June 2011 Filers

August 5th EAD card production ordered woohooooo.......

Congratulations!!!

Getting ready for the interview....did I need to make copies of the forms I submitted (I-485, I-130 etc) to bring to the interview? I am reading a lot of people make copies before sending it but I didn't make any copies :(

Personally, I'm not goint to bring copies of I-485 and I-130 for the interview :) It wasn't on the checklist so I'm guessing we are all set. But even if we needed it - didn't you save forms on your computer? I have all my forms and I can print them out or look them up any time. Unless an attorney was doing everything for you or you didn't do it on the computer then it's different story. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about those 2 forms :)
I'm just taking all originals and copies of the documents I submitted with my packet + some additional documents and pictures to prove that our marriage is real. But honestly, I hope they will not question us since we have 2 children.
Good luck!

Although USCIS is notorious for losing documents, they wouldn't invite you for an interview if they did not have copies of the official forms. Make sure you have copies of the required evidence tho.

Thanks, ananga73. I have everything I sent, originals and copies, except the actual forms. I agree it doesn't make sense to bring them again because they are applications, they are not evidence. But I think I should have copied them just to look them over again to remember exactly what I put in them. For example, when filing a biographical form, I had to list all addresses for last 5 years. i moved around a few times and, for example, I moved in 2009 either within the last few days in may or the first week of june. I literally don't remember when I was moving and I don't remember what I put in the form - May or June. So now it's driving me crazy just not knowing what I put in the form. what if they ask me that question and I answer different than in the form. although it's probably a minor thing not to remember that, and of course I'm not going to mix up other info like dates, names etc. because I answered truthfully. but just for a peace of mind I wish I had that copy so that I wouldn't have to stress over it. :)

Personally, I'm not goint to bring copies of I-485 and I-130 for the interview :) It wasn't on the checklist so I'm guessing we are all set. But even if we needed it - didn't you save forms on your computer? I have all my forms and I can print them out or look them up any time. Unless an attorney was doing everything for you or you didn't do it on the computer then it's different story. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about those 2 forms :)
I'm just taking all originals and copies of the documents I submitted with my packet + some additional documents and pictures to prove that our marriage is real. But honestly, I hope they will not question us since we have 2 children.
Good luck!

Thanks for responding, 2much2handle. I filled all the forms by hand after printing them out, that's why I don't have copies saved on computer. I am actually only worried about one thing in the biographical form I don't remember which month I put in (as I explained above). But it is what it is..
Thanks for your comments guys, I hope I will be fine with all my additional docs and originals. I am obviously at the point of over analyzing things and stressing out, it's a "pre-interview syndrome" :)

Thank you all

I posted this earlier on thi thread
"My IL is the same it has the standard laundry list of stuff we already sent in. It is good to bring it all with you in case they wanna check the originals against the copies we sent in .

Or worst case scenario they lost something , then you have it right there to avoid any delays.I am sure we all feel the same way that even an extra day or two delay is too long at least i do lol...

To take it one step further make copies of all the required documents and bring BOTH original and copies with you.
Because just as the IL states if they need documents for their records they will keep ORIGINALS if needed .

I preffer to keep all originals with me ."

Better to be safe than get delayed for minor stuff or worst they ask to keep originals. Afterall copies are cheap and ez to do .

Hello,June people!
Quick update on my case: I have just received the EAD in the mail. Total happiness!:):):)
Waiting for the interview letter.

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.
day 57: 07/27/2011- fingerprints taken at Durham application support center
day 59:07/29/2011- EAD ordered; should be in the mail soon
day 67:08/06/2011- EAD received in the mail :)

a quick question my friends! USCIS received my paperwork on May 31. sent my an RFE on July 10th, I sent the response on July 15th. In the RFE it said that if my process will be on hold until I submit the response, it also mentioned that after the receive the missing document I will get my EAD within 90 days! Does the RFE reset the clock for the process? especially that I haven't heard anything from USCIS since I submitted the missing document!

Thanks

I don't think the RFE reset the clock. When calculating the 90 days, subtract the time between which the RFE was sent and the time they received the response from you. In your case, subtract 5 days from your calculation. Your 90 days will be up around September 7th.

a quick question my friends! USCIS received my paperwork on May 31. sent my an RFE on July 10th, I sent the response on July 15th. In the RFE it said that if my process will be on hold until I submit the response, it also mentioned that after the receive the missing document I will get my EAD within 90 days! Does the RFE reset the clock for the process? especially that I haven't heard anything from USCIS since I submitted the missing document!

Thanks

I don't think the RFE reset the clock. When calculating the 90 days, subtract the time between which the RFE was sent and the time they received the response from you. In your case, subtract 5 days from your calculation. Your 90 days will be up around September 7th.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for responding, 2much2handle. I filled all the forms by hand after printing them out, that's why I don't have copies saved on computer. I am actually only worried about one thing in the biographical form I don't remember which month I put in (as I explained above). But it is what it is..
Thanks for your comments guys, I hope I will be fine with all my additional docs and originals. I am obviously at the point of over analyzing things and stressing out, it's a "pre-interview syndrome" :)

I'm pretty sure they will not make a big deal of you not remembering EXACT dates when you moved. Actually, I have the same "worry" since I moved a lot and it's hard to remember all the dates. But it's not such a huge thing - the main point is to prove that the marriage is real and give the same information your spouse will be giving (in case they put you in separate rooms).
And I know what you mean by "pre-interview syndrome" - recently I started having weird dreams and wake up either crying or scared to death after going through an interview in my dream LOL :D It's so crazy, but I think it's pretty normal, because getting a green card is a huge thing for almost all of us and it's okay to worry. We just have to try not to overthink it too much and not send ourselves to some institution for mentally sick :)
Good luck with preparing for your interview! I have almost all documents ready.

Hello,June people!
Quick update on my case: I have just received the EAD in the mail. Total happiness!:):):)
Waiting for the interview letter.

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.
day 57: 07/27/2011- fingerprints taken at Durham application support center
day 59:07/29/2011- EAD ordered; should be in the mail soon
day 67:08/06/2011- EAD received in the mail :)

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations!!! Nice progress :)

my husband got his EAD in the mail today. Still waiting for the IL.

Congratulations to your husband as well!!! :)

I'm wondering when I'll get some information on the RFE response I've sent back in June. I'm not even sure if I should expect one since my case already moved forward and interview is already scheduled :confused:

Hey June people,
I also have some news! My EAD changed on-line today to " Card production" :) happy,happy,happy So we are almost at the final!! Could you somebody want to send me a link with the Interview questions, please, i just couldn't find it again!!! Thanks :)

My case is still on hold... Another 20 days and I'll be eligible for the interim EAD! I guess I got caught on the wrong side of the immigration queue. I wonder if NSC is still waiting on my employment based file to be transferred from TSC...

Dantuin and ThePandya thanks for the information.The both are very helpful! And that's a link with 152 sample questions: patakicenter.com/Documents/INTERVIEW%20SAMPLE%20QUESTIONS.pdf