July Visa Bulletin

Hey guys,

I am assuming most of the posters here are Indians.

Dont get me wrong.What is the need for such desperation? I mean if not the US, then Canadian PR or else Aussie PR. Its like want to go to any any place but india.Is this the 2006 version of quit india movement?
With the increasing levels of Salaries and good self-contained township coming up (with international class amenities) life in India in Metro cities is now comparable to anywhere in the world.
So my advise,try for the US GC or else remember its not the end of the world.

Cheers and Regards.

True to an extent ..

vicky007 said:
Hey guys,

I am assuming most of the posters here are Indians.

Dont get me wrong.What is the need for such desperation? I mean if not the US, then Canadian PR or else Aussie PR. Its like want to go to any any place but india.Is this the 2006 version of quit india movement?
With the increasing levels of Salaries and good self-contained township coming up (with international class amenities) life in India in Metro cities is now comparable to anywhere in the world.
So my advise,try for the US GC or else remember its not the end of the world.

Cheers and Regards.

vicky007,

I don't fully agree with you regarding India with regard to lifestyle and ameneties but we Indians defenitely have the very viable and good option of moving back if need be. Compared to a lot of immigrants from other countries, immigrants from India have the option of going back to our country that has a growing economy. Things are not as gloomy for most of us.

You will however find a lot of Indians for whom moving back is the last option. This may be because they are not from the Metros or may have lived outside India for so long that they are simply not ready to adjust back to life there. This is not to say that life here is better and life in India sucks but we all know that lifestyle comparisons are like comparing apples to oranges.

I personally have lived in the US for over 12 years now and this has become home for me. My friends are here, some of my family is here and I truly feel that I am most comfortable in this environment now. Its odd how that happens but over time it does.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
vicky007,

I don't fully agree with you regarding India with regard to lifestyle and ameneties but we Indians defenitely have the very viable and good option of moving back if need be. Compared to a lot of immigrants from other countries, immigrants from India have the option of going back to our country that has a growing economy. Things are not as gloomy for most of us.

You will however find a lot of Indians for whom moving back is the last option. This may be because they are not from the Metros or may have lived outside India for so long that they are simply not ready to adjust back to life there. This is not to say that life here is better and life in India sucks but we all know that lifestyle comparisons are like comparing apples to oranges.

I personally have lived in the US for over 12 years now and this has become home for me. My friends are here, some of my family is here and I truly feel that I am most comfortable in this environment now. Its odd how that happens but over time it does.

regards,

saras

Saras, its sad to hear why you would not want to return to India and how you got accustomed to the conditions here. Do not get me wrong - I am not negating your preference. It may well be the case with me in a few years (for I have been here more than 6 yrs now).

Contrary to what you said, I think India is a better place to live and settle now, than it was in the past. The growth rate in India is on a rise in contrast to growth rate, which is on the decline, in USA.

Lately, I read quite a few articles by economists, bankers, financial analysts and bloggers all of which clearly indicate the economic failure in US. It may happen today, tomorrow or as late as 2020. No one has a clue when the crisis occurs, but everyone agrees it to be the truth.

On the other hand, financial predictions indicate India to be a superpower economically, military-wise and politically. Again one can see this happening today, tomorrow or as late as 2020. But it will happen.

The irony is, both India and US are going to the reach the pinacles in the course of time (but in the opposite directions). Its the direction that matters and that influences our choices.

Whether you choose the incline is your decision. But for me (and as many have already said), GC is not the end of the game. Irrespective of the final GC result, I strongly feel, India will be the way to go for me- it is a better place to live, after all. Bet money on it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Must Read - Think Deep And You Will Getthe Answer For Why U Want Gc

All of you - Do this. Sit in a quiet place with eyes closed. Imagine you know the fate of your GC application. Now Imagine that you will surely be a citizen of US in next 2-3 years for sure. OK, take it as a God promise.

Now India is booming as we or for that matter whole world knows. Your kids will behave much better, respect you and be with their relatives, grandparents etc if they live in India. You can afford to have more extravagant lifestyle with domestic help, driver etc etc in India. You can afford a good job with no worries.

