June 2011 Filers

dantuin, yay! Congratulations!!! It looks like we are moving at the same pace :) We had FP on the same day and our interviews are only 1 day apart! Way to go! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

@2much2handle: Thank you!! I was so hoping they wouldn't schedule for the week before August 29th since I plan to go out of town :)

@tortoise: Good luck, you will hear something soon!!! Maybe you should also call them to double check that the online address change went through, just to make sure :)

@sfbay1: Congrats!!

Congratulations to everyone on receiving their interview letters! I wish you all the best as you complete this process :)
I am still waiting to hear from them; every day brings new hope. I just have to be patient!

Hi Morty, on the letter, do you have the option to request a different interview date? Most likely i have to request that.

So I double check it and the only thing that I notice is that you have to call to 1-800-375-5283 as soon as you can. But they advice you to avoid it if you can.
So think twice, cut once :)

Wow woke up to a text message from USCIS saying my case has been updated. Upon checking online I find that my EAD is ordered!

This is SUCH a relief. My drivers license will expire soon (since it wad tied to my H1B expiration date) and we have a huge cross country move coming up in a few months! So now I can get a new DL thank god!

I just hope I get the EAD in hand alright soon.

Awesome! congratulations...you should receive your EAD in about 8 days.

Wow woke up to a text message from USCIS saying my case has been updated. Upon checking online I find that my EAD is ordered!

This is SUCH a relief. My drivers license will expire soon (since it wad tied to my H1B expiration date) and we have a huge cross country move coming up in a few months! So now I can get a new DL thank god!

I just hope I get the EAD in hand alright soon.

Thanks so much forjose. And congrats on your success!!!!! Did you not apply for EAD or did you just get your GC before it?

Quick update in my case.
I have done my fingerprints yesterday in Durham, NC.It took only 10 minutes and everybody at that application support center was very friendly. Hopefully, I will get the EAD within the next 3 weeks.
Does anybody know how long it takes them to issue it once the fingerprints were taken?

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.
day 57: 07/27/2011- fingerprints taken at Durham application support center

Last edited by a moderator:
Dantuin: Thanks! congrats to you,too!
Morty: Thanks very much! I will try to think twice. :p
Julias522: don't worry, you will get update soon. :)
forjose: congrats!!
tortoise: I also need EAD or GC to get a new DL. Mine will expire next month.
Velvet tuberose: according to my brief research, it usually takes around 60 days for EAD card production then another week to receive it. Since it's already day 58, so i think you will most likely get the email/text next week, if not tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Velvet tuberose: according to my brief research, it usually takes around 60 days for EAD card production then another week to receive it. Since it's already day 58, so i think you will most likely get the email/text next week, if not tomorrow.

Thank you, sfbay1, that would be awesome.:)

Mmm....things are moving fast out here. Congratulations to all of you that has got their interview notification or actual mail and to those who has their EAD in production.

Guys.....I have not received any NOA concern my I-765 after my FP. Anybody with the same situation?

(Rev. 01/19/11) Y

I had my entire package rejected because the form I-765 I sent in was missing all the way on the bottom right hand corner the document revision identifier "(Rev. 01/19/11) Y".

I can't believe how trivial a thing can set you back an entire month!

The footnote was partially missing because I used Apple Preview instead of Adobe to print out the document.

I sent it to my lawyer who obviously didn't pick up such an obscure change before sending it on to Chicago. He is now arguing that the document was correct notwithstanding the missing revision number and that I should not be set back the entire month.

day 0: June 28: mailed package;
day 2: June 30: package received;
day 24: July 22: Rejection letter issued;
day 29: July 27 Rejection received

tortoise, congratulations!

I had my entire package rejected because the form I-765 I sent in was missing all the way on the bottom right hand corner the document revision identifier "(Rev. 01/19/11) Y".

I can't believe how trivial a thing can set you back an entire month!

The footnote was partially missing because I used Apple Preview instead of Adobe to print out the document.

I sent it to my lawyer who obviously didn't pick up such an obscure change before sending it on to Chicago. He is now arguing that the document was correct notwithstanding the missing revision number and that I should not be set back the entire month.

day 0: June 28: mailed package;
day 2: June 30: package received;
day 24: July 22: Rejection letter issued;
day 29: July 27 Rejection received

I'm so sorry this happened to you! I was afraid that my package was going to be rejected because on one of the forms the entire barcode on the bottom was missing (my computer didn't print it out for some reason). But everything went well. I guess it depends on who is reviewing our packets :confused:
Good luck next time!

Hi everyone, congratulations to all for the interview...long time i have not been here.. and hope for all as well.

today i just got an email for request of evidence, now this is killing once they didn't say what it is on the email, and now is weekend... and the letter will come here just next week...

have a great weekend:) aloha!!!

Hello, everyone!
Quick update:
I just checked the USCIS website and they have ordered my EAD.
I am so happy!:):):)
Sfbay1, you were right.:)

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.
day 57: 07/27/2011- fingerprints taken at Durham application support center
day 59:07/29/2011- EAD ordered; should be in the mail soon:)

Congratulations tuberose! :)
I received the interview letter today for 08/29 and found the notice date is july 25. But the headache is: I've got plans to go abroad and booked tickets already. not sure whether i should cancel the airplane tickets with a few hundred dollars fine, or try to re-schedule the interview date, which is a little bit risky. :(

velvet tuberose, congratulations!
So if I didn't sent in my I-765 this means that I will not be getting EAD? I'm so confused.

I received the interview letter today for 08/29 and found the notice date is july 25. But the headache is: I've got plans to go abroad and booked tickets already. not sure whether i should cancel the airplane tickets with a few hundred dollars fine, or try to re-schedule the interview date, which is a little bit risky. :(

sfbay1, congratulations to you as well! We have interview scheduled for the same day!
If I were you, I would definitely NOT reschedule your interview date! It is not an emergency and if you can - don't risk it. First of all, I think you shouldn't plan any abroad travels for the period of time when you are in the process of getting your green card. It's not such a long process and if everything goes smooth it doesn't take longer than 5-6 months (and often even shorter).
I understand that paying couple hundreds of $ doesn't sound like alot of fun to you, but I would definitely consider staying in the country for the interview. Just saying.
Good luck with whatever you'll decide!

Hi everyone, congratulations to all for the interview...long time i have not been here.. and hope for all as well.

today i just got an email for request of evidence, now this is killing once they didn't say what it is on the email, and now is weekend... and the letter will come here just next week...

have a great weekend:) aloha!!!

Mauilani, I got request for evidence as well at the beginning of my GC process. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just make sure that you send them response ASAP, so they will not keep your case on hold for longer than it really has to be. Good luck and like I said - don't worry! Many people are getting requests for evidence and it's usually not a big deal.

I don't think so you have overstay because the day you sign your forms you are maintaining your status till they make decision on your AOS application. Besides, you can officially stay in US for 60 days since they day you are out of your status or in other words completion of your studies. However, even if they issue you AP don't go outside the country, why you want to mess it up(just in case for some reason they don't let you in!!) for just month or two as you waited for your GC so long already!!

Thanks!

Thank you,Sfbay!
I think you should wait to travel.Just cancel the trip. I think you can get your money back, can you not?
Don't reschedule the interview. After you get the green card,you'll have plenty of time for traveling. My opinion.:)