July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Talking about updates...

My DO is California not Texas. I don't think it really matters but just to give people a prosper perspective of my timeline and progress. Thanks Trinigirl.

O MY GOD GUYS, As I was typing I said, if he got his ead, then I sould go check to see I got mine too. AND I got this . Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On October 27, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thank you guys for all the support. I could not manage to keep it together with none of you July/August filers. I know I fight on the other threads. But this is my baby here, the one place I come and you make me feel like patience is really a vertue. Thank you again. I can't stop smiling.

Congrats!:D

Congrats Trinigirl....What a relief. We were monitoring you very closely. Based on our timeline, we were hoping that you would get your EAD around one month after FP and exactly that is what happened. Hurrah...

Thank you guys. Hopefully I'll receive it sometime in a week or two. I won't stress now that I know it's on its way

Trini

Can you add me to the list? I thought I was on the spreadsheet before and now, unless I'm totally overlooking it I'm not there :(

My lawyer was an idiot and didn't over night it and it was sent from Canada so it's not really bad considering

I do not belong to this thread (applied in Sep) but have a question:

I called USCIS today morning that I haven't got any update on FP for either I-765 or I-485 (don't know if they are different or one) and that the status of I-485 and I-130 have not appeared online.

The IO in the backend said that your I-765 has been approved on Oct 26, even though the website says its still pending. I asked that don't you need FP for EAD card and on website it says pending? He said it depends on case to case and that I schedule an INFOPASS and inquire about the FP notice required for EAD. Also, the website may take upto 10 business days to get updated.

So, I don't know if I shud be happy or did he tell about I-131 (AP) status which was approved on Oct 26.

Also, is the thing that family based EAD does not come before FP a fact or a rumor? For those interested, my wife had an EAD from F1 OPT which expired in January this year -- that one also did not have FP.

Omorpheus,
I really don't know if FP is definitely required for the EAD for family based applications or not. Now we are in the same DO, I did my biometrics on 10/25 at 10:00AM in CA which will be 1:00PM EST. I understand it takes anywhere from 24-48 hours for the FP results to be sent back to USCIS from FBI. So at the earliest, I was expecting my results to come in by the 26th or the 27th. That will mean that my EAD approval should happen shortly then after. However, I came home same day to see that I had an LUD for my I765 and I485. My I765 card production was ordered same day - it looked weird but I accepted it. Even my I485 worked for the first time on the online status check that same day. Now I wait to see if my FP will be available on my EAD card when I receive it or not - I will let you know and maybe that can help shed some light on your case?

Ead

Thank you guys. Hopefully I'll receive it sometime in a week or two. I won't stress now that I know it's on its way

Hi Trinigirl
Based on our case, we can tell you that you can expect to get another LUD on your I-765 within 5 days that "EAD approved". In fact it is that day that USCIS mails your card.

Good luck

Omorpheus,
I really don't know if FP is definitely required for the EAD for family based applications or not. Now we are in the same DO, I did my biometrics on 10/25 at 10:00AM in CA which will be 1:00PM EST. I understand it takes anywhere from 24-48 hours for the FP results to be sent back to USCIS from FBI. So at the earliest, I was expecting my results to come in by the 26th or the 27th. That will mean that my EAD approval should happen shortly then after. However, I came home same day to see that I had an LUD for my I765 and I485. My I765 card production was ordered same day - it looked weird but I accepted it. Even my I485 worked for the first time on the online status check that same day. Now I wait to see if my FP will be available on my EAD card when I receive it or not - I will let you know and maybe that can help shed some light on your case?

Thanks for the info Danshikie. You did an FP for Code 3 as most of the people. If I understand correctly, EAD application says Code 2 and I-485 says code 3. So, that means that FP is not required for EAD? Am I missing something here?

Did everyone who got their EADs and had Code 3 FP done have their FPs on EAD card?

Also, did anyone receive their EAD card with online status still showing received and pending?

Don't sweat the website, I received my EAD and AP more than a month ago, and the website says is still processing :eek:.
As per the fingerprints, I had mines taken exclusively for the EAD (I-485 based) but my old one which was OPT based did not have FP, so I guess it is possible to have an EAD without FP. My advice... rejoice and be happy :D

I called USCIS today morning that I haven't got any update on FP for either I-765 or I-485 (don't know if they are different or one) and that the status of I-485 and I-130 have not appeared online.

The IO in the backend said that your I-765 has been approved on Oct 26, even though the website says its still pending. I asked that don't you need FP for EAD card and on website it says pending? He said it depends on case to case and that I schedule an INFOPASS and inquire about the FP notice required for EAD. Also, the website may take upto 10 business days to get updated.

So, I don't know if I shud be happy or did he tell about I-131 (AP) status which was approved on Oct 26.

Also, is the thing that family based EAD does not come before FP a fact or a rumor? For those interested, my wife had an EAD from F1 OPT which expired in January this year -- that one also did not have FP.

Hi Trinigirl,
I have been reading this thread for a while. Congrats on your EAD. Can you tell me which 1-800 number did you call to get all the information? Can you also call that number to check up on my case? I can the number that is provided on the online status website, it is answered by a machine and stats the same thing. I want to talk to an officer who can give me an update on my case.
Also, I had bad experience with my lawyer as well. Sometimes I think we are our own best lawyer...hahaha

I thought that I-765 and I-485 needed FP (code 3).

My EAD I just got has one of my prints on it, I do not know which finger it is, but the picture is on the left and the finger print on the right.

But if they say it depends on the case, I hope they are correct, although maybe they have mistaken it with your I-131.

Hope it works out for you.