OK, so you are a citizen of US and you know India is a better place for you and your family. You get a good job offer from an MNC in India, I am pretty certain that you will go back.

Back to the current moment. Similar sitution in India but no GC, no citizen. you will do everything to make sure that you are in US. Why ?
Its because of EGO.
Yes EGO, because without getting a GC, your ego will get a big blow, you feel like thrown out of this country.

Thats why GC is so important for people who are in the race, there is NO other reason except the BIG EGO.

Think over it and you all will agree.

You mis-understand ...

gcWudBeHere said:
Saras, its sad to hear why you would not want to return to India and how you got accustomed to the conditions here. Do not get me wrong - I am not negating your preference. It may well be the case with me in a few years (for I have been here more than 6 yrs now).

Contrary to what you said, I think India is a better place to live and settle now, than it was in the past. The growth rate in India is on a rise in contrast to growth rate, which is on the decline, in USA.

Lately, I read quite a few articles by economists, bankers, financial analysts and bloggers all of which clearly indicate the economic failure in US. It may happen today, tomorrow or as late as 2020. No one has a clue when the crisis occurs, but everyone agrees it to be the truth.

On the other hand, financial predictions indicate India to be a superpower economically, military-wise and politically. Again one can see this happening today, tomorrow or as late as 2020. But it will happen.

The irony is, both India and US are going to the reach the pinacles in the course of time (but in the opposite directions). Its the direction that matters and that influences our choices.

Whether you choose the incline is your decision. But for me (and as many have already said), GC is not the end of the game. Irrespective of the final GC result, I strongly feel, India will be the way to go for me- it is a better place to live, after all. Bet money on it!!

gcWudBeHere,

I was just trying to express views that I know a lot of people share. There are always people on different parts of the aisle with regard to the issue of moving back to India or not. I was trying to tackle the issue from a broader perspective by presenting views that I know a lot of Indians share. Whether this is a good view or not is again a contentious issue. There is no right or wrong here, everyone has a preference and their own personal reasons cannot be understood by the other party.

My point is that I feel India is a very good option and I would be willing to take it if need be but at the same time I understand the views of people who would rather live in Greenland. For whatever reason they feel strongly about living outside India and they are justified in their own views.

I have no doubt that India is progressing and things will be much much better in the years to come. All these are good signs for those that are willing and able to move back in the near future.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
vicky007,

regards,

saras

Hi Saras,

Firstly,thanks for responding to my PM some days back.

I appreciate your point.I understand everybody is here for better prospects.So long as its living in the US everybody will and should try (including me ;)) .

But just thinking of going to other countires without ever leaving there or just in hope that after migration they will be able to settle seems to me a far fetched idea compared to going back home to a increasingly good future.

I would say....the argument continues.....because we are in a limbo and we are looking for a stable position.......hence we question the very existance everyday.

some of us has been out of india so long that we may not even have a good reference point.

but whatever we all have our own reasons to try to stay in usa even when we are going thru hell....

let me state my reasons:
I have a fair chance that i can get the GC easily since my wife is in health science research(EB1) but we filed just now(and i have had a crappy luck so far...so i am not counting much on it, i will smile only when i have it in my hand :D)

I support my parents by $250 every month........do you think it will be possible if i was to work in india....can i afford to do it so easily??

have you guys seen the property rates in india....its insane....for a shitty apartment in bangalore city...you are expected to pay atleast rs.30 lacs.....(~$65k).....

i know people who were unlucky to not have property...they make rs.50-75k/pm but they are having to pay 50% towards mortgage...

i hope u all know about the great traffic conditions in india.....having to spend 1-2 hrs...for 15-20 miles of travel....(bangalore city)

long story short.........india is still nowhere near to any developed country in terms of:

1. income/cost of living
2. infrastructure
3. governence (shitty politicians....still using reservation as a tool to get votes)
4. personal security (try living on a big farm house with fancy car...u better build a fortress )

i am not saying these problems do not exist in usa or elsewhere....but the magnitude in india is just painful.....

my dear Alien Immigrants...

