July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Is there an updated version of this spreadsheet posted somewhere other than the one f

Trinigirl,

Is there an updated version of this spreadsheet (July_August Time Tracker without Receipts) posted somewhere other than the one found on the first page of this Post?

The reason, I am asking you this is because, the USCIS Press Release clearly states that "USCIS has completed data entry and has issued notices for applications and petitions recieved on or before this date, which is 07/29/2007" for Chicgo Lockbox, but on your spreadsheet (one found on the first page of this Post), it is reflecting that the checks are not cashed for many of them whose application was recieved on or before 07/29/2007.

Do they process the applications without cashing the cheks? I assume no.

Any comments??????

No checks must be cashed first, so they have receipt of payment from you..... they don't waste time processing applications with bounce checks....lol.

books12345> I am in a same predicament. I filed everything early July but forgot to include the $70 biometric fee. I got Receipt for all the filings but now that I sent the check, I have not received any notice and the check has not cleared yet. I know that USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my check because of the delivery confirmation:(

Last edited by a moderator:
books12345> I am in a same predicament. I filed everything early July but forgot to include the $70 biometric fee. I got Receipt for all the filings but now that I sent the check, I have not received any notice and the check has not cleared yet. I know that USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my check because of the delivery confirmation:(

lol..
i di the same thing, so i had to call and ask and they told me that my receipts were issued by july 30th but i haven't seen anything yet, and i just got the tip from the IO, that i did not pay the finger printing fee, so i mailed them a check for 80.00 on the 9th of this month, and they gotb the mail, but checks not cashed yet.....

Trinigirl,

Is there an updated version of this spreadsheet (July_August Time Tracker without Receipts) posted somewhere other than the one found on the first page of this Post?

The reason, I am asking you this is because, the USCIS Press Release clearly states that "USCIS has completed data entry and has issued notices for applications and petitions recieved on or before this date, which is 07/29/2007" for Chicgo Lockbox, but on your spreadsheet (one found on the first page of this Post), it is reflecting that the checks are not cashed for many of them whose application was recieved on or before 07/29/2007.

Do they process the applications without cashing the cheks? I assume no.

Any comments??????

This was an earlier post so I cant change it. I am still waiting for August filers to post their info, so far not many. Once you post on a thread we all keep coming back to discuss any updates.

Checks Cashed

Finally, I see that the checks for both I-130 and I-485 were cashed on Aug 20th. The receipt number on the back of the check (image avail through my bank) is hardly readable as they have stamped all over the place.

Next update after the Rcpt is received I guess.

Checks cleared finally

Finally checks cleared on 08/21. I was able to decipher the receipt numbers...lol ...different # for each 131, 130 and 485

Last edited by a moderator:
Online Status Anyone?

Is anyone able to see the status online for July/August filers?

Also I want to confirm if I read the receipt numbers correctly from the back of the checks. My numbers are:
MSC0731xxxxxA
MSC0731xxxxxB
MSC0731xxxxxC
MSC0731xxxxxD

where A, B, C, D are simultaneous numbers. I think the 07 after MSC stands for 2007..something.

Does anyone else have numbers starting with MSC0731?

You probably reading those correctly. As far as I have heard - 07 is for the year,then 3 numbers after that is the number of the day in USCIS year, then the number for the application for that day.
Mine is 07297XXXXX
And, yes, they usually go in order (the a,b,c,d you mentioned).
SInceyou do not have the receips yet, maybe that's why they do not show up on their website. Mine showed up the second day after I got the receips in the mail.

Based on my prior experiences the actual receipt number may vary than the one on the back of the check. But then you never know with INS-BCIS-USCIS-DHS USCIS ever changing procedures....lol

Also, the receipt numbers on the back of my checks start with MSC0731XXXXXX and its all numeric other than MSC in the beginning. So in nutshell to each its own and if you are looking for consistency...look far far away from USCIS:D

GC for Mother filed at Chicago lockbox

I applied for GC for Mother to Chicago Lockbox.
I got an FP appointment for Aug 30th. On the letter, there is a number that starts with MSC..., I was able to check the status for this number- it says this
"Current Status: Case received and pending.
"On August 6, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case."
Also it says that it is at the National Benefits Center

However no separate receipt numbers for 1-130 or I-131 in the mail. Any idea if they process the I-130 also at the same National Benefits Center
The numbers that were generated on the back of the cheques when the cheques were cashed however do not show up on the system.

