JUNE 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 11/16/2001)

No Title

kbelagan, AndyS, swara, sdvidwan,

Thankyou.

As you know my receipts got delayed about a month and I got 09/24 as my ND (which is like I mailed my I-485 packet on 08/24, because people mailed around this date got their ND as 09/24. So I lost app. two months). Now since San Jose is moving very slow w.r.t. FPs I guess my turn is way down the road. Any way in my case after those receipts, things are moving smoothly (no RFE etc.) I am happy about that. I hope and wish that San Jose also picksup like rest of ASCs w.r.t. FPs and also that expected flood of approvals starts atleast now.

Goodluck to you all too.
PCee

No Title

sdvidwan,

Yes, it is very sad to get laid off. I feel sorry for you. I know now a days it is very tough to get a new job here in sillicon valley. I wish you goodluck in your job hunting.

Regarding FP notices in SanJose. In previous batch they sent notices for app. 7 days, but this time they sent in only one day! These FPs are scheduled for app. in one week\'s span. I hope and wish that another batch starts with in another week and this time it picksup. It is still possible that you may get your your GC in app. one months time (if things pickup, and your are lucky). I wish you just that.

Goodluck
PCee

EAD Address problem

As I mentioned in my previous post\'s, my wife\'s EAD was approved on 11th of November and never received it, finally the AVM was updated to say that the EAD was returned by Postal Dept marked undeliverable, so I called the IIO today and found out that they had the wrong city and zip code on the address, last time I talked to an IIO, she was unwilling to go through the entire address to check the validity.

Today I updated the address to a new one (since I had given a friend\'s address initially any way) for my wife\'s app and mine.
hopefully I receive everything from now on to the new address.

Thanks.

Unfortunately...

Remember that EB3 went current in June so a lot of people may have filed AOS and theier processing may go on.

One can argue that cases for Apr-May-June are to be processed sequentially but we know that INS ...oh well

Be patient and Good luck !

Minor Update for PCee, Ciba

Update on my EAD RFE. The issue was that signature cards were not sent with the original application. Lawyer got the RFE in about 7 days from the date on AVM. Lawyer mailed the forms to me. Despite practicing on plain paper I could not control my writing and "strayed" a little outside the blue box. Not wanting to take a chance I went to SJ ASC for a new signature card form. They said that I could only get it from the INS main office in SJ on 1887 Monterey Rd. Had to go there, park a long way away, wait in line for 45 minutes to get the forms.

I also asked the officer when I can go for iEAD. He did not seem very confident but said something like "when your RFE receipt is acknowledged on their computer then the iEAD request may be entertained".

Ciba, feel free to use this for your Personal Experiences section.

Thank you both for this wonderful service.

goldengate.

EAD Signature cards

I guess my lawyer too was under the same impression. But what happened in mine (and royal\'s) case contradicts that view, doesn\'t it? The other possibility is that some officials in INS are not aware of this drop in requirement and raise RFEs.

Congrats, PCee. Pls update my FP status

FP Notice rcvd on 12/13/01
Done on 12/15/01
Scheduled on 01/12/02

Thanks and have a happy holiday :)

gt

Someone Help Pl. Questions on EAD/FP.Layoff

Got my EAD card last week. My 180 days from filing I-485 will be
end of Feb,2002.
-What will happen if I get laid off??? Someone pl. help!!

Layoff Question

There is plenty of uncertainty around this issue caused by inadequate wording of the new laws which allow different people to view it differently. Based on what I have heard and read (from lawyer websites and other users in various forums) here is the summary:

Optimistic (Recommended) Outlook : Don\'t think about getting laid off. If it happens, you will probably get some notice period. Hope that this period will take you past your 180 day deadline. If not, persuade your company to postpone the layoff date (my company was considerate and considered many cases). Once you are past the deadline date, you can breathe easy. Then all you have to do is to find a similar job with similar pay. When you do, you have a choice of either reporting it to INS or not. The new law says you have to notify them even though there is no formal document. Basically we are in guinea pig mode. Good luck to us all.

This optimistic view can be taken another step higher and you can say that you can even change jobs BEFORE 180 days. I have seen some discussions in murthy.com where she argues that the new law just talks about adjudication within 180 days and nothing about the exact timing of the job change. I would not go so far as to recommend this view. But if, god forbid, you end up in that situation you have no choice but to explore this avenue (I hope you don\'t have to, good luck).

Pessimistic View (not recommended) : The ways of INS are too contradictory and arbitrary. This whole thing is a matter of chance. How else can you explain the fact that they raise RFEs for pay stubs etc. when GC is for a future job? Ultimately the particular officer who handles your case can turn out to be a real grouch and create problems.

I am in the same position as you are (worse, I am still waiting for EAD card and an RFE has been raised for it). I am sure there are plenty of others.

Take it easy.