Kansas City MO - N-400 Timeline

sudo...so we will be taking oath together I guess..

Hi ProudPal, seems like we will be in Topeka around the same time.. My oath is the afternoon, 12:30 is the reporting time listed on my oath letter.. what time is your oath ?? In the morning or noon ??

oooooooooh..
wow...mine is actually 8 am..
toooooo early..
I am thinking of booking a hotel the night before in Topeka..as it may be easier than to drive the family early morning..

Hi ProudPal,
I think that would be a good idea to get there a day in advance, since your oath time is early in the morning..

Does anyone know how many guest we can get along with us for the oath ceremony at Topeka... And also how long does the ceremony take ??

Thanks

Don't know about Topeka, but at Kansas City they did not check or limit guests, but there was also not much space at the back of the court. Probably enough space for 2 to 3 guests per citizen plus some extra.

SUDO: Would you please call USCIS (1-800-375-5283) and check your N-400 status. I know you have received your oath. I just want to see if they have updated their database. Thank you so much.;)

I still have not received it :(:mad:

wohoo
I feel so sorry for those who took the Oath int he afternoon..it was burning hot..

621 people ...the largest in Kansas History..
8 am was the time but we started at 10..and were done like 11:10 I think...

Was easy and fast (other than the wait)..

We took our oath and received naturalization certificates on Friday(07/25/08).:D
U.S. District Judge and Gov. Kathleen Sebelius presided over administration of the oath to 621 people from more than 80 countries during a morning session at Topeka Performing Arts Center. Another 700 people were scheduled to take oath in the afternoon.
It took 1 year and a week from N400 and little more than 5 months since the interview date.
I wish good luck to all those who are still waiting, looks like major backlog had been cleared with close to 1400 people taking oath on 07/25, your turn will be pretty soon.

Well Well Well... As a new US Citizen writes..

Finished my oath also on the 25th of July at Topeka.. I got there at 12:00 pm for the 12:30 reporting time.. And as ProudPal says, the line was absolutely long.. They opened the doors at 12:30 pm sharp, but it took me more then an hour to get inside, It was like 100 F and burning like hell.. Once inside the process was smooth and easy.. My green card was taken right away and was asked to go to a table where my naturalization certificate was there.. Signed it and had to wait for the ceremony to complete before i could come back out and collect the certificate..

There were 582 folks who got naturalized at my ceremony.. so the art center was pretty packed..

Good luck to one and all... and hope each and everyones journey ends soon..

Thanks All..

Applied for my passport at the local post office.. I had used the online wizard to fill the application and the lady accepting the application said that, that is very good and this may speed up the process.. None the less she said it says it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get the passport, but usually folks get it in around 2 weeks.. Will let you all know when i get it.

sudo..I used the online passport wizard too. Our experience with passport applications, applying the day after our Oath at a local post office was:

* My expedited passport: applied at 9:30am Saturday 28th June; the passport arrived back 7 calendar days later (4 business days!) on Saturday 7/5 at 10am. Amazing!

* I applied for my families passports at the same time but not expedited. They arrived back Friday 7/18 which is 14 business days / 20 calendar days. Still very good service.

Note that none of the passports could be found using the online status page even after we received all the passports! So I'm not sure that 'feature' is very useful. For us the original Naturalization Certificates came back in the same envelopes as the passports (from Houston). Others have posted here that the certificates can be returned a few days after you receive the passports.

We received our passport today.

NCS - Kansas City DO
07/18/07: Priority Date
08/16/07: Finger Print Date
02/07/08: Interview date(Passed)
07/03/08: Oath Letter Received.(147 Days after the interview)
07/25/08: Oath ceremony at Topeka.
07/25/08: Applied for Passport(Expedite)
07/31/08: Passport received.

Re : USCIS - Kansas City DO Timelines

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS) is a bureau in the United States Department of Homeland Security. After you have been fingerprinted,you will be informed about the date,time and place of your interview by mail. If you are unable to make it at the given date/time,reschedule your interview. So try to attend the first interview.
---------------------
Sheik

Kansas Treatment Centers

Just received my passport today.. Though the Naturalization Certificate was not included in it.. Hopefully that will be the last wait..

Hi pleasehelp08, Did you get your oath letter ?? i know its been a while, was just curious..

-Sudo