How do they generate Receipt Numbers.. A good guess

I applied for GC for Mother to Chicago Lockbox.
I got an FP appointment for Aug 30th. On the letter, there is a number that starts with MSC..., I was able to check the status for this number- it says this
"Current Status: Case received and pending.
"On August 6, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case."
Also it says that it is at the National Benefits Center

However no separate receipt numbers for 1-130 or I-131 in the mail. Any idea if they process the I-130 also at the same National Benefits Center
The numbers that were generated on the back of the cheques when the cheques were cashed however do not show up on the system.

If you submit I-130/131/765/485 concurrently at USCIS lockbox enclosing a single check to cover fees for all the petitons, when the check is cashed you will find only one number starting with MSC followed by 10 digits at the back of the check. Probably this numer is for I-130. When USCIS enter the details of petitions into their data base three more receipt numbers are generated for I-485/765/131. FP notice is sent only for I-485 and 765 (with code 3 which means 10 finger print and your photo) which are required for embossing on to the plastic GC and EAD. If the petitioner does not apply for I-765(EAD), FP notice will have only one reference MSC Receipt number which is for 485.

With the current backlog it will take pretty while to see updates on the USCIS. Probably you will receive notice for FP well before RD, and updates available on USCIS website, couple of days after FP is completed.

Regarding processing centers, I-131/765 are definitely processed at MSC ( ie NBC at Missouri). I-485 is processed at MSC, if no interview is required.(most of the cases for parents and may be children). If a personal interview is required, like, for spouces to verify bonafide marriage, and all cases including some cases for parents and other complicated cases will be done at the DO.

I/130 will be processed at MSC/CSC/VSC depending on work load between the centers. Of late cases have been transferred to CSC (California) for faster processing.

Finally when interview is completed successfully approval is granted on the spot by stamping I-551 (Temp GC) on your passport, by which time I-130 would have been approved and presuming FBI name and background checks had ben completed. If FBI reports are pending, which may in some cases take very long time, the I-485 is approved but no stamping will be done and you remain in LIMBO, which is the hardest part.

---- I am not a lawyer, I have gathered above info through the forum and people who had undergone this ordeal ---

Good Luck.

If you submit I-130/131/765/485 concurrently at USCIS lockbox enclosing a single check to cover fees for all the petitons, when the check is cashed you will find only one number starting with MSC followed by 10 digits at the back of the check. Probably this numer is for I-130. When USCIS enter the details of petitions into their data base three more receipt numbers are generated for I-485/765/131. FP notice is sent only for I-485 and 765 (with code 3 which means 10 finger print and your photo) which are required for embossing on to the plastic GC and EAD. If the petitioner does not apply for I-765(EAD), FP notice will have only one reference MSC Receipt number which is for 485.

With the current backlog it will take pretty while to see updates on the USCIS. Probably you will receive notice for FP well before RD, and updates available on USCIS website, couple of days after FP is completed.

Regarding processing centers, I-131/765 are definitely processed at MSC ( ie NBC at Missouri). I-485 is processed at MSC, if no interview is required.(most of the cases for parents and may be children). If a personal interview is required, like, for spouces to verify bonafide marriage, and all cases including some cases for parents and other complicated cases will be done at the DO.

I/130 will be processed at MSC/CSC/VSC depending on work load between the centers. Of late cases have been transferred to CSC (California) for faster processing.

Finally when interview is completed successfully approval is granted on the spot by stamping I-551 (Temp GC) on your passport, by which time I-130 would have been approved and presuming FBI name and background checks had ben completed. If FBI reports are pending, which may in some cases take very long time, the I-485 is approved but no stamping will be done and you remain in LIMBO, which is the hardest part.

---- I am not a lawyer, I have gathered above info through the forum and people who had undergone this ordeal ---

Good Luck.

Coho.. YOu guessed right... your information is almost perfect.
i did my homework......lol.:)

PLEASE ADD.. question!

Dist Office: Washington, Filed in: Nebraska, Category: Spouse, Mailed: 07/26, Received: 07/28, Check Cashed: 08/16, Notice Date: 07/26 (yepp.. it says July 26).

I was trying to look up my Case Status online but it says that it doesn't recognize my receipt number. Has anyone else had this experience? How long does it typically take to get the FP Notice? Thanks in advance for your answers! :)

how can i subscribe to this post? I would like to read latest updates through my email address. Thanks.

On the top of the thread (first post) there is something that says "Thread Tools" Click on it.

Then, there will be 3 options, the last one says "Subscribe" click on it. And Follow the instructions.

No receipt yet...

Guys,

I am also on the same boat. I filed for my Dad on 07/25/2007 and there is no receipt yet. I called USCIS and according to them, it might take around 90 days to get the receipt.

Thanks.

Raj.