July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Update

We got Finger Print appointment notice again for 10/05. First time Finger Prints were done on 8/30 and were not readable.
I was just wondering, do they move ahead and processthe 485 or just wait till the finger prints are done and do nothing.

TimeLine is in signature

Trinigirl,

I married to a USC and sent the package with all the forms on Aug 29th. RD was on Aug 30th, but I did not received a ND and the checks haven't been cashed. Please include me on your excel file.

Received Interview Letter today.... But still no updates on the USCIS website !!!

Hi...

Today we received the interview letters from our local District Office. In fact we were not expecting any news from USCIS so soon. So I presume NBC has transferred our files to Local DO for final adjudication. At this stage I sincerely hope there will not be any RFE, to delay the process.

The funniest thing is that we have not seen any change in our status on the USCIS website after the Biometrics on 8/23 and the first LUD on 8/24 for I-765 & I-485. Since then, there is no trace of I-130 & I-131 although we received all notices.

However the good news is that interview letters have come 3 weeks after Biometrics.

I sincerely wish USCIS do something on their website to provide timely, accurate and reliable info for the customers.

All you guys, who have been contributing so much through this forum and who have been waiting so long please be patient... your long awaited papers are on the way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please guys help me or give me some idea

i received my I-130 approval today on 09/14/07, i filed I-485 on july-13 and application came back stating they want a proof of I-130 filed, so on august 4, 2007 i filed the same application with i-130 receipt of notice with 2 checks, one of $1010(new fees for I-485 that included I-765) and separate check of $340 for I-765, thinking that they will return this $340 check if not needed, i was confused in between the dates because when i applied initially it was July 13 and then i returend the same application with I-130 receipt of notice attached and that was in august, again there are two checks one of $1010 and second of $340, today is 09/14/07, the checks are not cashed yet nor returned or no action, anybody as an idea whats going on or what can happend, beacuse i saw this link and now i am getting nervous....
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

I-765

Does anyone know what the effective date USCIS will use on our EAD cards? Do they just pick a date after we complete fingerprints or what date do they use? I remember when I asked for I-765 as a F-1 student I could pick dates when I needed to start my summer jobs (it was written on my I-20) but now I have no clue.
Also Trinigirl, which doctor did you pick in Vegas to do your medical and how much did you have to pay? I looked at the list and all the foreign sounding names kinda scare me (sorry if I sound weird to some people). I found a doctor in LA who I can do the medical with (came accross him after I talked to my friend and her husband is going through the same process as me). So for now it looks like I'm just gonna go to LA for a week to hang out with my friend (can't work anyway since I don't have a work permit- ha ha) and will get it done there.
Hope that wouldn't be a problem for the officers.

I-693

So I just got off the phone with USCIS customer service and was told that since I didn't mail in my medical with I-485 they will send me a request of evidence letter which will put a hold on my EAD- I didn't know that was the case. Well now I know I have to get it done ASAP- just wish I didn't have to wait for the letter to mail it back to them (the person on the phone said it may take 30 days for me to receive a letter from them :mad: ). I'm mad at them and myself because I shouldn't have listened to the local immigrations when they told me I can either send it in (but I had financial issues and on top of it wouldn't be able to mail it out before the fee increase) or just bring it when I have my interview. Oh well, I guess you can't trust what they tell you. On the website it says:
"If filing for adjustment of status at a local office, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, at the time of your adjustment of status interview." I guess I shouldn't have read into it thinking they are going to transfer my case into the local office because that's where I'll have my interview. Gosh, this whole process is making me so frustrated. The company I worked for previously is holding my job but I don't think they'll be happy hearing that it may not be 90 days in total but even longer than that. Maybe I should convince my hubby to move out to Europe and find a job there :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure with my BS and MBA I won't have such a hard time finding a job and especially getting a work permit if I decide to work outside my home country- lol.

hi trini i received my receipt notices for I-765, I-485, I-130 finally today in the mailbox notice date sept 10th, I am unable to acess the receipt numbers online!!

Hi folks,

I will be getting my US citizenship this week and I have some questions regarding the various forms. Can you please help me:

1. Do all the forms be printed back to back or single sided? I-864, I-130, I-485, G-325A, I-131, I-765. Does it really matter?

2. The G-325A form which I submit for my wife, do I have to sign where it says "signature of applicant" and also what should I check in:
This form is submitted in connection with application for:
a) Naturalization
b) Other
c) Status as Permanent Resident?

For my wife, I marked (c), for my form also should I mark (c)?

3. For I-485, in part 1, it asks for Date of last arrival, I-94 # and Current USCIS status and expires on. Since my wife is on F1, her visa expires next year but I-94 has D/S written under date. What should I put there? F1 visa expiry or I-94 expiry?

4. In part 2 of I-485 (application type), it says, I am applying because:

a) an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been
approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or
special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an
immediately available visa number, if approved.)

b) my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence
in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.

and so on ...

Should i mark a) or something else?

