June 2011 Filers

Thank you, 2much2handle!
Yes, you will not get the EAD if you did not apply for it. Why didn't you?

velvet tuberose, congratulations!
So if I didn't sent in my I-765 this means that I will not be getting EAD? I'm so confused.

sfbay1, congratulations to you as well! We have interview scheduled for the same day!
If I were you, I would definitely NOT reschedule your interview date! It is not an emergency and if you can - don't risk it. First of all, I think you shouldn't plan any abroad travels for the period of time when you are in the process of getting your green card. It's not such a long process and if everything goes smooth it doesn't take longer than 5-6 months (and often even shorter).
I understand that paying couple hundreds of $ doesn't sound like alot of fun to you, but I would definitely consider staying in the country for the interview. Just saying.
Good luck with whatever you'll decide!

Thank you, 2much2handle!
Yes, you will not get the EAD if you did not apply for it. Why didn't you?

Thank you for your answer!
I didn't sent in form I-765 because I figured out that only those people who want to start working as soon as possible need to send it (this way you get your permition for working faster, right?). Because I'm taking care of our 2 little kids and I am full-time nursing student I knew/know that I will not be able to/will not have to work for the next 2 years anyway, so I just didn't fill out that form. And now I can see that lots of people on our thread are moving towards getting EAD and I was just wondering if this is also the next step for me. But now I understand. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get my green card and that's when I get automatic permition to work, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be worried about that, 2much2handle. You will have the green card very soon and then you can go ahead any apply for jobs.With the green card, you will not have any restrictions as far as work concerned. It's not like when you are on work visa(H1B) and are bound to the institution that have applied for your visa. With green card you can work whenever you want.
I had applied for the EAD because I wanted to go to work before the green card arrived. I have stayed home for a year so I had enough. I wanted to go back to work. As a matter of fact, I got a job. I am a special education teacher. I will begin working on August 9th. Hopefully, I'll have the EAD by then.

Thank you for your answer!
I didn't sent in form I-765 because I figured out that only those people who want to start working as soon as possible need to send it (this way you get your permition for working faster, right?). Because I'm taking care of our 2 little kids and I am full-time nursing student I knew/know that I will not be able to/will not have to work for the next 2 years anyway, so I just didn't fill out that form. And now I can see that lots of people on our thread are moving towards gettign EAD and I was just wondering if this is also the next step for me. But now I understand. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get my green card and that's when I get automatic permition to work, right?

FP done, nothing heard in 15 dear

dear all,

I filled for my greencard in june 2011 and had my fingerprinting done in sacramento at the 15th of July. Sadly I haven't heard anything since and my UCSIS status is still at 'Initial Review'.

Is there any way to get more informations? Since I saw that some people are already schedule for interviews at this point and had there fingerprinting done at the same day.

Thanks again!

theres nothing you can do at this point berlin. wait a month and if still nothing, call em up.

Thanks tuberose and 2much2handle for your advice. :) Yes, it'll be wise to cancel the airplane ticket. It's too much trouble and too risky to reschedule interview, especially if we are traveling abroad during that time.

thanks, we are just nervous since my work permit is going to expire September 1st (J1 visa currently)

Don't worry, berlinguyinca. You shall be able to get online update for your EAD on around Aug 15. I think you shall be able to receive the EAD card before your old one expires (sep 1). As long as you get your EAD card, you shall be fine. But i think you shall be able to get text/email for interview very soon, very likely this week.

dear all,

I filled for my greencard in june 2011 and had my fingerprinting done in sacramento at the 15th of July. Sadly I haven't heard anything since and my UCSIS status is still at 'Initial Review'.

Is there any way to get more informations? Since I saw that some people are already schedule for interviews at this point and had there fingerprinting done at the same day.

Thanks again!

I understand how you feel. My papers were received on the 13th of june, had my FP july 7th and I have yet to hear anything. I am so ready for at least the EAD!
We have to be patient. Hope we hear something soon :)

Hi, everyone!
Quick question:
Why did they order the production of my EAD twice?

