• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just called the KCC

well, for the former selected, it is over, i just called the KCC & they erased our case number... it is over, just wait july 15...
Me I have a plan B, since there is no job in france anymore & i get the goverment payement, i will just spend 3 months in usa then come back for a month or two then 3 more months ect.. until I get enough money to pay for college or until i win the DV for real...

c u july 15, all the thread for redraw, unfair & stuff are useless

Make sure you don't stay more than 180 days in one year otherwise you are overstaying without even knowing. I have friends who came here for years and own a home here...came here less than 3 months, left one week and came back and did the same over and over until they got stopped at customs and given a very hard time. They have health ins., lots of money and are retired but were treated as if they illegally were working. There computers were checked, etc. They were told to apply for visa's since they always came on a tourist visa from Europe.

Not at any time were they informed what the issue really was but 2 lawyers confirmed that legally you are not allowed to stay in this Country more than 180 days in one year.

i will just do that once or twice until i get enrolled at a college
Make sure you don't stay more than 180 days in one year otherwise you are overstaying without even knowing. I have friends who came here for years and own a home here...came here less than 3 months, left one week and came back and did the same over and over until they got stopped at customs and given a very hard time. They have health ins., lots of money and are retired but were treated as if they illegally were working. There computers were checked, etc. They were told to apply for visa's since they always came on a tourist visa from Europe.

Not at any time were they informed what the issue really was but 2 lawyers confirmed that legally you are not allowed to stay in this Country more than 180 days in one year.

They have health ins., lots of money and are retired but were treated as if they illegally were working. There computers were checked, etc. They were told to apply for visa's since they always came on a tourist visa from Europe.
Tons of money opens the doors!

do not worry, i can show that i have a place to stay (my girlfriends' house)

If you say that you will get denied no doubt about it.

Saying you have a girlfriend = Immigration Intent = Not allowed on Student Visa

PS:
America wants money, they need to see if you can support yourself and provide thousands of dollars to the US economy while on you're student visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
115 474 for 2011
so for 2011 the chances were 2266*100/115474 which makes 1.96 % (but should be slightly higher concidering the invalidated entries due to fraud, double entries or even wrong picture
Here:entrants:108,015 for 2012 and 2011 winners:2266. I know data is from 2 different years but will give some idea? It is from Turkey.

115 474 for 2011
so for 2011 the chances were 2266*100/115474 which makes 1.96 % (but should be slightly higher concidering the invalidated entries due to fraud, double entries or even wrong picture
Thks, still not bad ;)
I won it in '92 when I was in Canada(now in US with temp L-1), but my ex did not want to move...:mad: so I moved on ;) hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
what is a L1? temporary worker?
& lol, usa was more importan than your girlfriend haha..
Thks, still not bad ;)
I won it in '92 when I was in Canada(now in US with temp L-1), but my ex did not want to move...:mad: so I moved on ;) hahaha

Yup, you're right. Therefore, there is a huge chance that you will win again. Like you've said, at least the 22,000 initial winners know that their application/photo are valid.

Probability to win for Africa in DV-2011 was about 2.06%, for North America about 0.47%. The chances to win do not depend on the previous status (won or not won).

He didn't said that it depend on previous statu, he said that at least we know that our entry was valid... one thing to keep in mind is that lot & lot of peoples got disqualify & do not even know it so he was just implying that at least we know we didn't get disqualify
Probability to win for Africa in DV-2011 was about 2.06%, for North America about 0.47%. The chances to win do not depend on the previous status (won or not won).

About school, you need to show that you have funds for at least 1 year. The funds not only include tuition but also health insurance and room and board. You may have to show that you have at least 25, 000. This is my 2nd degree in the us as an international student so I know.

Actually to be granted a student visa successfully you need to show you can support yourself fully over the years. They also need to see if you have strong ties with you're home country and if you have the funds to support yourself when you go back home such as a house you have in your home country etc. I've heard of many people who are rejected student visa's even if they had their money come from their parents savings account with the right money figures because simply they are not convinced. Another big mistake many people in interviews seem to make is that they say they are going to stay at a place for free which gives the interviewer an impression that they have a small immigration intent.

You also need to prove you are going to be paying rent for an accommodation you're staying at, food, books, health, and most of all the tuition fee. You're going to have to at least show you can provide $20,000 a year minimum for yourself to convince the student visa interviewer.

number of aplicants.
but this is an overview, the chance vary greatly country from country. A bangladeshi has way lower chance than a lebanon one despite both being from asia
What does it depend on? Thanks for the info.

What does it depend on?
They are the same throughout the region.
A bangladeshi has way lower chance than a lebanon one despite both being from asia
86.5% of entries from Bangladesh are fraudulent ones and are disqualified before the draw. Like fully duplicate or with the same photos as last year. Only 4% of entries from Lebanon are disqualified before the draw though. The probability to win for a non-disqualified entry is about the same for either country.

where can you get the country by country disqualified entri?
They are the same throughout the region.
86.5% of entries from Bangladesh are fraudulent ones and are disqualified before the draw. Like fully duplicate or with the same photos as last year. Only 4% of entries from Lebanon are disqualified before the draw though. The probability to win for a non-disqualified entry is about the same for either country.