June 2012 N-400 Tracker

FP is done a month ago

Hi,

Did you get some notifications (SMS/email?) when your status changed or did you check this online? I got my FP done last week and not seen any status update on mine and was wondering if I will get any notification or do I need to check the online status every day?

Thanks

My wife has comepleted her FP a month ago and nothing has changed on her applicaion. If you want, you can keeping checking your status like we have been doing. :)
I am thinking of stop checking for couple of weeks...

I did not received any email notification after my FP..four days after my FP, online message changed

Hi,

Did you get some notifications (SMS/email?) when your status changed or did you check this online? I got my FP done last week and not seen any status update on mine and was wondering if I will get any notification or do I need to check the online status every day?

Thanks

supply_demand,
I did not received any email notification after my FP neither my on-line message changed after FP. However, once in a day, I was checking on-line "status" of my case. Four days after my FP, I saw my on-line case status was changed to - "My case is In line for interview and will notified place & time when to have your interview...etc..etc" and I also received email notification. After this message, I received actual "Interview letter" letter in mail after 4 days.

My DO in Columbus, OH, what is yours? If you feel you have waited enough after FP, then call CSR & check whats going on your case!!

Do you intend you/your spouse to have citizenship before your daughter turns 18?

Hi Malia,
Thanks for your response.
My daughter will be 18 in Jan 13. If USCIS delays my wife's N-400 application, that will have adverse affect on my daughter's citizenship. In order to explain the situation to DO office of USCIS, I would like to take an appointment. I want to do that once N-400 documents reaches DO office.

Do you intend you/your spouse to have citizenship before your daughter turns 18? Looking at your PD, I think you will get your citizenship by Jan 2013 because usual N-400 time line is 4-5 months. However, you are from Baltimore, not sure why its taking long time for your FP validations...

You did your FP last week, so hold the breath for couple of days...It too early to speculate that whether FBI, FP check for your case got "Hit". Bettre wait for couple of days more then you call CSR then go and visit to your DO by taking info pass.

Good Luck!!!

apprehension wseriver

supply_demand,
I did not received any email notification after my FP neither my on-line message changed after FP. However, once in a day, I was checking on-line "status" of my case. Four days after my FP, I saw my on-line case status was changed to - "My case is In line for interview and will notified place & time when to have your interview...etc..etc" and I also received email notification. After this message, I received actual "Interview letter" letter in mail after 4 days.

My DO in Columbus, OH, what is yours? If you feel you have waited enough after FP, then call CSR & check whats going on your case!!

My DO is San Jose. Looks like SJ DO is taking a much longer time to get to the next stage.

FP is completed a month ago

Do you intend you/your spouse to have citizenship before your daughter turns 18? Looking at your PD, I think you will get your citizenship by Jan 2013 because usual N-400 time line is 4-5 months. However, you are from Baltimore, not sure why its taking long time for your FP validations...

You did your FP last week, so hold the breath for couple of days...It too early to speculate that whether FBI, FP check for your case got "Hit". Bettre wait for couple of days more then you call CSR then go and visit to your DO by taking info pass.

Good Luck!!!

Malia,
Thanks for your response.

I did not do my FP. Actually I have not even applied for my N-400. The only N-400 application pending is my wife's. My wife did her FP a month ago on 6/26/2012 and not a week ago.

Yes, my wife intend to have her citizenship before our daughter turns 18. Otherwise our daugter will likely to get struck in her I-485 approval.
Our daughter is having adverse effect on her college education and in her scholorships.

We have already called CSR once. CSR asked us to call back once my wife completes her 5 years of time in her GC. We are not satisfied with that.
Now we are waiting for N-400 application to be transferred to DO office which is Baltimore. Once the application reaches DO office, we are looking to have InfoPass appointment to expain them the situation in person.

already one month is over after FP then...check whether your spouse is stuck in FBI check...

Malia,
We have already called CSR once. CSR asked us to call back once my wife completes her 5 years of time in her GC. We are not satisfied with that.
Now we are waiting for N-400 application to be transferred to DO office which is Baltimore. Once the application reaches DO office, we are looking to have InfoPass appointment to expain them the situation in person.

I got the catch you are talking about I-485 of your daughter & education/career...Sorry, to say but if already one month is over after FP then...check whether your spouse is stuck in FBI check.

What is the process to check whether FBI name is cleared or not!

I got the catch you are talking about I-485 of your daughter & education/career...Sorry, to say but if already one month is over after FP then...check whether your spouse is stuck in FBI check.

Thanks again. How can I check that whether FBI is cleared or not!

Adding myself to this tracker

Adding my info to this tracker, mailed application June 29/12. My field office is Atlanta, GA.

01/03/2003: GC
06/29/12: N-400 mailed to Dallas via Priority Mail
07/03/12: N-400 priority date (Day 4)
07/6/12: Check cashed (Day 7)
07/10/12: NOA recvd (Day 11)
07/13/12: FP notice mailed (Per website - Day 14)
07/16/12: FP notice recvd (Day 17 - Scheduled for 8/8)
07/26/12: FP done - Early walk-in. (Day 27)
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

I was in the vicinity of the Biometrics office on other business, and brought my paperwork in case I had time to stop by to try for a walk-in. I was taken 13 days early (nice staff in the ATL Biometrics office!)

