JUNE 2008 Filers

update

Just received my AP documents in the mail today. Waiting for interview appt. letter and EAD, hopefully they should come in the next 2 weeks.

notice of transferring

got a letter today (notice date Aug. 20, 2008) about I-485
"this is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing: California Service Center, 2nd flr, 24000 Avila road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92601-0111"

Anybody knows why the cases were transferred to CSC while we filed from Massachusetts?

and nothing changed on line!

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD received

I just got my EAD in the mail today, about 3-4 weeks before I was expecting it! Never got an email from USCIS about my EAD being ordered or any other update, LUD on USCIS still has not changed, but I guess all that does not matter now. Waiting now for the interview appt. letter.

Congrats!

Congrats to everyone whoever got their approvals!!
Nkumar - just wondering ....which center you submitted your case?
I am in Minneapolis,MN submitted to Chicago. Our timelines are almost same and i am still waiting for EAD.
- Thanks

Congrats to everyone whoever got their approvals!!
Nkumar - just wondering ....which center you submitted your case?
I am in Minneapolis,MN submitted to Chicago. Our timelines are almost same and i am still waiting for EAD.
- Thanks

Hey,

I submitted my application to the chicago lock box like you, had my biometrics in Atlanta, where I live. I don't know if that answers your question- because I did not submit my case to any particular center. But as you can see, without any apparent change in my case, I got my AP and EAD within 2 days of each other, hopefully yours will come soon too. I was not expecting to get them before mid-September, so I don't think you should worry, give it another couple of weeks. Good luck

EAD received

Thanks NKumar for the info...guess what....i also got my EAD today evening directly in the postal mail....no emails, no status change....i am glad i dn't have to bother about it anymore...waiting for interview letter for GC....all the best ....

-Thanks

Advance Parole

Hi all,
I received my advance parole authorization letter over the weekend (I-512L)
But it has my wife's (USC sponser) picture on the bottom left of the letter which I think is suppose to be my picture as the letter is addressed to me and was applied for my advance parole.
Can someone tell me is this something normal or there is a typo from USCIS?
Because I am going to leave the country for few days in December so I want to fix it before that if something is wrong.

Here is my timeline:

DO: San Diego, CA
6/24/08 Application mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864, G-325
6/25/08 Forms received at USCIS
7/03/08 All NOA received
07/10/08 Received Biometrics Notification
07/22/08 Biometrics appointment
08/30/08 I-131 Advance Parole Authorization Received

Hi all,
I received my advance parole authorization letter over the weekend (I-512L)
But it has my wife's (USC sponser) picture on the bottom left of the letter which I think is suppose to be my picture as the letter is addressed to me and was applied for my advance parole.
Can someone tell me is this something normal or there is a typo from USCIS?
Because I am going to leave the country for few days in December so I want to fix it before that if something is wrong.

Here is my timeline:

7/03/08 All NOA received

I don't think this is normal, mine had just my picture on it. You should call the number on the form and find out what the next step is.

Ead

Received my EAD over the weekend. No online status change for EAD or Advance Parole. Will be applying for Advance Parole again as the authorization letter has my wife's photo instead of mine.

7/03/08 All NOA received
09/05/08 EAD Received

Application: Applying for spouse
6/5/08 - Application mailed - forms 130,485,765,864,693 to Chicago Lockbox
6/6/08 - Application Received
6/13/08 - Checks Cashed
6/17/08 - NOA received -- Notice Date - 6/12/08
7/2/08 - FP date
FP done/ Dates updated on USCIS case online website
7/12/08 - RFE for missing birth certificate & copy of I-94 card
8/12/08 - Sent RFEs with evidence to Lee's Summit.
8/13/08 - RFEs received at Lee's Summit..
8/15/08 - 485 LUD touched - Case Resumed
9/6/08 - 765 LUD touched, EAD Card Production Ordered
9/16/08 - EAD card received

one step closer to green card :)