Last week, on the 29th of July , it was posted on USCIS website at my case status that my EAD haD been ordered. Today, I have checked my case status again and it says":On August 3, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. "

What does this mean? I am confused. Could anyone shed some light on this matter?
Thank you in advance.

velvet_tuberose: That seems to be normal. They send out that same email once when its approved and then again when its mailed. (Though I recieved it thrice!)

Update: Got my interview notice today! Date is September 8. I changed my address online last thursday before moving, so I'm hoping to recieve my interview letter and EAD at my new address, and I REALLY hope the interview has been scheduled in Portland and not Phoenix where I was at the time of filing. Lets hope everything works out

Thank you for your answer, tortoise. I was about to panic.
As far as your interview, I think your interview will be in Portland once you have changed your address. Why don't you call customer services to find out?:)

velvet_tuberose: That seems to be normal. They send out that same email once when its approved and then again when its mailed. (Though I recieved it thrice!)

Update: Got my interview notice today! Date is September 8. I changed my address online last thursday before moving, so I'm hoping to recieve my interview letter and EAD at my new address, and I REALLY hope the interview has been scheduled in Portland and not Phoenix where I was at the time of filing. Lets hope everything works out

velvet_tuberose: Calling customer service to verify address changes is useless. They just say "if you have not received a notification at your new address within 45 days of the address change, THEN get back to us, but in the meantime there is NOTHING we can do". However, if I don't get my EAD and interview letter at my new address by next week I'll probably make an infopass to speak to someone in person.

I understand. I think that is the best solution. But I am sure you will receive sth. in the mail by next week.

velvet_tuberose: Calling customer service to verify address changes is useless. They just say "if you have not received a notification at your new address within 45 days of the address change, THEN get back to us, but in the meantime there is NOTHING we can do". However, if I don't get my EAD and interview letter at my new address by next week I'll probably make an infopass to speak to someone in person.

Hi, everyone!
Quick question:
Why did they order the production of my EAD twice?

Last week, on the 29th of July , it was posted on USCIS website at my case status that my EAD haD been ordered. Today, I have checked my case status again and it says":On August 3, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. "

What does this mean? I am confused. Could anyone shed some light on this matter?
Thank you in advance.
My husband got the same thing. One message on the 29, another one today!

Just an update...got my FP done today spent money with a flight for this to be done in less than 10min...wishing the interview would be the same...
and God bless all.

mahalo

Hi everyone I got a question...

I see some people saying that they got the passport stamped at the interview.. so I would like to know if the ladies they got that stamp on the old passport (maiden name) or if its on the new passport after change the name???? because i don't know if i need to get a new now or this can be postpone...mahalo

Hi everyone I got a question...

I see some people saying that they got the passport stamped at the interview.. so I would like to know if the ladies they got that stamp on the old passport (maiden name) or if its on the new passport after change the name???? because i don't know if i need to get a new now or this can be postpone...mahalo

Hi Mauilani, what do you mean? Do you have two passports with different names? Usually you surrender the old documents when you change your name and get new ones with the new name in it. I guess whichever one you have in hand at the time of interview that one you will present to them. As for me, I didn't change my name yet because I applied with my maiden name and don't want any confusion. I read somewhere on the forum - if approved at the interview, it is possible to request the GC to be issued with the married name, then based on that change the name on the remaining documents (sscard, driver's license etc.) but I don't know if it's true. Maybe someone else can elaborate?

Hi Mauilani, what do you mean? Do you have two passports with different names? Usually you surrender the old documents when you change your name and get new ones with the new name in it. I guess whichever one you have in hand at the time of interview that one you will present to them. As for me, I didn't change my name yet because I applied with my maiden name and don't want any confusion. I read somewhere on the forum - if approved at the interview, it is possible to request the GC to be issued with the married name, then based on that change the name on the remaining documents (sscard, driver's license etc.) but I don't know if it's true. Maybe someone else can elaborate?

hi dantuin, no i have only one passaport but its with my single name, but i applied with my married name, and i dont know if i need to get a new passport with the new name to take to the interview. but i have a drivers license with my new name. thanks for responding.