JUNE 2008 Filers

Hello June filers!!

Any updates???

I`m still waiting for any (ANY!!!) USCIS move and of course my EAD!!!:(

Hope you guys have much more luck!!!

Ead

I went to the local USCIS office in NYC today since its been over 90 days for my EAD...They give you this form where it says your EAD has been over 70 days...and send you to another floor where i was HOPING to get an interim EAD. All they said was they'll email the National Benefit Center and get them to look into it...How long does that usually take (if anyone has had tht done before)?

Thanks

Question about interview

Hi guys,

As you can see from my timeline and those of others on this post who filed in June, I am waiting for my IL. I should be getting it anytime now, since everything else has been smooth so far.

My question is this- When they give you your interview date, is that fixed in stone? My wife and I are going to be out of the country from christmas till jan 13, and its not at all possible to change those dates (we are going to India for our own Indian wedding ceremony!). What would happen if the interview date was somehow on one of those dates?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I am also going out of the country and our timelines are almost same. Infact in my case my wife will be out of country for 3 months starting next week so I am sure about the interview issue. But according to my lawyer, we can always postpone the interview once the IL is received. Once the IL is received I will apply to postpone it for some later day. That will surely delay my process for few weeks but thats all I can do with the holiday plans I have in year end. Also, we should not forget that the Interview process will be slow at the end of the year because of the elections and X'mas holidays. So I hope my interview gets delayed atleast till end of Jan'09.

Here is my timeline:

DO: San Diego, CA
6/24/08 Application mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864, G-325
6/25/08 Forms received at USCIS
7/03/08 All NOA received
07/10/08 Received Biometrics Notification
07/22/08 Biometrics appointment
08/30/08 I-131 Advance Parole Authorization Received
09/05/08 EAD Received
[No change in any online updates since the application]

Hi June 2008 files who havent gotten their EAD yet. I filed my applications on june 11th and had my biometrics on july 3rd. after that i received no correspondence from the USCIS. i had a service request opened in the last week of september. they sent me a letter saying they needed additional info( i 864 and my birth certificate) and the letter they posted had a july 10th date on it. that letter was never even sent to me. I made an info pass appointment and the immigration officer agreed that the uscis never mailed the doc since the system doesnt have any records of it none whatsoever. She told me to send the required info along with a letter to the UScIS explaining that they didnt respond in a timely manner and to request for an expiedited processing. my question is.. I did sent in the documentation and the letter but does anyone think the USCIS will take responsibility for their error and expedite my process?

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share the good news that I got approved of my Green Card during my interview last 10/21.

We got there very early and had to wait for the exact time slot. I made a checklist according to the requirements listed on the letter (as suggested by smilegirl). The officer appreciated it but we ended up not using it because I pretty much submitted everything with the application package.

I however gave her a bank account certification letter and an insurance/benefits document. She looked at a lot of photos. She took my EAD and AP and then asked a couple of easy questions. Like how did the relationship progress. We were in and out in about ten minutes.

I was told that my card will arrive in two weeks. Hopefully my SS card will arrive at the same time so I can go get a driver's license.

FOCUS NOW IS TO FIND A JOB! haha

Goodluck to everyone!

devhijhay

Devhijhay whats your DO?

How come the process was so fast?

Hi Kushalvshah,

My DO is Newark, NJ. That's where I had my fingerprinting done. But my interview was held in Mt. Laurel, NJ. Most of the July filers have have received their IL and we have different DOs.

Hope you get your IL soon :)

devhijhay

Hi June 2008 files who havent gotten their EAD yet. I filed my applications on june 11th and had my biometrics on july 3rd. after that i received no correspondence from the USCIS. i had a service request opened in the last week of september. they sent me a letter saying they needed additional info( i 864 and my birth certificate) and the letter they posted had a july 10th date on it. that letter was never even sent to me. I made an info pass appointment and the immigration officer agreed that the uscis never mailed the doc since the system doesnt have any records of it none whatsoever. She told me to send the required info along with a letter to the UScIS explaining that they didnt respond in a timely manner and to request for an expiedited processing. my question is.. I did sent in the documentation and the letter but does anyone think the USCIS will take responsibility for their error and expedite my process?
Hi Lucky,
I`m sorry to hear what happened to you.... Good you already sent what they asked for... I hope the letter helps!!!! Just call USCIS after they receive your letter and make sure they know it was their mistake! Make sure they know to take care of it asap. Head up! and good luck :)
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share the good news that I got approved of my Green Card during my interview last 10/21.

We got there very early and had to wait for the exact time slot. I made a checklist according to the requirements listed on the letter (as suggested by smilegirl). The officer appreciated it but we ended up not using it because I pretty much submitted everything with the application package.

I however gave her a bank account certification letter and an insurance/benefits document. She looked at a lot of photos. She took my EAD and AP and then asked a couple of easy questions. Like how did the relationship progress. We were in and out in about ten minutes.

I was told that my card will arrive in two weeks. Hopefully my SS card will arrive at the same time so I can go get a driver's license.

Goodluck to everyone!

devhijhay

That`s great news!!!! I`m so happy to hear about your interview!!! Congratulations and good luck job hunting!!!! Let us know how it goes!!!:)

We filed a service request for EAD. No news yet!

Does anybody have a list of interview questions related to parents GC?

I did it also on Oct 6 and I`m still waiting for their answer. Hope it comes soon! For both of us :)... and many more people who are still waiting!
Sorry-don`t know any questions related to parents GC :(

Hi guys,

Goodluck to everyone!

devhijhay

Congrats for the approval and good luck with your job hunting. I'm job hunting too right now :( (still no luck)

We submitted the application in late June, and received the interview letter scheduled for mid December.

pplication:
6/5/08 - Application mailed - forms130,485,765,864,693 to Chicago Lockbox
6/6/08 - Application Received
6/13/08 - Checks Cashed
6/17/08 - NOA received -- Notice Date - 6/12/08
7/2/08 - FP date
FP done/ Dates updated on USCIS case online website
7/12/08 - RFE for missing birth certificate & copy of I-94 card
8/12/08 - Sent RFEs with evidence to Lee's Summit.
8/13/08 - RFEs received at Lee's Summit..
8/15/08 - USCIS emailed - Case Resumed
9/6/08 - 765 LUD touched, EAD Card Production Ordered
9/16/08 - EAD card received
10/26/08 - Interview letter posted
Jan 6, 2009 - Interview (Detroit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone!

Thought I would share with you some news!
One week after infopass appointment I received my EAD card in mail!!!!
If anyone is waiting more than 90 days for EAD, I say go for Infopass! It works!!!! :)
I`m happy my case is finally moving forward! I have to wait for IL letter now! :)

Good luck to you all... and hope to hear more good news from you soon!!!:D

pplication:
6/5/08 - Application mailed - forms130,485,765,864,693 to Chicago Lockbox
6/6/08 - Application Received
6/13/08 - Checks Cashed
6/17/08 - NOA received -- Notice Date - 6/12/08
7/2/08 - FP date
FP done/ Dates updated on USCIS case online website
7/12/08 - RFE for missing birth certificate & copy of I-94 card
8/12/08 - Sent RFEs with evidence to Lee's Summit.
8/13/08 - RFEs received at Lee's Summit..
8/15/08 - USCIS emailed - Case Resumed
10/26/08 - Interview letter posted
Jan 6, 2009 - Interview (Detroit)

Thanks for posting your timeline "Filer_2008"! Good luck on your interview!!!:)

Filer,

Your signature says it took you a month to gather all the documents for RFE. When did you get your EAD and AP? Your signature doesnt say so. It is directly showing ID.