June 2011 Filers

hi dantuin, no i have only one passaport but its with my single name, but i applied with my married name, and i dont know if i need to get a new passport with the new name to take to the interview. but i have a drivers license with my new name. thanks for responding.

Mauilani, I have kind of similar situation with the passport - I have a passport on my maiden name, but I applied for a green card with my married name since my marriage certificate allows me to use my husband's last name. I didn't know that passport will be stamped during the interview - now I am worried. I was planning on changing my passport after getting a green card, because my native's country consulate doesn't allow changing names while here in the United States unless the person has permanent residency. I guess we'll wait and see how it goes.
Congratulations on your fingerprints! :)

Mauilani, I have kind of similar situation with the passport - I have a passport on my maiden name, but I applied for a green card with my married name since my marriage certificate allows me to use my husband's last name. I didn't know that passport will be stamped during the interview - now I am worried. I was planning on changing my passport after getting a green card, because my native's country consulate doesn't allow changing names while here in the United States unless the person has permanent residency. I guess we'll wait and see how it goes.
Congratulations on your fingerprints! :)

Officers rarely stamp passports anymore at the interview phase. By them stamping in your passport it means that you have been approved, and in a good number of cases it might not be feasable to, or they cant, approve on the spot. When my wife got approved the officer told us that she was going to make a recomnedation for approval to her supervisor, and we didn't receive a stamp but we did receive a card prodcution email later that evening.

Lately I have been reading that the stamping is only when the case can be approved on the spot AND when the applicant shows there is a need to travel outside fo the US within the next couple of weeks.

I have kind of similar situation with the passport - I have a passport on my maiden name, but I applied for a green card with my married name since my marriage certificate allows me to use my husband's last name.

Ha I didn't know that, for some reason I thought I can start using my married name only after I exchange the passport and other docs.. I didn't know I could file with the married name. I am truly a rookie in this process lol :)

Congrats Temmi!
Never checked my I131 status. Today found that it's on post decision status already. My AP (travel document) was mailed today. Not sure whether is an EAD and AP combined card since my I765 was not updated online. But will know this weekend when i received the mail. :)

Ha I didn't know that, for some reason I thought I can start using my married name only after I exchange the passport and other docs.. I didn't know I could file with the married name. I am truly a rookie in this process lol :)

yes as far as i know as soon you update your name with SSN and driver's license you can go to the bank and change names....well i did that and now I use just my married name. :)...

today i got a letter from USCIS for request of evidence :(

Hey Guys.....

Quick Update:Got my interview notice today! Date is September 7.

Congratulations!!!!

Officers rarely stamp passports anymore at the interview phase. By them stamping in your passport it means that you have been approved, and in a good number of cases it might not be feasable to, or they cant, approve on the spot. When my wife got approved the officer told us that she was going to make a recomnedation for approval to her supervisor, and we didn't receive a stamp but we did receive a card prodcution email later that evening.

Lately I have been reading that the stamping is only when the case can be approved on the spot AND when the applicant shows there is a need to travel outside fo the US within the next couple of weeks.

That's so good to know! Thank you very much for the explanation! Now I can stop worrying about it ;)

;)

Congrats Temmi!
Never checked my I131 status. Today found that it's on post decision status already. My AP (travel document) was mailed today. Not sure whether is an EAD and AP combined card since my I765 was not updated online. But will know this weekend when i received the mail. :)

Congratulations!!!!

yes as far as i know as soon you update your name with SSN and driver's license you can go to the bank and change names....well i did that and now I use just my married name. :)...

:mad: But don't you worry - you'll resolve this issue in no time!

hi all, another question...

my RFE is about the form I-864 because my papers didn't meet the 125%, so now I'm getting a joint sponsor, but i still have to send my husband's papers once they don't meet the incomes or just the sponsor.... I am so stress out with immigration already...

hi all, another question...

my RFE is about the form I-864 because my papers didn't meet the 125%, so now I'm getting a joint sponsor, but i still have to send my husband's papers once they don't meet the incomes or just the sponsor.... I am so stress out with immigration already...

I would definitely send your husband's papers AGAIN + the actual form + joint sponsor's papers. It never hurts to give them all the information just in case, you know. Good luck!

Well I guess now I'm gonna wait for after the interview then exchange all at once since I already filed with the unmarried name.
Now I have a question - will I be able to ask them to issue the GC (I need to get approved first, I know :p) in the new name or will it be automatically in the name I applied with (i.e. maiden name)?

Sorry to hear that but it's always better to hear from them than hear nothing at all, that means your case is moving, we all need to be optimists in this bumpy process, good luck! :)

I would definitely send your husband's papers AGAIN + the actual form + joint sponsor's papers. It never hurts to give them all the information just in case, you know. Good luck!

2much2handle thanks. that's true, it's better send all the papers again + joint sponsor...

Well I guess now I'm gonna wait for after the interview then exchange all at once since I already filed with the unmarried name.
Now I have a question - will I be able to ask them to issue the GC (I need to get approved first, I know :p) in the new name or will it be automatically in the name I applied with (i.e. maiden name)?

Sorry to hear that but it's always better to hear from them than hear nothing at all, that means your case is moving, we all need to be optimists in this bumpy process, good luck! :)

well i think you can take your marriage certificate to the interview and ask them to change your name, I think so...
yeah it's ok hear from them, but it's stressful once I can't work and now the case it's holding on there ;( but I will be fine I hope so :)

Getting ready for the interview....did I need to make copies of the forms I submitted (I-485, I-130 etc) to bring to the interview? I am reading a lot of people make copies before sending it but I didn't make any copies :(

Although USCIS is notorious for losing documents, they wouldn't invite you for an interview if they did not have copies of the official forms. Make sure you have copies of the required evidence tho.

Getting ready for the interview....did I need to make copies of the forms I submitted (I-485, I-130 etc) to bring to the interview? I am reading a lot of people make copies before sending it but I didn't make any copies :(