Anyone know how long it takes to get into the queue for Interview after fingerprints are done? I'm impatient ;)

Grashoppr

Did you get your IL?

SC: Phoenix, AZ; DO: San Jose, CA
06/09/12: N-400 mailed
06/11/12: Priority Date
06/14/12: Checks cashed
06/19/12: NOA recvd
07/02/12: FP notice
07/06/12: FP Done (walk-in); Scheduled; 7/27
07/23/12: Scheduled for interview after being in line for interview scheduling for a few hours
mm/dd : IL recvd
mm/dd : Interview
mm/dd : Oath

How soon is the IL scheduled? I am wondering about the time lag between being scheduled and when the interview is actually scheduled.

I think the time between FP/IL/Interview can vary greatly between field offices. At least from what I've seen on various sites/trackers.

Grashoppr

I used to see FBI# on I-485 forum but I don't remember it now..sorry...pl check I-485 forum

Thanks again. How can I check that whether FBI is cleared or not!

I used to see FBI# on I-485 forum but I don't remember it now. Anybody know FBI# to check FBI status, will you pl respond?

FBI has responded to USCIS within the same day

Call FBI at 304-625 5590. Menus 2 and 9.

Thanks Jackal and others for your response.

We have called FBI today. As per FBI, FBI has cleared the name check on the day my wife did her FP which means in the evening of 06/26/2012.
This is indicating that DO office is holding the application waiting to submit the application for the interview queue.
I am just waiting to have documentation indicating that case is transferred to DO office to take InfoPass appointment to discuss about our situation.

What kind of documentation are you looking for?

"I am just waiting to have documentation indicating that case is transferred to DO office to take InfoPass appointment to discuss about our situation."

Is there a specific kind of documentation that yo are looking to get? How can we get that?

Did you have to tell them any reason for wanting to do the walk-in FP? What time of the day did you go to the DO? Thanks.

I don't know about other DO's but will share my experience in Columbus, OH. I just walk in the office carrying my FP letter & DL. Lady on the counter handed over me the form to fill-up. When I handed over my filled up form back to her, she did not ask me to "pull" the number but she told me that as I am not scheduled for FP, I have to wait till the person who have FP appointment get finishes their FP and whenever scheduled FP's are done, I will be called. I went around 12.45 pm. was waiting for around half hour and was called around 1.15 pm and was out by 1.30 pm. There were two guys taking FP that day and was very happy that I was out within 45 minutes.

Update

Received the interview letter.

07/26/12 : IL recvd (Interview on 8/27)

Last edited by a moderator:
Received the interview letter.

07/26/12 : IL recvd (Interview on 8/27)

Congrats - things are moving quickly for you.

I had an easy experience doing walk-in FP in ATL. Appointment was for 8/8. I was in the area on 7/26, so I went there with my GC and appointment letter. It was a quiet day, hardly anyone there and workers idle, so I was in and out in about 15 minutes. I just explained to the security guard that I was nearby and thought I'd see, and he said it was my lucky day because it was quiet (I've heard mixed reviews about getting walk-ins in ATL). Everybody was very nice, and I think it helps to be nice about it too - don't go in with the attitude of expectation - go in with the attitude that you'd be very appreciative if they can fit you in. :)

Grashoppr

Update.

Thanks. Mine appears to be quite typical nowadays if you go for walk-in fingerprinting.

I too had a pleasant experience in San Jose. It was a Friday afternoon around 3.30pm and there was only one couple there at that time. I did not even have to do any explanation.

Congrats - things are moving quickly for you.

I had an easy experience doing walk-in FP in ATL. Appointment was for 8/8. I was in the area on 7/26, so I went there with my GC and appointment letter. It was a quiet day, hardly anyone there and workers idle, so I was in and out in about 15 minutes. I just explained to the security guard that I was nearby and thought I'd see, and he said it was my lucky day because it was quiet (I've heard mixed reviews about getting walk-ins in ATL). Everybody was very nice, and I think it helps to be nice about it too - don't go in with the attitude of expectation - go in with the attitude that you'd be very appreciative if they can fit you in. :)

Grashoppr

I don't know about other DO's but will share my experience in Columbus, OH. I just walk in the office carrying my FP letter & DL. Lady on the counter handed over me the form to fill-up. When I handed over my filled up form back to her, she did not ask me to "pull" the number but she told me that as I am not scheduled for FP, I have to wait till the person who have FP appointment get finishes their FP and whenever scheduled FP's are done, I will be called. I went around 12.45 pm. was waiting for around half hour and was called around 1.15 pm and was out by 1.30 pm. There were two guys taking FP that day and was very happy that I was out within 45 minutes.

Thanks. Please keep us posted about your interview experience:)