And don't ever talk about your Mom bad. You might be waiting to be adopted by rich fat a** Uncle S**. But don't ever talk bad about mom. Bcas when Sam deport you for DUI violation (it happened in florida for an immigrant), you gotto go back to your motherland. So you don't have to talk bad abt your mom. Just say that you are a good boy/girl and have enough qualifications to do whatever he asks for. That should be enough for your to get adopted. If Sam knows that you are talking bad abt your mom, he might not even believe you.

my dear would be Alien Immigrants... Just guess the visa bulletinss...

Hi Techy, I agree with you on the living conditions in India. I go to India almost every year and cannot stand the pollution and allergies. real estate + population + pollution (vehicular) is a common issue in all major cities in the world. Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai etc.. have grown haphazardly. Hyderabad is livable but may not be in near future and don't know if anyone have heard this but Visakapatnam is becoming one of the best places to live in India. Most smaller cities are now turning out to be better places to live with less pollution. As most people in this group are Indians, while we are stuck in retrogression, investing in real estate in Hyderabad or Vizag or other smaller cities is a worthwhile investment. Even in big cities there are new satellite towns coming up in the outskirts away from vehicular pollution with all modern amenities. Offcourse, there is a risk involved in dealing with land mafia if we are not physically present, but definitely investing is a good option.
With growing trend of protectionistic attitude among people in developed nations, it is always good to keep a backup plan of settling down in your own country where you are originally from. Atleast a feeling that there is a place on earth where you are a first class citizen.
I am of personal opinion that one has to go to different parts of the world and explore many things and earn when you can, developing more skills and wisdom. America is definitely a mecca for professionals all over the world and one has to go through this experience. I will never feel bad about not getting a GC due to any reason but will move on. In the modern day world, things change rapidly and we can just never get used to a particular lifestyle or a country. Situations dictate lifestyles. I am on H1b 7th year extension and have worked in various cities like Atlanta, Rochester, Seattle, Portland, Las Vegas and now Connecticut and have always kept adapting to changes. Sometimes I feel disgusted that I am doing this but most times I feel that there is still a lot of time to settle down.

let me add more fuel to this fire....

I PITY THOSE WHO HAVE TO DRIVE AFTER DRINKING.....poor souls they do not have an alternative......its just luck they get only deported from this country.....most of the time they get deported from this world.....and sometimes they take many other innocent people with them....

Where does this adoption thing come from?

You like immigrant you take it. You don't like them they will eventually go somewhere else. The bottom line is these are brilliant people up to you to use. You gain by using them well, you lose by pissing them off.

asnssf said:
And don't ever talk about your Mom bad. You might be waiting to be adopted by rich fat a** Uncle S**. But don't ever talk bad about mom. Bcas when Sam deport you for DUI violation (it happened in florida for an immigrant), you gotto go back to your motherland. So you don't have to talk bad abt your mom. Just say that you are a good boy/girl and have enough qualifications to do whatever he asks for. That should be enough for your to get adopted. If Sam knows that you are talking bad abt your mom, he might not even believe you.

my dear would be Alien Immigrants... Just guess the visa bulletinss...

Folks
With more than 3 years into the process (more than 4 since started the first time) I think I've finally entered the 'Imm. Forums' phase! :)
Some really cool folks have provided some interesting insights over the past few months on the subject of Retro
Here is my take on it
Does anybody even have a rough idea of the following
1) DOL had sent labors from ALL states to the BPCs(including the ones that weren't still at 01/before) to streamline PERM...These are all 03/04 priority dates...what % of the total 300k+ backlog do these constitute...
2) Nobody knows anything about how many 245is orig. filed have been approved and r now 'out of the queue'
3) The DOS,USCIS,DOL have never published any split-up of pending cases nor have they 'officially' taken the position that 245i r causing the Retro

Bottomline : Nobody has any basis whatsoever for theories/predictions! Its like shooting in the dark!

Unfortunately the only strategy we can formulate is to move our life forward not knowing if your date will be current in 2 months or 2 years!

You have summed it up perfectly ...

