June 2012 N-400 Tracker

Walk in FP at Hicksville ASC

Just wanted to update that I successfully did a walk-in FP at the Hicksville ASC this morning. Only one person ahead of me, in and out in less than 20 minutes. I was told to expect an update in the next two weeks but who knows? :D I've updated my signature...

After completing the FP last week, the status just changed to "Placed in line for interview scheduling". Let's see when I actually get the interview letter/date. Hoping soon.

For some I've seen the letter being generated within days and for some, takes over a month. Any theories on that? Does one have to fully complete the 5 year anniversary of GC approval, before they see this letter? My 5 year completes in 5 years as my actual card mentions 6/25/07 as my GC date.

Any theories out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
For some I've seen the letter being generated within days and for some, takes over a month. Any theories on that? Does one have to fully complete the 5 year anniversary of GC approval, before they see this letter? My 5 year completes in 5 days as my actual card mentions 6/25/07 as my GC date.

Any theories out there?

My theory is that it has everything to do with the workload of your specific DO. I was in-line for interview for almost 2 months without any GC anniversary approval limitations.

After completing the FP last week, the status just changed to "Placed in line for interview scheduling". Let's see when I actually get the interview letter/date. Hoping soon.

For some I've seen the letter being generated within days and for some, takes over a month. Any theories on that? Does one have to fully complete the 5 year anniversary of GC approval, before they see this letter? My 5 year completes in 5 years as my actual card mentions 6/25/07 as my GC date.

Any theories out there?

Me and my wife did FP the same day (6/14), she already got the interview letter, but I am still in initial review, no status change. Can I request for interview the same day for both of us? anyone has done before? Otherwise I have to drive twice (is 1.5h drive from my place- interview ) and the Oath is almost 3h drive (both are in two different city).

My theory is that it has everything to do with the workload of your specific DO. I was in-line for interview for almost 2 months without any GC anniversary approval limitations.

Yeah, you just might be right. I was just curious enough to gather opinion. I'm in Washington DC DO, which is not really considered a fast mover..but I'll keep my hopes up :)

Me and my wife did FP the same day (6/14), she already got the interview letter, but I am still in initial review, no status change. Can I request for interview the same day for both of us? anyone has done before? Otherwise I have to drive twice (is 1.5h drive from my place- interview ) and the Oath is almost 3h drive (both are in two different city).

I'm sure they might consider it if you request it. But there is no guarantee. But would you really want to slow her from getting the citizenship if hers is going to be about a month faster than yours? I'd rather make the two trips and not let anything come in the way of her getting taking the interview/oath. If we were talking about a week or two for sure, it might make sense. But your interview is not even scheduled....just something to think about...

Actually, on 2nd thought...don't think you can change anything or (its surely not advised) to mess with interview date at all. Oath maybe but not interview. Reading from other threads....make the two trips.

One more thing, I'll add is that I've read on the forum that most of the times, USCIS tries to schedule interviews on the same day for the family. Even though your case has not been touched upon FP, it just might happen that when it's looked at, you might get the same interview date as your spouse, without even requesting it. Don't loose hope just yet.

I'm sure they might consider it if you request it. But there is no guarantee. But would you really want to slow her from getting the citizenship if hers is going to be about a month faster than yours? I'd rather make the two trips and not let anything come in the way of her getting taking the interview/oath. If we were talking about a week or two for sure, it might make sense. But your interview is not even scheduled....just something to think about...

Actually, on 2nd thought...don't think you can change anything or (its surely not advised) to mess with interview date at all. Oath maybe but not interview. Reading from other threads....make the two trips.

Thanks dcmetro, It is true that I am not inline for interview. I do not know what is holding my application? we both have the same priority date too and was cleared (FBI FP check).

An update: FP notice received.

My spouse case.

GC-EB1EA-Dependent-August 2007
06/11/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ (Day 0)
06/12/12: Package delivered (Day 1)
06/14/12: Received and routed to NBC (Email notification) (Day 3)
06/16/12: NOA Received (Day 5)
06/19/12: FP notice sent (Day 8)
06/23/12: FP notice Recd. for July 13 (Day 12)

Submitted N-400 ..forgot to write Name & A# on back of passport photos..

