July Visa Bulletin

Last qtr ...

gcstrat said:
Guys and Gals

This is the start of last quarter of the current immigration calendar.

My GUESS for India

Eb1: Current
eb2: Jan 04
eb3: May 1, 01

Regards
GCStrat :)

gcstart,

If there is going to be a push, then it has to come in the next 3 months that as you said constitutes the last quarter of fiscal year 2006. If there truly are lots of unused visas out there then the dates should move by several months in July-Aug-Sept. Lets hope this happens.

regards,

saras

A website would be great. We could make it fun as well. How about the "home" introduction showing this sequence:

Year 1:
Picture of a very energetic, eager, 28 year old Indian immigrant who just got from Bombay. He is smiling in his new office in Seattle. He is surrounded by two computers. On his main monitor he has his Outlook opened and he is reading company's e-mail. On the second monitor he's got a Visual Studio debugger opened, logs and some server stats.

Year 4:
It shows a picture of our immigrant fellow, a little older. Now getting bald and no more smile on his face. In addition to his Outlook, on the task bar you see an icon showing a link to "immigrationportal.com". Same server log tools, same Visual Studio version.

Year 7:
One his main computer, Outlook is closed. He's got a "Visa Bulletin" page opened there. He also is browsing "immigrationportal.com" links. On his second computer a link to "yahoo.news - immigration" is also visible. There is a sign of depression on his face. There is also a Bank of America Online bank statement showing that so far he has spent $10,000 in H1B and attorney fees alone. It shows also some rental vs home ownership calculations.

chanduv23 said:
I had always wanted to have a website which educates skilled immigrants as to what they can do for betterment of their life while going through a crappy process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love marlon's idea! Couldn't help laughing...
BTW I posted this on another thread started by somebody for it...
A lot of it is phycological guys....I've seen so many people get their GC's and still lead the same life...Life is a complex matrix....GC is a small piece of the complex puzzle....

Here is what I've done
1) Came to US 6 years ago thru a Consulting Co. Started my GC thru them
2) Got a plum permanent job offer with a mid-size Co with lucrative Stock options. Took it thru H1 transfer. Restarted the GC
3) Got to EAD. Used AC-21 and now work for a multi-billion dollar co

Here is what I didn't do
1) Promoted to work as a Project Manager last year. Took the role/hike. Didn't take the designation(Got confused abut the 'similar' job clause....I now regret that....I'll take it this year if offered in my ann. review)
2) Didn't buy a house(GC not the only reason...no regrets)

Here is what I'll ACTUALLY do the day I get the GC
1) Be more risk-taker
2) Work part-time or totally switch careers to find what I like doing not bcoz I've to

Seriously

Perhaps a website showing that sequence and offering advices on what to do in this situation could turn out to be a good way to protest ?

I think the e-mails, faxes and other things are too conventional and often people just tend to ignore them. If we could put together a nice and hillarious website, that could capture the attention of newspapers and show what our real saga really is and even alert others abroad to pick another country other than the US.

I suggest
www.skilledimmigrants.org

Funny

This is funny! :)

Guys..Any chances of July visa bulletin being posted tomorrow? Or will it be next week?

marlon2006 said:
A website would be great. We could make it fun as well. How about the "home" introduction showing this sequence:

Year 1:
Picture of a very energetic, eager, 28 year old Indian immigrant who just got from Bombay. He is smiling in his new office in Seattle. He is surrounded by two computers. On his main monitor he has his Outlook opened and he is reading company's e-mail. On the second monitor he's got a Visual Studio debugger opened, logs and some server stats.

Year 4:
It shows a picture of our immigrant fellow, a little older. Now getting bald and no more smile on his face. In addition to his Outlook, on the task bar you see an icon showing a link to "immigrationportal.com". Same server log tools, same Visual Studio version.

Year 7:
One his main computer, Outlook is closed. He's got a "Visa Bulletin" page opened there. He also is browsing "immigrationportal.com" links. On his second computer a link to "yahoo.news - immigration" is also visible. There is a sign of depression on his face. There is also a Bank of America Online bank statement showing that so far he has spent $10,000 in H1B and attorney fees alone. It shows also some rental vs home ownership calculations.

Next week ...

krishna_ said:
This is funny! :)

Guys..Any chances of July visa bulletin being posted tomorrow? Or will it be next week?

krishna,

Tomorrow is to early. It will probably be next Friday (9th June)

regards,

saras

marlon2006 said:
Perhaps a website showing that sequence and offering advices on what to do in this situation could turn out to be a good way to protest ?

I think the e-mails, faxes and other things are too conventional and often people just tend to ignore them. If we could put together a nice and hillarious website, that could capture the attention of newspapers and show what our real saga really is and even alert others abroad to pick another country other than the US.

I suggest
www.skilledimmigrants.org

A funny mockery website will definitely have a impact.