CoolTiger said:
Folks
With more than 3 years into the process (more than 4 since started the first time) I think I've finally entered the 'Imm. Forums' phase! :)
Some really cool folks have provided some interesting insights over the past few months on the subject of Retro
Here is my take on it
1) DOL had sent labors from ALL states to the BPCs(including the ones that weren't still at 01/before) to streamline PERM...These are all 03/04 priority dates...what % of the total 300k+ backlog do these constitute...
2) Nobody knows anything about how many 245is orig. filed have been approved and r now 'out of the queue'
3) The DOS,USCIS,DOL have never published any split-up of pending cases nor have they 'officially' taken the position that 245i r causing the Retro

Bottomline : Nobody has any basis whatsoever for theories/predictions! Its like shooting in the dark!

Unfortunately the only strategy we can formulate is to move our life forward not knowing if your date will be current in 2 months or 2 years!

CoolTiger,

You seem to have picked up everything quickly and have summed up the current situation beautifully. No one knows the truth. All of us have our theories.

My personal theory is that 245i's are currently being used to continue this fake retrogression. The real reason is back log reduction by reducing the workload, implementing the bi-adjucation of cases between the service centers and most importantly meeting the 6 month processing time mandated by Bush 6 years ago.

regards,

saras

saras you r a good man : My prediction for u is u will see ur approval within this year and invite me over for champagne :)
Guys/Gals lets start a more optimistic/prod. discussion here
For all the hoop la around it what would u ACTUALLY do if u were to get ur GC today(Assume a Genie granted u the wish today!)?

I agree too--

You presented good logic here, CoolTiger. I cannot disagree with what you said and that makes me urge everybody here to only work hard and only think of keeping all the options open (Education, Immigration of other countries, repatriation India, etc).

We always have proven that we are risk-takers, hard workers and intellectuals. Few of the rarest combinations that make successful people.

Let us inspire each other, share information, and move forward. Only then, we would not worry about GC, for we would be busy making our lives successful.

I would ....

CoolTiger said:
saras you r a good man : My prediction for u is u will see ur approval within this year and invite me over for champagne :)
Guys/Gals lets start a more optimistic/prod. discussion here
For all the hoop la around it what would u ACTUALLY do if u were to get ur GC today(Assume a Genie granted u the wish today!)?

CoolTiger,

Let me be the first to start this one ...

If I were to get approved today .. I would do the following -

1. Take of from work as soon as I see the emails in my inbox. Not give any reason to the boss except that I have to be somehere and have to leave.

2. On the ride back home I will try to forget all the mess that this has caused and try to move on with my life.

3. I will NOT celebrate in a big way. I will just relax and try to get my mind at ease. There is no doubt that this process has kind of weighted on my mind for ages.

4. Seriously make plans to switch careers or negotitate a higher salary where I am working.

5. I will stop letting people in my company take advantage of the fact that I am stuck here. I do not get the best projects, I do not get paid as much as the others, I am never given any explaination as to why I am treated differently. They will hear my mind FULLY. I still speak my mind but find myself holding back because I do not want to ruin this process at this late stage by pissing of the wrong people.

6. Buy a house where I can raise kids.

7. Will stop worrying about every lay-off and every negative bit of news about my company.

8. Look to expand on ideas that I and my wife have had for a long time but have held of because of the GC probs ...

9. Continue helping fellow immigrants through this crappy process. For better or for worse, I have learnt things the hard way in this process. I intend on sharing this information for years to come.

The list can go on and on ... but what the point right now :)

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
9. Continue helping fellow immigrants through this crappy process. For better or for worse, I have learnt things the hard way in this process. I intend on sharing this information for years to come.
That's the best part. I try to do it for people who are one step back in our immigration status and job search.

I had always wanted to have a website which educates skilled immigrants as to what they can do for betterment of their life while going through a crappy process.

July 06

Guys and Gals

This is the start of last quarter of the current immigration calendar.

My GUESS for India

Eb1: Current
eb2: Jan 04
eb3: May 1, 01

Regards
GCStrat :)

That is correct ,CoolTiger. USCIS operates in secrecy, therefore no one knows for sure what is going on. Most things we say are based upon speculation. The only thing that I know for sure:

1. There is no capacity planning when proposing guest-worker programs, etc. Collateral effects are unpredictable and based on history so far, major plans implemented so far have haven't been pleasant, let alone useful to us.

2. USCIS is not our friend.

CoolTiger said:
Folks
Here is my take on it