July-Sept 2003 cases (Excel Attached) - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many don't seem to have got receipts from BCIS. Why in the world its taking so looooong?

With what I see on Apr-Jun tracking threads, EAD is taking about 30-40 days from MD. So then EAD should be coming just couple weeks after we get receipts from BCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets stick 2 one thread.

btw folks,
if you dont' mind we'll stick to this thread.
i compared both threads, and this seems to be having good info. and participation. Not to mention this thread's excel sheet is soothing to eyes compare to all the yellowish and blue colors irritating to eyes on the other one.

Tracker attached

Folks,
I just got into this boat and am open to share any information I may have.

Attached is the updated tracker.

I140 RD 07/10/2003

Joining the Line

Hi Everybody,

Updated my status and sorted the spreadsheet based on I-140 mailing dates.

4GreenCard, you have entered 2002 as the year. Is it 2002 or is it a typo.

In the spreadsheet:
I wanted to understand the difference between RD and I-140 receipt date and the difference between ND and I-140 Notice Date.

Can some please explain.

:cool:

How much does the medical exams (including vaccinations) cost? I had to shell out nearly 700 for myself and spouse, we had to take MMR, Tetanus vaccinations and TB and HIV test too. Is this normal or the doc fleeced me?

Joyd,

What you paid was OK.

At an average it costs about $350 per person.

You may have lowered these bills if you would have got these tests done under your companies medical insurance. And then took the results to the INS doctor.

That way one can save a lot of money.

Anyway try to get the $700 reimbursed by your Copany if possible. (if you had applied as an employment based green card)

The amount was ok. But I dont' think we can use our insurance company to get the results and show it to INS.

INS has a list of pre-approved hospitals/labs and we need to go only to the hospital on this list. And when you goto this hospital they tell you that you can't use your insurance. Coz the insurance premium you are paying every month is not for INS fees, rather its for your medical bills which are not INS bills.

Helpwanted,

I think I confused you. Here is how you can get it done.

You go to your Primary care provider covered by your company's insurance.
Tell him that you want all these tests done.
He will do all the tests and give you the results copy. Just pay him the copay.
Now take that result copy to your INS Medical Exam Doctor.
The doctor will examine the report and just charge you $80 for office visit. Based on the results he will fill up the INS Medical exam form.

If you read carefully, On the medical exam form. Its clealy written that "Take your Vaccinization and Imuunization records with you to the INS doctor".

The Bottom line is: If you already have the Vaccines Taken in past. Then its makes no sense for the INS doctor to give the vaccines all over again to you. Also the forms have to be filled, signed and sealed by the INS medical examiner. BUT the results of the tests can come from any other doctor. The INS medical examiner just evaluates the results and fills the form.

Way 1:
So if your company is reimbursing all your GC medical expenses than you can just pay the INS- medical exminer $350 per head and get your exams + Vaccine done and then get your money reimbursed from your company.

else

Way 2:
Get you medical exams done under your insurance and carry the results to the INS doctor and let him fill up the form.

Well I went through way 1 but I know people who have used way 2.

They both are OK I think.

The above are only my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.