JUNE VISA BULLETIN PREDICTIONS...Time to tie the knot with your Greencard

Movement

Saras76,
I got your point that there are some inconsistencies between past bulletins and latest bulletins. In light of the last month’s bulletin and Murthy’s news letter, do you think if there is movement it would be after relaxing the country quotas or it would be movement in just anticipated demand.

indian_gc_ocean,

I don't think country quotas are going to be relaxed anytime soon. The quotas will not go away until EB3 ROW becomes current.

Any movement that may occur this summer will be due to aniticpated demand not meeting real demand. The most likely scenario is that DHS will keep moving EB3 ROW till they see a huge surge in 485's being filed or becoming current. Forward movement will depend on demand within EB3 ROW. As for the rest of the categories, its anyones guess. India EB3 may move a bit (I hope anyway). Not sure what the deal is with India EB2.

cheers,

saras

Long live the new king!

Saras is the new king on this forum.
Long Live the new king!

I have always felt that Saras's comments help me more than UN's. I always look over Saras's comments, sometimes stop to look what UN said. UN! you waste my time....Techy's comments are probably the best.:p :p

Ultimately none of these guys can move anything. If I need any advice will go to a lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 cents

Well I have am a silent observer of this forum, what in technical parlance is know as a "lurker". I do have a couple of posts but not much in case you guys want to check my history.

Well I too had an rfe on my I140 and did send a private message to UN, but there was no correspondence which I understand was due to his busy schedule and have no grudge about it. I can understand I was asking for free advice. Anyway got a lawyer answered the RFE and have got it approved.

The above details are just to provide my background.

Well in the present controversies or fires I have a few things to say.

1. When a person becomes a leader and gives (in)valuable advice or guidance in bad times he is definitely appreciated and we mortal human beings try to follow him or his words like nectar from heaven.
And whoever assumes such a position has to learn( or have ) three most important things to be more successful or have peace so as not to start fires.
Humility, Be Ego Less and be diplomatic.
The above things are difficult but not impossible to adapt to and are fundamentals of Leadership 101.
I did find all this missing in case of UN. And yes you guys can argue with me nobody told you to read his analysis, write to him, or comment etc... There is no end to this.

2. People this is public forum, here we come to share our ideas and thoughts. But at the end we need to take our own well informed decisions with the help of lawyers, friends etc. And we are responsible for the outcome no matter what.

So people please grow up and stop flaring each other, calling names etc. If you don't agree to someones view, or make them see to your view then side step, and improve your convincing skill instead of calling names.

3. Nobody in the world is so big or important or 'know all', we alll are human beings and we do not need to prostrate in front of another one. Have some diginity. Life goes on and you will find somebody else to ask information from.

4. Please maintain the decorum of the forum,

Amen and Peace,

Visa Number Issue

Jackolantern,
There must be some system to find the Visa number for country like BAHRAIN . There are only eight employment based adjustments of status in fiscal year 2006 for Bahrain and that counts to less than one percent of visa numbers consumed according to percentage available for the particular country.The visa number should not be current under te circumstances? Please put some light.
Thanks

( they set the dates based on the I-485 applications they expect to be coming in, not on actual data taken from the I-140s in their hands. So it's just a big bunch of guesswork (like our guesswork trying to predict the dates! :eek: ), and last year they guessed wrong to the extent of 11000 unused green cards.
)

That is the key ..

Ultimately none of these guys can move anything. If I need any advice will go to a lawyer.[/QUOTE said:
nyc8300,

The above comment says it all. That is the key. No matter what we might say, analyze or speculate. Ultimately, most of us are just immigrants stuck in this process with little clue as to what might happen next.

As for the king comment, that was funny. Whatever makes you laugh I guess :)

cheers,

saras

Saras is the new king on this forum.
Long Live the new king!

I have always felt that Saras's comments help me more than UN's. I always look over Saras's comments, sometimes stop to look what UN said. UN! you waste my time....Techy's comments are probably the best.:p :p

Ultimately none of these guys can move anything. If I need any advice will go to a lawyer.
nope all we need is reality check..........that this GC may go nowhere even after a wait of 4-8 years....

till we have an alternate to GC.......we will keep whining and bitching........and hoping that by some stroke of luck we will get it.....

and of course pounce on someone who tries to show some light.....

nope all we need is reality check..........that this GC may go nowhere even after a wait of 4-8 years....

till we have an alternate to GC.......we will keep whining and bitching........and hoping that by some stroke of luck we will get it.....

and of course pounce on someone who tries to show some light.....

