Kansas City MO - N-400 Timeline

N400 interview.

I had my interview today and I was informed that I have passed the history and Civic test but A decision cannot be made and I will get a letter in the mail. is this normal? did anyone in Kansas city get N-652 with "No decision cannot yet be made about your application" box checked?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
PD 02/09/08
FP 03/26/08
IL 04/28/08
ID 06/04/08 (passed test but no decision cannot be made) :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally my Interview is done....

I had my interview today (June 4th) at 9:00 am. I reached the Kansas City DO at 8:30 and put my letter in, to get into the queue. Surprisingly i was called within 5 mins after i gave my interview appointment letter. I was in the IO office at 8:35 (25 mins before my scheduled appointment.. nice..). The IO was a caucasian lady. Very nice, very polite and extremely professional. I was asked to swear in before my interview began. After swearing in, she asked me to be seated and asked for my Green Card and Passports. I had 2 passports, one of which was expired and the other was current. She just glanced at the green card. Did some small talk with me about the weather (knowing that the weather was really bad last night) while she got the application documents out of the folder to begin her review. She went thru the whole application with me. Everything was pretty standard. She kept ticking the application as she asked me to verify the answers i had written in the application. Then she asked me to sign the application and write my full name. I asked her how i should sign the application, recursive full name or like i sign on my bank checks, and she said, like u sign on your bank checks (which kinda surprised me cause i have been reading in the forum that you should sign your full name in recursive). I asked her again and she confirmed that i should sign it like a bank check. So i did, then she got my 2 passport size photos out of the packet and asked me to sign them to, again like i sign my bank checks, so i did.

Next she said she is going to ask me the civic test. She said there are 10 questions, and i should get 6 right. As soon as i get 6 right, she said she would stop. Here are the questions she asked.
1. How many stars are there in the US flag
2. Who is the current President of the US
3. Which was the 50th state to be added to the Union
4. Who was Martin Luther King, Jr
5. Who becomes the President if both the President and the Vice President die.
6. What type of government does the US have.

Got all of them correct, then she asked me to read aloud a "I drive a blue car" and had be write "I goto work everyday". After that she said you have passed the civic and English test and said she is going to recommend me for approval and gave me the approval letter. Told me that i should expect to get my Oath letter within 2 to 3 months. I asked her if my oath will be in Missouri or Kansas, since i live on the Kansas side of the state-line, and she told me it will be in Kansas. They usually have it on Fridays, but they have one this Monday, and there are more then 1000 folks scheduled. So she said it might take a little while to get the letter (around 2 to 3 months).

I thanked her and walked out. When i was out of the office i checked my watch and the time was 8:50 am. So i finished the whole thing in 15 mins (and 10 mins before my scheduled interview time)

Question: The IO took my interview letter and did not give it back. Not that i asked for it or anything, when i was back home i was going over all my documents and realized that she did not give me the interview letter back. I got my FP letter back after i had given by FP back in March. So i was wondering if this is correct. Are we suppose to get our Interview Letter back??

Thank you everybody for contributing to this awesome forum...

sudo: Your interview letter was replaced by the N-652. I also did not get the interview letter back.

pleasehelp08: Search in the forums. This has happened to other people.

Kckfs: Thanks for the info.. I can sleep better tonight.. Does anyone know when and where do the Kansas state oath ceremonies happen ??

Pleasehelp08, looks like we both were at the DO today .. what time was your interview ?? Our paths may have crossed..

Sudo: My intrview was at 8:00am and I left at 8:20am. Unfortunately my IO was not friendly at all. He didn't even reply when I said good morning. He didn't talk about anything but my application and gave me a N-652 with interview passed and no decision yet cannot be made checked and then walked me out. I couldn't sleep well last night thinking whats going to happen.

The US District Court of Kansas in Kansas City (500 State Ave, Kansas City, KS) regularly schedule one Oath ceremony every month, typically on the last Friday of each month although the exact date sometimes varies. Upcoming dates are: June 27th, July 25th, August 29th. Apparently they have been very busy with over 100 people at each ceremony. I don't know if they will run additional ceremonies.

Topeka run one ceremony per month, and you might get an Oath there.

Sudo: My intrview was at 8:00am and I left at 8:20am. Unfortunately my IO was not friendly at all. He didn't even reply when I said good morning. He didn't talk about anything but my application and gave me a N-652 with interview passed and no decision yet cannot be made checked and then walked me out. I couldn't sleep well last night thinking whats going to happen.

Looks like we just missed each other Pleasehelp08.. And dont you worry one bit, you will get the approval and oath soon..

The US District Court of Kansas in Kansas City (500 State Ave, Kansas City, KS) regularly schedule one Oath ceremony every month, typically on the last Friday of each month although the exact date sometimes varies. Upcoming dates are: June 27th, July 25th, August 29th. Apparently they have been very busy with over 100 people at each ceremony. I don't know if they will run additional ceremonies.

Topeka run one ceremony per month, and you might get an Oath there.

Thank you kckfs, hopefully i will get the oath letter soon enough to vote this year. Thanks once again

Congrats guys for your interviews. Now I hope you will get your Oath Ceremony letters soon.

I'm done with USCIS, I'm registred voter and I got my US passport yesterday, after less then a week after my ceremony!

Conrats Lexa! Where did apply for the passport?

Court House in Jefferson City, where was my Oath Ceremony, has post office inside, so I applied there on Friday at 2pm on May 30th. :) I'm really surprised how fast I got it, if you think there was also weekend and I got it on Saturday the 7th :)

How long does it usually take for IO to send out a letter for requesting more information / evidence if needed? I passed the test but go no decision cannot be made checked paper. IO told me that he will go through the file and he needs more information he will notify me. does it take weeks or months?

KC DO - 130 days since N652

It is 130 days since we passed our naturalization interview on 7th Feb 2008. We are yet to receive our oath ceremony notice.
Called the USCIS and I was asked to call back after 1 month and 2 weeks.
Spoke to the IO at KCDO, she said she will look into my case.
Anyone in a similar situation?
Thanks.
NCS - KC DO
PD 07/18/07.
FD 08/16/07.
ID 02/07/08.

We had the same issue with Kansas City (our interview was the day before yours), except that I called the USCIS helpline after 90 days. They submitted an inquiry to Kansas City DO. Just over three weeks later we received the Oath letter with an Oath date of 27th June. So either it was my time for that letter, or it was in response to our inquiry. Hopefully your IO can sort something out. It seems that the Kansas City Oath ceremonies are not processing enough people fast enough and there is a backlog. See my timeline above.

KCKFS,
Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, our timelines are pretty close.
I will wait for couple of more weeks and call the IO again.
OPKS2

KCKFS,
Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, our timelines are pretty close.
I will wait for couple of more weeks and call the IO again.
OPKS2

Lots of delays fro the oath letter for people who interviewed in KC DO..

Almost 2 months for me now...and nothing yet..

The June 15th USCIS Kansas City DO N-400 processing dates are now posted and show July 15, 2007. This would match my time line of 07/13/07 priority date and 06/27/08 Oath ceremony. Given the time lines of those of you waiting, I'm wondering if they are trying to clear the older approved cases based on priority date for Oath first, and not necessarily based on the interview date.