================================
Since I do not work in the Foreign Labor Certification Office (FLCO), I do not have a total understanding of their processes and procedures and am thus unable to answer your questions. I highly recommend that you contact the FLCO directly and allow their trained staff to provide you with the information you seek. Again, their number is (916) 464-3400.

I to EDD
===================================================================

Tyoka,

Thank you very much for the info. However, some things are still unclear to me.
As far as I know, Life Act cases are being handled as non-RIR. You only process April 5th for non-RIR cases.
Did 5 days of April create this huge backlog, or am I misunderstanding
something ?
Should we expect further backlog increase, or will you keep it at least at the current level in the coming months ?
What would your prognosis be ?

Also, I was wondering what we, workers, and our employers can do to help EDD fight this backlog ?
Can we write/lobby to have you funded better, so you\'ll be able to hire additional stuff ?
If so, contact information of people influencing these decisions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

EDD to me
===============================================================

The Director has asked me to respond to your recent correspondence regarding the Foreign Labor Certification process.

In December 2000, then President Clinton signed the Life Act into law. This act contains provisions for granting amnesty to a large number of foreign
workers provided they filed a Foreign Labor Certification application by
April 2001. Prior to April 2001, the average EDD Foreign Labor
Certification Office (FLCO) caseload was around 3000 cases. Due to the Life
Act , the FLCO had an influx of approximately 7000 cases in April of 2001.
This massive influx of applications has resulted in an increase in
processing time. The EDD is taking measures to handle this large backog of
work, including hiring additional staff to handle the workload.

Should you have additional questions, please contact our Foreign Labor
Certification Office directly at (916) 464-3400.

Tyoka Mehs
Job Service Division

Employment Development Department

EDD Electronic Comment
Date Entered & Time - 2002-02-06 14:44:12
Record Number - 19643

I to EDD
============================================
These are EDD Labor Certification processing time dynamics for the past year. What is going on ??? Recently, processing time was growing by as much as 3-4 days for each calendar day. When it will end ???? When will you catch up ?
[processing time dynamics]

Sent to EDD - the address is http://www.edd.ca.gov/eddmail.htm

Topic: Foreign Labor Certification Backlog

Dear Madam/Sir,
As far as I know, the current backlog in Foreign Labor Certification Office is due to a huge amount of 245(i) cases filed in April 2002. This leads to ENOURMOUS increase of the LCA processing times. If the 245(i) backlog shifts further to Department of Labor and INS, that will make practically IMPOSSIBILE to accomplish the whole Employment Based Green Card Procedure in the time allocated by the law. My questions are:

1. Is there any projections how long the processing time will increase. When increase will stop?
2. Is there any plans to decrease the processing times and if any when I can expect that to happen?
3. Is there any plans to distribute EDD workforce so the backlogs filed in different categories do not influence each other so dramatically?
4. Is there any other reasons for the processing time increase rather then 245(i) backlog?
5. Is there ANY way to help EDD to get back up to speed as of the end of 2001 (e.g. 3 months and less)?

I hope you understand my concerns and want to thank you in advance for your answer.
Regards