IL - ???

Spouse
Priority Date - Oct 10, 2006
Fingerprint Notice - Oct 10, 2006
Fingerprinting - Oct 26, 2006
Interview Letter Date - Nov 30, 2006
Interview Date - Jan 11, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other posts are indicating that people with N-400 applications at NSC have been receiving their interview letters in spite of the on line status still showing as case pending. Anyone in the Kansas City DO had such an experience???

Kansas City thread has been quiet for some time. Any updates? My spouse has the interview on Jan 11 and I will post updates.

Kansas City Interview Experience

Hi all,

My wife completed her N-400 interview this morning at Kansas City DO. It was a breeze...in and out in 10 minutes.

Only documents asked were passport, GC, driver's license and interview letter. Civic questions were out of old 100 questions ... pilot questions were not asked. English exam was simple. Then she was made to sign her photos and congratulated with N-652. She was told oath will be in 6-8 weeks.

Wife PD: Oct 10, 2006
FP Date: Oct 26, 2006
Received IL: Nov 29, 2006
Interview: Jan 11, 2007
Oath: Awaiting

I have not received my interview letter as yet even though we have name priority dates. I took an INFOPASS and was told that my background check was pending. The DO cannot do anything until they receive file from NSC. My wife also checked with her IO about my case after her interview and she was told it was most likely background but not to worry since my PD is only Oct 2006. Most likely will be resolved in a month or so.

N400 Kansas City, NSC

I am just starting my process

Application sent to NSC by priority mail
05/17/2007
Application delivered
05/19/2007
Check cashed
05/23/2007
Check appeared online in my banking account
05/24/2007

Update on Kansas City Timeline

Application filed 5/17/2007
Application received 5/19/2007
Posting date 5/21/2007
Check cashed 5/23/2007
NOA 6/04/2007
Fingerprint notice 6/05/2007
Fingerprints scheduled 6/18/2007
Fingerprints taken 6/18/2007
FBI was called 6/21/2007 (results were sent back to USCIS on 6/18/2007)
Interview letter received 7/16/2007 :)
status online has not disappeared :rolleyes:
Interview date scheduled 10/04/2007

UPDATE:
I had my interview today that lasted only 7 minutes. The officer was friendly. She hardly asked me for any information - verified my social security number and looked at my green card - that's it. I did not disclose my speeding tickets on the application, so I asked her about it. The officer smiled, thanked me for being honest but told me that unless it is a DUI or a drug related charge she did not care. Then she asked me 10 questions from the list and I got all 10 right. I gave her an updated page with my travel dates but she wrote down the changes on the old sheet. She never asked me for my passport neither did she ask for my tax returns. I signed a paper with my name change information, then I signed two pictures with my regular signature. Then she gave me a piece of paper that stated CONGRATULATION!!! Because Kansas City office did not interview for the past 3 weeks she thougth that I might be called for Oath in just a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Letter Received

Yesterday I received my oath letter 11/17/2007 to appear for Naturalization Ceremony on 12/13/2007 at the Court House in the downtown Kansas City.:)

Cool..
Congrats to all of you who are done..
While we are at it..don't you think that the location of the KC office is so confusing.
Been going there since 6 years and I still get confused finding it lol..
Seriously, it is like meant to be like that so no one finds it :)

Oh I know. The first time I went there and went down the road I am like this can't be it. You would think a Federal Building would be in a different location and look totally different.
The fist time I went I used Mapquest and had to go through those 2 roundabouts but since they just built it there were no street names and I don't know how many times I went through over and over and over again and the construction workers started laughing at me, lol.
So when I went with my FIL for my Interview he tool 435 and then I-29 and took Exit 10 and that was so much easier.

haha...all ppl i know have the same story..it really sucks..they need to change the location..
it was picked so that people miss it and can't go there..

What I find funny about the location is that if you picture a Federal Building you imagine a big Buiding, new or restored looking in the middle of downtown. When I went to Wichita for my Fingerprinting it was this massive Federal Building and when I went to KC and turned left to go down the street towards the DO I couldn't believe my eyes. It is in the middle of nowhere pretty much in a industrial part of town. At least I don't have to worry about Parking or Parking Fees, lol. In Wichita I was in there for about 30 Min and had to pay 5 bucks and took me forever to get around that stupid parking garage, couldn't find a spot so I had to park up front .

New Citizen

I Am A New United States Citizen. I Already Updated My Social Security Record, Changed Drivers License, Informed My Work And My Bank And The Main Thing - Applied For Passport!!!!!!!!

Naturalization Ceremony Was Painless, Do Not Worry About Bringing Any Documents - Green Card And Naturalization Notice Is All You Need. Short And Sweet - I Am Done With Uscis For Now.