JUNE 2008 Filers

Hey guys,

any updates? there has been no activity here for a while, when should we hope to get our interview letters?

I think, we should be getting our interview letter starting by end of this month or early next month (based on my observation of the May filer).

I 765 still pending after 90 days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
i got married on may 21st, 2008 and sent the I 485, I 765,I 131, I130 etc etc by June 6th. i got an I797c form with receipt numbers for the I 485, I 765,I 131, I 130 . this was on june 17th. My biometrics appointment was done on July 3rd. After that I havent received any sort of correspondence. My application is at the MSC also known as the National Benefits Center. I called the customer service which was of no help at all. Since the Receipt date of my applications was June 11th and it has passed 90 days since I filed and received no correspondence within the last 60 days I called the customer service repeatedly with no help from them. they want me to wait an additional 30 days which contradicts the staements on the website. The current date for the I765 shows june 18th (Past my application date of June 11th) . I've been checking online regularly and it still shows case received and pending for all my applications. Is there anyone that is facing a similar issue. How worried am I supposed to be. Please advise what I should be doing now. I greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Yeah I seen some June & July filers are starting to get their interview letter. :cool: Come on USCIS, keep on coming!!

Is there anyone from the june filers that have'nt got their I-765 yet? I am asking this since my application is filed on June 11th and so far there hasnt been any update whatsoever. I noticed that the dates were changed for my I 765 and I 130 to september 23rd but the case status inside still shows case received and pending. Please let me know if there are other june filers who are facing this same problem.
Thanks!

Hello,

I`m in the same situation :( Waiting for my EAD to be approved and it has been over 90 days. I called USCIC and they told me I have to wait up to 60 days to receive a written decision. I`m going to be patient -as always ;-) - and wait 30 days more, then will call them again! :)

Good luck to you all and head up! I believe it will all come to us soon :))))

-------
AOS PROCESS
06/11/08: AOS/EAD/I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox
06/17/08: Package delivered in Chicago
06/18/08: Check cashed
06/21/08: Rec'd NOA's (Receipt notice date: 06/17/08)
07/01/08: Rec'd Biometrics appoinment letter
07/15/08: Biometrics appoinment @ 2:00 PM-Completed
08/27/08: RFE letter (I-485)
09/08/08: sending RFE letter with missing documents back to USCIS
09/11/08: letter delivered
09/15/08: 90 days past filing, have not heard anything
09/16/08: Called USCIS to ask about my EAD
09/17/08 My case(only I-485) is finally available online; update->current status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed. I should receive writting decision or update within 60 days.
09/19/08 I-485 touched

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi smilegirl. I am going through the same situation. They never corresponded or said anything. My 485, 765, 131 and 130 afre all showing the same thing " Case received and pending". I do know they touched it on 9/23 since that date changed but i'm pretty nervous as to what decision was made. I was told to call after oct 15 if i dont get it byn then. they also suggested that i can make an infopass appointment. See if this will work for you.

HI lucky06181983 :)

I understand how you feel ... unfortunately, beeing nervous is something you can`t avoid in AOS process. But try not to think about it every minute (yea, I caught myself on doing that too ;-) ) and relax :). I decided that I`m going to "let" USCIS do its job :cool: and be patient ->and call them again in mid October :D.

I heard about infopass and yes, it helps a lot in some cases. As for now, I will just stick to the plan and wait (can`t do anything about "their" timelines, can I? :rolleyes: ). I`m "giving USCIS credit" though ;) (am I naive or what?:p) and hope all of June filers (and not only, of course! ) will hear from them soon :D (and ONLY good news please?! ;;) :D ).

AP was approved and received in August. EAD was approved on 8/15 but we never received it. What should we do?

I-485, I-131 and I-765, I-130 pending

Hello! This is just a test. I type a long message a while ago and the website did not allow me to post message.

I-485, I-765, I-131 and Pending I-130

Okay, Im back. Hello to you all! I am new in this forum and I just wonder if there is anyone who can help me find out the answers to my questions. So far, this is the only blog that I find useful and I think, current.

