July-Sept 2003 cases (Excel Attached) - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: hmd

Originally posted by devadoss
hmd, Thanks.
I got another question for you. Once my I-140 gets approved can I revoke 485 here and go to counselor processing. Or without withdrawing the 485 can I go for CP? Is that feasible practically?

Assuming that you have filed at VSC (since u are in Vermont thread) it would take longer if you switch to CP. You need to withraw your 485 and apply for I824. Search the forum I had earlier replied in detail about the timeline in doing so.

In most cases Cocurrent is better and faster than CP, or maybe justa difference of 2/3 months. Also once u withdraw your 485 remeber that your 765, 131 will be void.

hth
dyno

Once my I-140 gets approved can I revoke 485 here and go to counselor processing. Or without withdrawing the 485 can I go for CP? Is that feasible practically?

I doubt it but i am not sure .contact lawyer lot of ppl give you free counseling. Why do you want to do that anyway ??
if the law suit by Mr Khanna is going to be successfull then you need not worry about stuff like that..

look for the thread complaint and also thread can we settle on this basis on this forum

you will know what i am taking about

hmd

This may be one off topic, but thought maybe someone knows the answer. Does the H1b extension come under the yearly quota? Heard that the quota is over for this year, so what happens if one's H1 is expiring in October this year? They cannot get H1 extension? :-(

AP approved

Hi guys,
Our AP was approved today. Thank you all for your support. How long does it take to get the AP? And does it go to the lawyer or comes to us?

ND: 08/20/2003
EAD approved: 02/06/2004
AP approved: 02/19/2004
140 approved after RFE: 12/30/2003

Thanx,
Jay.

Hi guys have a question

Currently I am on my 7th year H1. But I never got my passport stamped with a visa for the 7th year H1.
My EAD and AP is approved and so is my wife's.
My wife's H4 is still being processed ( pending since 1 year ). Her H4 visa stamp on her passport has expired.
My question is can she travel to India and reenter using her AP , even though she doesnt have any H4 visa stamp on her passport ?

Thank You,
NVC

To NVC

Yes she can come in using AP. If you want to retain her H4 status, as you have a valid H1, she can also apply for H4 at a nearby US Consulate in India, get it stamped and come back.

Good luck
mdu123

Hi MDU123

Hi Mdu123 ..
Thanks... that thought never occurred to me that she could go to the US consulate in India and get her H4 stamped.
Thanks..
NVC

I140: EB3 Vermont....

New dates are outh there. I-140 they are processing March 28,2003. ( movement
of 6 days since the last update from VT)....

........At this rate when will we see our approvals.

Concerned......

I-140 ND 07/30/2003......

Anyone has anything to share

Guys....

Its been a long time, havent seen any new experiences in our thread... Looks like everything is at a standstill.

Please update with your experience/views/updates on 140/AP/EAD

Guys who are waiting for AP

Hi ..
Just a note to all the guys who are waiting for their AP..
I had applied for AP on 08/25/2003 .. got an RFE regarding Photos ..replied to RFE in Jan.
My AP is approved and is in my hands but the online status on the BCIS web site still says that my AP application is being processed.
So my advice is .. call your respective lawyers from time to time and check if your Lawyer received your AP or Not ..cant trust the online status message no more ..
Later ...
NVC

Were there any 140 approvals recently? Even though the date has moved by a week or so on the VSC website, I don't see any approvals for people in our forum :-(

Thanks

Immigrationwatch.com says that VSC has approved 92 i140 apps in first 23 days of Feb 04, almost 4 approvals a day, surprisingly this is highest number in all service centers, others have not even approved this mutch in same period.

4 approvals a day? how many are pending?

if u and me work 8 hours a day, don't u think that we can approve more ?

what is all this?

1 person can work on more applications if he/she works only for 8 hours.

this is real sick.

AP Approved

Guys

At last my AP was approved on 2/3/04 and I received from lawyer 2 days back. I have updated my info in spreadsheet. It took 174 days to approved and they have approved after almost two month of EAD approval.

Hard to swallow....

Any one has any idea how many applications are filed per month???

When do you think that we (July-Sep) would start getting our I-140 approved at this rate??? March 2003 is going on I guess.

Should be lucky to get queries as they are approved faster!!!

Do you think that if we filed concurrent they would get their 485 cleared faster as their files would jump right ahead of us???

Status
Not open for further replies.