I really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
Morpheus

Hi folks,

I will be getting my US citizenship this week and I have some questions regarding the various forms. Can you please help me:

1. Do all the forms be printed back to back or single sided? I-864, I-130, I-485, G-325A, I-131, I-765. Does it really matter?

2. The G-325A form which I submit for my wife, do I have to sign where it says "signature of applicant" and also what should I check in:
This form is submitted in connection with application for:
a) Naturalization
b) Other
c) Status as Permanent Resident?

For my wife, I marked (c), for my form also should I mark (c)?

3. For I-485, in part 1, it asks for Date of last arrival, I-94 # and Current USCIS status and expires on. Since my wife is on F1, her visa expires next year but I-94 has D/S written under date. What should I put there? F1 visa expiry or I-94 expiry?

4. In part 2 of I-485 (application type), it says, I am applying because:

a) an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been
approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or
special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an
immediately available visa number, if approved.)

b) my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence
in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.

and so on ...

Should i mark a) or something else?

I really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
Morpheus

Hi as you can see on my signature I was also a F1 student who married a USC. Here is my input and how we did our thing, but get some additional confirmations, because although everything seems to be going fine in our process at this point we may still get an RFI because with USCIS you never know.

Answers:

1) We printed single sided. I personnally think it makes it easier to follow, and really a few pages "lost" for such an important goal doesn't really matter. Plus on this website somewhere there was a link that explains how contractors in the mail room go through the first triage of packages, and how they organize our forms and documents and pictures, I would think that if it weren't single sided it would make it difficult for them to do what the memo told them to do. But do what you want.

2) First of all, every time that form is requested, give the 4 pages (of the same thing).
When it asks one for the petitioner, that would be you since you are/will be the USC. Whoever fills those papers (G325A)is the applicant. I had called USCIS on that one and that's what they told me to do. So for example if I-130 required (can't remember if it was I-485 or I 130 or both) a copy of G-325A from the USC, and one from the immigrant, you must both fill in one copy of G325A (the 4 pages remember) and sign as applicant. You are applying also for her and she is applying for herself, therefore you are both applicants.

This part I am sure because the "NAZI" I spoke to at USCIS on the phone that day and asked that question was screaming at me as if I were an illiterate A..hole coming to his country to steal his job.

We were also told to put for both of our forms "permanent resident" even though she is a born USC, but this filing is for my permanent residency.

3)Asked USCIS there too. Last date of entry and port of entry is written on I-94. If it says D/S like it did on mine, that means the I-94 expiration date is the expiration date of her I-20. Don't lie to them, if I-20 expired, like mine did, put the correct I-20 expiration date there, make a copy of the I-20 even, and attach a letter to explain why you put that date and that her I-94 said D/S but you put the expiration date of I-20.

It makes it easier on them, thus on you too, if you explain everything. You will be surprised how people let things go easier when you show them that you know what you are doing and you aren't illiterate. Don't forget you will still have to attach a copy of the I-94.

Every additional explanation should be typed, dated and signed (emphasis on signed)

When the F1 visa expired is not when her I-94 expired, the I-20 is when it expired.

4)I had trouble there too because we filed everything concurrently so a) although sounding good did not fit me because we did not already have an approval.

I asked the USCIS guy on the phone and he told me to select "OTHER".
ANd write something like this: "Immediate relative of a USC who is concurrently filing I-130 with me"

Make sure you mention: "CONCURRENTLY"

NOTE: You say you are to become a USC. My wife is an American by birth. I would think that there are no second class citizens in the USA, therefore you could petition for her the same way as a born American from American parents for many generations. Nevertheless check see if you are allowed to petition for someone as soon as you yourself get citizenship or if you have a waiting period. I would think: NO !!! But please make sure.

NOTE 2: I am not a lawyer, just telling you what we did. And we made it to the FP notice with no problems so far.

Thanks a lot for the detailed response constructus. I will file single sided all the forms (so much for paper reduction). My wife's F1 is valid till Aug next year and her I-20 till Dec next year and she is keeping her F1 status just not to let any other hassles come in between. I am bleeding $8 grand a sem though :-(

I checked with a lawyer and other forums that as soon as you get the Naturalization certificate, you can file the case same day. Even though fees is more than doubled but we get Advance Parole and EAD for free :), so some consolation there.

Glad to find you on this forum.

One last thing, did you type everything in the forms in CAPS? Thanks

Thanks a lot for the detailed response constructus. I will file single sided all the forms (so much for paper reduction). My wife's F1 is valid till Aug next year and her I-20 till Dec next year and she is keeping her F1 status just not to let any other hassles come in between. I am bleeding $8 grand a sem though :-(

I checked with a lawyer and other forums that as soon as you get the Naturalization certificate, you can file the case same day. Even though fees is more than doubled but we get Advance Parole and EAD for free :), so some consolation there.

Glad to find you on this forum.

