Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

  • Nkumar7,
    My wife holds a valid B1/B2 vistor visa now. I'm filling out all required forms to apply green card for her and her daughter from previous marriage. The daughter is 10 yrs old and resides in China.

    Confused on following:
    1) One I-130 for each alien relative I file; or i can include my step-daughter on item 17 of Part C Info about Your Alien Relative with my wife?
    2) On my wife's I-485, need to list myself (a USC) as "spouse" or not?
    3) Need to file a separate I-485 for step-daughter? If yes, what Application Type fits, a or b?
    4) Need to file a separate G-325A for step-daughter? If so, can my wife sign on this G-325A since step-daughter is a monor?
    5) Can I concurrently file I-482 for step-daughter to Follow-to-Join my wife? Or must wait till my wife's green card approved first?
    6) As to I-864, need to file a separate one for step-daughter since she's still in China? Or one for both?

    I will do DIY. Your reply and guidance will be very much appreciated.
    Thank you very much for the detailed post on steps for applying green card through USC spouse. It is very helpful and after reading your post, I am planning on doing it myself. I have a quick question. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for I-130 and I-485 together? I went through the instructions for I-130 and I-485, but could not find a specific answer. I live in California and would like to apply a green card for my wife who is currently in US on a F1 Visa. Can I send both I-130 and I-485 ( and other forms) together?

    Your advise on this matter will be much appreciated.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…