Not open for further replies.
Re: Please add my info

Originally posted by Poput
I-140, 485, AP & EAD: MD - 9/4/03; ND; 9/10/03
EAD - 12/01/03; AP - 2/2/04;
140 AP - ??
485 - ??

Thank you

Poput, added your details, btw why couldn't you add it yourself?

140 RFE

My lawyer said that he has got a query for my I-140(ND: 5/21/03) recently.

He didnt say how much time we have to reply to it

Typically, how much time does VSC give us for answering 140 queries.

Re: 140 RFE

Originally posted by njguy007
My lawyer said that he has got a query for my I-140(ND: 5/21/03) recently.

He didnt say how much time we have to reply to it

Typically, how much time does VSC give us for answering 140 queries.

USCIS gives 3 months time to reply to the RFE. Did you get your EAD/AP? If so When?

-SafeNH

Re: Re: 140 RFE

Originally posted by SafeNH
USCIS gives 3 months time to reply to the RFE. Did you get your EAD/AP? If so When?

-SafeNH

I havent got EAD/AP yet. Is there any pattern to be followed for replying to RFES? Should we wait till say 2 months is over to file the response or can my lawyer do it immediately?

My RFE is due to Educational Evaluation.

Re: Re: Re: 140 RFE

Originally posted by njguy007
I havent got EAD/AP yet. Is there any pattern to be followed for replying to RFES? Should we wait till say 2 months is over to file the response or can my lawyer do it immediately?

My RFE is due to Educational Evaluation.

There is no pattern or rules as such.. I would say get the Education Evaluation ASAP and send it to USCIS... earlier the better.
With RFE on I140; hopefully your EAD and AP will also be approved along with I140... Good Luck!!!

-SafeNH

If i were you i would respnd to RFE ASAP. I don't see any benefit by dealying and i don' t think there are any patterns in replying to RFE. I think your are being too cautious. Don't worry. do it ASAP

and don't forget to sign the petition

at www.immigration.com and click on Request for your support in I485 litigation

hmd

EAD approved

Hi all,
Mine and My wife's EAD has been approved after more than 5 months of wait. No signs of AP yet...

ND: 08/20/2003
EAD approved: 02/02/2004

Thanx,
Jay.

After the 6 years on H1, is it better to get H1 extended for an year or get EAD every year until 485 gets approved? What are the pros and cons of H1 extension vs EAD? What happens if one looses job after 6 years, is it better to be on H1 or EAD? Can someone clear my confusion?

After the 6 years on H1, is it better to get H1 extended for an year or get EAD every year until 485 gets approved?

It is your call Read below.

What are the pros and cons of H1 extension vs EAD?
If you are on EAD and your I485 gets denied for some reason ( which is very unlikely) you can't get back to H1. Once you use EAD your H1 is invalid. Inorder to get H1 after you have EAD you have to apply for new H1. If have passed 6 years then you have to leave the country for one year and come back.
You can have EAD but not use it and still can stay on H1.

What happens if one looses job after 6 years, is it better to be on H1 or EAD? Can someone clear my confusion?
If you loose a job then it depends on your new employer whether he willing to to do H1 trasfer and he wants EAD. Obvisoly most employers prefer EAD because they don't have to worry about H1.

Originally posted by hmd
It is your call Read below.

If you are on EAD and your I485 gets denied for some reason ( which is very unlikely) you can't get back to H1. Once you use EAD your H1 is invalid. Inorder to get H1 after you have EAD you have to apply for new H1. If have passed 6 years then you have to leave the country for one year and come back.
You can have EAD but not use it and still can stay on H1.

If you loose a job then it depends on your new employer whether he willing to to do H1 trasfer and he wants EAD. Obvisoly most employers prefer EAD because they don't have to worry about H1.

Thanks HMD, that was useful!

AP Approved

Hi Guys,
My lawyers office just informed me that our AP is aproved.
But the online status says otherwise.

Our EAD got approved on 01/28/2003

Details :
Notice date 8/25/2003 140/485/765/131

AP : approved
140 pending
485 : pending

NVC

congrats NVC

Hi NVC,
What does the online status say? Does it still say Pending? Could you please let me know. My ND is 08/20/2003 and have not heard about AP yet.

Thanx,
Jay.

I have applied I-140 and 485 concurrently on 9/2003. I-140 not cleared so far. Is that possible to change the employer after 6months of applying 485, without I-140 approval?

Hi jay_gm

Hi jay_gm

Actually I had an RFE on my AP they required new photos , I had replied to them in the 1st week of december. After that the oline status was changed to :
"We have received your response to the information that we asked for. Because preliminary processing has already been carried out , it should take less than the specified time to process you application."
And that is what it still says on my online status. But my lawyer called me earlier today and told me that he has my approved AP documents in his hands. So I guess my AP was approved atleast two weeks back.

NVC

devadoss

I have applied I-140 and 485 concurrently on 9/2003. I-140 not cleared so far. Is that possible to change the employer after 6months of applying 485, without I-140 approval?

you are better off waiting until your I140 is approved if not your employer can revoke the I140 and your I485 is will get invalid/ Denied .

If he/she is willing to support your I140(like replying to RFE etc ) even after you leave him then your OK but to be on safer side i would wait until I140 is approved.

sign the petion at www.immigration.com and click Request for your support on I485 litigation and fill out the form. You will definitely gain and you have nothing to lose.

hmd

hmd

hmd, Thanks.
I got another question for you. Once my I-140 gets approved can I revoke 485 here and go to counselor processing. Or without withdrawing the 485 can I go for CP? Is that feasible practically?

Status
Not open for further replies.