Guys,
I sent my N-400 and fogot to mention A# and Name on back of passport photo's, will it pose any problems?

Also, I sent "Cashiers" check and not personal check, therefore, not sure how to track my cashiers checks are en-cashed by USCIS which will also confirm that my photo issue is not a problem and my application is processed. I sent application was received bu USCIS on June 20 and just waiting for email notification...!!

should not be an issue

Guys,
I sent my N-400 and fogot to mention A# and Name on back of passport photo's, will it pose any problems?

Also, I sent "Cashiers" check and not personal check, therefore, not sure how to track my cashiers checks are en-cashed by USCIS which will also confirm that my photo issue is not a problem and my application is processed. I sent application was received bu USCIS on June 20 and just waiting for email notification...!!

I think that should not cause issues...

Guys,

You should be fine. Did you fill out the form G-1145 to get email/text notification? If not, then you'd have to wait for a letter confirmation for the case numbers and then register online.

Placed in line for interview scheduling

Received email today that I am placed in line for interview scheduling. My online case status has moved to "Testing and Interview". Signature updated.

Yes, I did fill out G-1145 to get email notification

You should be fine. Did you fill out the form G-1145 to get email/text notification? If not, then you'd have to wait for a letter confirmation for the case numbers and then register online.

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, I did fill out G-1145 to get email notification. Also, USCIS received my papers on 06/20, I am keeping cool and waiting patiently!!

GC Date

Received email today that I am placed in line for interview scheduling. My online case status has moved to "Testing and Interview". Signature updated.

What is your GC date! It seems your's is the fastest moving case.

My GC date

I am resident since Aug 11 2005. Could have applied in 2008 since my GC was based on marriage to a US citizen. I'm just late in applying for my US Citizenship, got distracted by my kids being born in 2008 and 2010 and didn't get around to it until my wife kicked me in the butt to get it done :-D

FP Completed

Today my wife has completed her finger printing. This was a walk-in FP. Initially, ASC staff is not interested walk-ins but they are nice people.
Please see my signature for details.

Three N-400 applications sent in one packet, kids got Acceptanve & FP notice..

In one big envelope, I put 3 more envelopes for three N-400 forms for me & two kids. Today, we received acceptance for both kids, aslo on line update shows FP notice for both kids have been sent.

However, I did not received any acceptance NOA for my case. I know there are three N-400 applications, so USCIS will process them separately but is it common thing that one case like my can be "singled out" and will receive NOA after few days later? ANy clues?

In one big envelope, I put 3 more envelopes for three N-400 forms for me & two kids. Today, we received acceptance for both kids, aslo on line update shows FP notice for both kids have been sent.

However, I did not received any acceptance NOA for my case. I know there are three N-400 applications, so USCIS will process them separately but is it common thing that one case like my can be "singled out" and will receive NOA after few days later? ANy clues?

You filled three G-1145 forms for notification? If so, yes you should receive three notifications. I'm sure yours will follow soon. In some cases I've read that acceptance letter comes before updates...who knows why. Good luck.

Congrats Madgu-GC

An update:

My spouse case.

GC-EB1EA-Dependent-August 2007
06/11/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ (Day 0)
06/12/12: Package delivered (Day 1)
06/14/12: Received and routed to NBC (Email notification) (Day 3)
06/16/12: NOA Received (Day 5)

See some familiar names now from our GC application days. Congrats Madgu-GC.

You filled three G-1145 forms for notification? If so, yes you should receive three notifications. I'm sure yours will follow soon. In some cases I've read that acceptance letter comes before updates...who knows why. Good luck.

dcmetro, thanks for your inputs. I filled three G-1145 forms for email/text notification and did not received any email notification to anyone of us. What I am saying that though I sent three envelops (in one big envelope), only N-400 forms of my 2 kids are processed and they got NOA thru USPS mail and I did not received any NOA thru USPS or neither thru email notification though I filled G-1145. So, USCIS received three N-400 and they processed N-400 of my kids & I was singled out...hope, I will get NOA in USPS within next couple of days.