Techy we all know that this process is going to take very long, 4-8 years can also be optimistic. Nobody is expecting a miracle until and unless there are legislative changes on various fronts.
Here everybody is trying to speculate or read into bulletins and statistics.
Again this being a free, public forum everybody can voice their views which can be at 2 different end of the spectrum..

That being said nobody can for definitely say I am right, most knowledgeable, smart, too good for you etc. and you guys are dumbos, useless on a forum. And then going ahead and deleting all the posts. This behaviour is like a child throwing a tantrum.

People be polite and put forward your point. I don't think this is asking for too much.

Jackolantern,
There must be some system to find the Visa number for country like BAHRAIN . There are only eight employment based adjustments of status in fiscal year 2006 for Bahrain and that counts to less than one percent of visa numbers consumed according to percentage available for the particular country.The visa number should not be current under te circumstances? Please put some light.
Thanks
If a country is using less than 7% of the employment-based quota (140,000 total for all EB categories), it gets lumped into the rest-of-the-world pool. Then whether you are current depends on the worldwide number of applicants compared to the global quota. Whether you are from Bahrain, Canada, Japan, or Australia it's all the same for the purposes of priority dates. Mexico, China, India, Philippines have applicants that would use up more than 7%, so the dates are set separately for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Techy we all know that this process is going to take very long, 4-8 years can also be optimistic. Nobody is expecting a miracle until and unless there are legislative changes on various fronts.
Again this being a free, public forum everybody can voice their views which can be at 2 different end of the spectrum..

That being said nobody can for definitely say I am right, most knowledgeable, smart, too good for you etc. and you guys are dumbos, useless on a forum. And then going ahead and deleting all the posts. This behaviour is like a child throwing a tantrum.

People be polite and put forward your point. I don't think this is asking for too much.
i agree UN lost his cool and deleted his posts......thats too bad..

i agree UN lost his cool and deleted his posts......thats too bad..

I think it was more to do with his arrogance. MAYBE he knows little more than many of us but certainly less than a qualified lawyer. I think reputed lawyers charge around 250$ per hr and someone said UN wants 500 per hr. I think a person who is out of his mind would pay 500. also the basic funda of internet is that dont trust what a person says ..i.e xyz can claim tomorrow that he was a ceo of microsoft, has millions in bank, married to paris hilton blah blah..few years with this attitude and he would have thought that he is ajmeri baba of immigration :D. to stick with this topic ..I feel immigration reform wont pass this year

I think it was more to do with his arrogance. MAYBE he knows little more than many of us but certainly less than a qualified lawyer. I think reputed lawyers charge around 250$ per hr and someone said UN wants 500 per hr. I think a person who is out of his mind would pay 500. also the basic funda of internet is that dont trust what a person says ..i.e xyz can claim tomorrow that he was a ceo of microsoft, has millions in bank, married to paris hilton blah blah..few years with this attitude and he would have thought that he is ajmeri baba of immigration :D. to stick with this topic ..I feel immigration reform wont pass this year
there goes one more hater of a better than self......

come on dude.....u need to redefine arrogance.......if i was to call a trash a trash.......thats not arroganance....thats simply the facts put straight without embellishment.....u can call it rude.....but hey this is no popularity contest......

you think lawyers know more than UN (or some one like us facing the problem ourself and have researched and digested tons of information).........maybe u have a good attorney who cares for his client not the money.....

whatever it is it does not matter........i will just request UN to skip this retrogression sub forum..........and answer questions elsewhere......this is a place for frustrated souls......

Like the DEAN of MIT

the basic funda of internet is that dont trust what a person says ..i.e xyz can claim tomorrow that he was a ceo of microsoft, has millions in bank, married to paris hilton blah blah..few years with this attitude and he would have thought that he is ajmeri baba of immigration

Like the DEAN of MIT ... who fabricated her academic credentials to get the job.... On her resume, she had degrees from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Union College, and Albany Medical College, all in New York State. She does not have a degree from any of them.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/04/27/mit_dean_quits_over_fabricated_credentials/

I am not sure if you are right. I think UN was harassed many times, I knew someday would come when he would simply quit passing information.

Just because his suggestions did not help me or you, it does not mean they were simply useless. I personally can say that many I-140s were approved because of his detailed information. I think all that information is gone now.

Maybe now people would have to first go to the attorneys and get them clarified, there would be no relief for knowing the information also.