I have a pending I-130 application which was sent in April, 2008. (Vermont SC received it in April 15th and got NOA April 21st). I am previously a J1 visa holder who is subject to the 2 yr HRR and is now waiting for my J1 waiver approval which is looking pretty good. I just need days or weeks for the final decision. I know that I cannot file I-485 and the other documents that may filed with it until I get the DOS J1 waiver approval.

I am starting to gather information and getting ready for the I-485 application, I-765 adn I-131 now and making sure that I got everything in place without spending too much. I lost my job 4 months because my previous employer knew about my status and that they have foreseen that I could no longer work legally once my J1 program ends, which did fews weeks ago. I married a US Citizen earlier this year.

I am planning to file I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrently. I just checked the vermont SC processing times today and seemed that it will take 3 months for them to do EAD. Now, I heard and read also that E-filing I-765 with I-131 is a little faster because of some features that e-filing offers but I have questions regarding fees and which to send first.

My questions:

1. Does concurrent filing of I-485, I-765 and I-131 mean that they ALL should be PAPER-FILED AND ALL INSIDE THE SAME ENVELOPE and sent to same location in Chicago? --- I read online that if I do this, it will save me $640 because I do not need to pay the fees separately. NOTE: This is my first EAD and please please correct me if some figures that I typed here were wrong.

2. If I choose to file I-485 by paper and E-file I-765 and I-131, do I need to pay the separate fees? --- (i.e. $ 1050 for I-485, $ 340 for EAD and $ 300 for AP). OR will USCIS take or consider this as concurrent filing?

3. If I choose to file I-485 by paper and E-file both I-765 and I-131, regardless of the fees, which one should I send first? ---- Do I start with I-485 by paper and then e-file I-765 and I-131 OR E-file I-765 and I-131 first and the file I-485 by paper?

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some insights or ideas. I know that nothing discussed here is a legal advice. It just feels a little better to hear from people who have actual experience. Thanks!

Lia

I have got an update for you all. I mailed the whole package on May 29. They received them on June 5th due to some usps delay. Today, September 29 I had the interview. It all lasted 20 min and the card production was ordered. I also received a stamp in the passport.

I wanted to share this with you all since I have received a lot of help from this forum. Good luck to you all.

I have got an update for you all. I mailed the whole package on May 29. They received them on June 5th due to some usps delay. Today, September 29 I had the interview. It all lasted 20 min and the card production was ordered. I also received a stamp in the passport.

I wanted to share this with you all since I have received a lot of help from this forum. Good luck to you all.

Congratulations! That was fast!

Congrats!!!! :)

Hello everyone, finally i spoke with someone in the USCIS customer service center with some sense in his head. A service request has been put in for the delay of my I 765 and they said the USCIS will respond within 5 business days. Does someone exactlyknow what they will respond to? will it be something lime why they were late or will they just tell me "case status is still pending"

Hello :)

Lucky, I`m glad you got to talk to somebody who could help you out with your EAD. I`m pretty sure it will help a lot, actually I saw posts where people were saying that after they asked for service request to be put on their EAD, they received card order notice in next 5-10 day. So I think you are one step closer to your EAD and really hope you will get it soon !!!!! :))))

I have a question for you. If you can , please tell me what you said when you called the USCIS and asked to put service request on your EAD. I`m asking because yesterday I did the same - called USCIS and nicely asked for it to be done (since it`s been 108 days after after filing and I haven`t heard anything about my EAD :/ and of course girl gotta work, right?! RIGHT! ;-) ) . The officer told me that he can`t do anything untill October 12th (which is 120 days after I applied for my EAD!!!!). I really don`t know if he is just making me wait or that`s the way to go. Maybe I`m using wrong "language" when I talk to him or something??

Anyway, just checking if there is anything I can do about it ...or simly wait.

I wish you all the best and keep fingers crossed !!!!! :)