One last thing, did you type everything in the forms in CAPS? Thanks

Hi,

first of all I am new here, and don't want to offend some REGULARS, as if I know anything they don't. Just sharing my info and experience aquired from my insenscent calls to USCIS when I filed.

As for your question, I printed the paperwork forms and then filled them out by hand. Nevertheless, I wrote everything CAPITALYZED. My handwritting isn't very good (LOL. I think it is but most people see otherwise) . I wanted them to be able to read it clearly and not get any RFE's for lack of clarity.

Some forms specify to fill the form in print style which just means using capital letters but to be sure I filled everything using that style, no need to use your computer to fill everything out though.

As for the additional info or clarifications you will attach to make your case as detailed as possible, use your computer (TYPE not all in capitals) to address those issues, and then your/her name and sign.

Your wife is in good status, so everything will be pretty easy. Even my case isn't complicated, so her's should be even easier.

Another thing, is to not make anything delayed, submit everything in the package: do not forget to attach the I-693 (medical), it will delay your case if you forget that because you will have to wait for an RFI which as a poster above is experiencing can take up to an additional month to receive.

Check this for more information about how RFI's or RFE's can affect your waiting process: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=16

Thanks a lot for the information and making things easier. Yes, I already have the I-693 form and will attach that for sure. After reading this forum found out that I-131 and I-765 can be filed for free which is pretty valuable information.

I will keep you updated and hope you get your Interview letter soon ... All the best to everyone !!!

Yey my checks got cashed today. Please update.

I saw another thread similar to this. I will keep this thread updated as it seems to be more active.

8/20 mailed by FEDEX
8/21 received by chicago box
9/15 checks cashed

Another story, remember last week I told you guys that USCIS sent some notices and it was returned to them because my address was incorrect. I also told you that I call and told them that the address was correct, they told me they were resending the notices, and that my case was being transfered to my local office.

Well I received those notices today. But you would not guess what I saw when I opened the mail. All three (I-130; I-485 and I-765) notices that was sent to my lawyer's office that he never received. When I looked at the address, USCIS inputed it wrong in their data base. My lawyer stamped his address on the G form, so it was not an error on his part.

The bottom line is, if things are taking a little longer than usual please call and make sure that USCIS have the correct address in their data base.

This Reply Is For Omorpheus, Please Do Not Ask Questions Regarding Forms In This Thread , This Thread Is For People To Update On Weather Theyhave Recived Receipts. When I Click On This Thread I Do Not Want To See People Talking About How To Print Out Or What To Sign On A G325 Form There Are Other Threads For That, Pls Can We All Keep This Thread As What IT Is , Thank You!!!

This Reply Is For Omorpheus, Please Do Not Ask Questions Regarding Forms In This Thread , This Thread Is For People To Update On Weather Theyhave Recived Receipts. When I Click On This Thread I Do Not Want To See People Talking About How To Print Out Or What To Sign On A G325 Form There Are Other Threads For That, Pls Can We All Keep This Thread As What IT Is , Thank You!!!

I am sorry if I offended anyone by posting my questions. I thought that since people are discussing form fees, so I can ask questions on them. I was wrong.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful information provided on this alias. I really appreciate all your responses especially constructus.

Good luck everyone.

I am sorry if I offended anyone by posting my questions. I thought that since people are discussing form fees, so I can ask questions on them. I was wrong.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful information provided on this alias. I really appreciate all your responses especially constructus.

Good luck everyone.

Omorpheus, I almost resonded to bootney's post this morning and had to stop myself. But seeing that his post made you feel so discouraged from asking an important question, I had to say something.

I started this thread...... And I will apologize on his/her behalf. You can come and ask any question on this thread whenever you like, if someone have the answer they will answer you, if not will politely give you a link were you can find what you are looking for. Once again I'm sorry for the mix up and again feel free to ask whatever you like. As I can see consructous helped you, and I would like to thank him for that.

And to you Bootney, I did start this for the reason you stated, but it's nice to see we can help another member with some info now and then.

And next time, as I often do like quote members "When I Click On This Thread I Do Not Want To See People Talking About" what they don't want to see, because this is a free forum. So please try not to be so rude. Thank you. By the way if that sound rude to you, that what sound like. Bootney please, let be friends we have a few months getting to know each other.

Thanks a lot for the kind words trinigirl and also didn't mean to sound rude to Bootney.

I agree that in free lists, you oughta help your fellow people else people will get discouraged from writing their experiences on these forums from which many people get benefited.

Ofcourse, I know that all the communication is not one way. I will definitely fill you guys in once I submit my application in 3 days. When I applied for my Citizenship (N-400), I spent 10 hours going through 135 pages of posts and other websites and posted what to expect in N-400 interview (including my experience) and oath and other experiences of people, which was really appreciated.

We r all a family with one problem -- to stay united with our families in US. Lets help each other.

I know he will understand that you was not being rude to him. Maybe he did not want to see such a long post. I also thought it was long, so I did not read it. also It had nothing to do with updates and someone had already given you the answer you were looking for. Please do update us thank you.