Unitednations should be invited to immigrationvoice.org forums. The discussions are moderated there and hecklers are barred. I think some members on this forum got rude with him and he also lost his cool. Ultimately it is a loss for everyone and we lost valuable knowledge we were getting for free.
ya....i know how much time UN will last over there........with IV being run by the core group as their personal forum with a fixed agenda.........and no talks of any alternate ideas....

dont even debate on anything which they are backing up......they think that it is bad for morale......they think their followers are all sheeps...and they will be scared if we talk anything negative....

I am not sure if you are right. I think UN was harassed many times, I knew someday would come when he would simply quit passing information.

Just because his suggestions did not help me or you, it does not mean they were simply useless. I personally can say that many I-140s were approved because of his detailed information. I think all that information is gone now.

Maybe now people would have to first go to the attorneys and get them clarified, there would be no relief for knowing the information also.

i dont think its end of the world........there are still some good folks like ginnu, realcanadian, greatguru etc.....who are helping folks with questions.....

if anyone knows UN email please publish it....so that i can keep it handy in case i have any more complex legal questions...

frankly i come to these forums mostly for killing time.........not that i dont answer questions........i am not aware of too many issues like UN and Ginnu are ......

i hope i will find something else once i get my GC......till then......sorry u will have to bear me...

i dont think its end of the world........there are still some good folks like ginnu, realcanadian, greatguru etc.....who are helping folks with questions.....

if anyone knows UN email please publish it....so that i can keep it handy in case i have any more complex legal questions...

frankly i come to these forums mostly for killing time.........not that i dont answer questions........i am not aware of too many issues like UN and Ginnu are ......

i hope i will find something else once i get my GC......till then......sorry u will have to bear me...

No problem Techy......your.....dots....and ......dashes.......are............always........wellcome.
I agree, this is a good place to kill time and learn a few things as well. What better to do than post silly polls till I get paged :)))

indian_gc_ocean,

I don't think country quotas are going to be relaxed anytime soon. The quotas will not go away until EB3 ROW becomes current.

Any movement that may occur this summer will be due to aniticpated demand not meeting real demand. The most likely scenario is that DHS will keep moving EB3 ROW till they see a huge surge in 485's being filed or becoming current. Forward movement will depend on demand within EB3 ROW. As for the rest of the categories, its anyones guess. India EB3 may move a bit (I hope anyway). Not sure what the deal is with India EB2.

cheers,

saras

Well, I am not thinking about row eb3 becoming current even though that is the most likely direction.

I just remebered the following quote from a past visa bulletin.
The AC21 removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available.
During FY-2006, due to anticipated heavy demand, the AC21 provisions are not expected to apply, and the amount of Employment numbers available to any single country will be subject to the 7% cap.

Looking at the last months visa bulletin and murthy's news letter I just looked into the possibility of USCIS applying AC21 for the last quarter of the year in a way to relax country limit.

I guess you are right these interpretations are very old and I doubt USCIS goes the same route now. As one of the lawyers said we cannot be more liberal than USCIS in interpreting AC21 or any other law.

Atleast any movement should help lot of people to get their EADs.

Its possible but unlikely ..

Well, I am not thinking about row eb3 becoming current even though that is the most likely direction.

I just remebered the following quote from a past visa bulletin.
The AC21 removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available.
During FY-2006, due to anticipated heavy demand, the AC21 provisions are not expected to apply, and the amount of Employment numbers available to any single country will be subject to the 7% cap.

Looking at the last months visa bulletin and murthy's news letter I just looked into the possibility of USCIS applying AC21 for the last quarter of the year in a way to relax country limit.

I guess you are right these interpretations are very old and I doubt USCIS goes the same route now. As one of the lawyers said we cannot be more liberal than USCIS in interpreting AC21 or any other law.

Atleast any movement should help lot of people to get their EADs.

indian_gc_ocean,

It would be great if they applied the AC-21 provision but they won't do so till EB3 ROW becomes current. They cannot justify implementation of AC-21 with EB3 ROW being retrogressed.

regards,

saras

:(
my pd is Nov 2005, EB3, ROW..

any takes as to how soon I may start hoping to apply for I-485?:cool:

P.S. don;t dare to hope it will be any time soon, perhaps 2 more years of wait...:confused:

What do you guys think?:confused: :confused:

:(
my pd is Nov 2005, EB3, ROW..

any takes as to how soon I may start hoping to apply for I-485?:cool:

P.S. don;t dare to hope it will be any time soon, perhaps 2 more years of wait...:confused:

What do you guys think?:confused: :confused:

My guess: 3-4 months. I believe they are going to make EB3 ROW as current in next 6 months.

Good luck.