July 2011 Filers

I personally think they should assign some sort of a number to the packet as soon as they receive it so it would be easier to track in case something goes awry. I dont want the entire USCIS outsourced either .... no telling what kind of chaos that would unleash....

Yes yes and yes...I completely agree... :)
it honestly only been 14 working days since I mailed mine in...so I really don't know what is going on, I guess I'll call em again on Monday to find out about the trace etc...maybe if I cave in I'll call em tomorrow...

Did you remember to mark on the envelope "Not to be signed for by CHYBA":):)? Welcome!

Ha ha thats the best line yet. So if we didnt send it by courier say by regular mail, the address is different for that, would that packet go to the same lockbox?

For those waiting for activity on their app's , what form of payment did you use ?
Reason I ask is that I used Money orders to avoid any delays in payment processing times. Cause from what I have seen the times to cash and process checks do cause payment delays .The delays depend on bank processing times , uscis waits to see if it clears, etc.

For those waiting for activity on their app's , what form of payment did you use ?
Reason I ask is that I used Money orders to avoid any delays in payment processing times. Cause from what I have seen the times to cash and process checks do cause payment delays .The delays depend on bank processing times , uscis waits to see if it clears, etc.

No decent bank takes more than 3 working days...for check clearing...

Nah on this one I beg to differ. Check clearing turnarounds are only a couple of days. Unless you're writing phony checks, who would risk that with USCIS?

Nah on this one I beg to differ. Check clearing turnarounds are only a couple of days. Unless you're writing phony checks, who would risk that with USCIS?

Well if your application is with Chyba, you might as well, not like they are gonna get cashed anyway...lol

I really feel for the july filers that have to deal with the CHYBA .

If i get interrogated about CHYBA in my interview i will hold all of you accountable lol....

Anyway good luck to all and keep your sanity during the longest 3 months of our lives .

I really feel for the july filers that have to deal with the CHYBA .

If i get interrogated about CHYBA in my interview i will hold all of you accountable lol....

Anyway good luck to all and keep your sanity during the longest 3 months of our lives .

Thanks Matt...Chyba THANKFULLY is just a pvt contractor's employee working at the lockbox and NOT a USCIS agent... lol

May be chyba was having a bad few weeks. I hope some miracle happens and he turns into a merciful, loving, happy person who does not have to be spiteful or incompetent.

No news yet. Makes me sad.

**Update on my status**

Woo Hoo Called the bank and checks were cashed yesterday :)

With this being said, does that mean our application was in order, and everything filled out correctly. Or is there still a chance our app. can be sent back??

Another question, since we have not received any mail, text, or e-mails of confirmation how can I obtain our receipt #??

At this point your application cannot be "sent back". You are in. What can happen is you could get an RFE to clarify something or other. You are on track at this point!!

@ ananga73 Awesome!!! Thanks

I hope I receive something in the mail within the next few days that contains my receipt # that way I' am able to check my status on line...And pray that CHYBA "DID NOT" sign my app... :(

Oh and to "MANTIKOS" not sure if you have tried this certain e-mail address, but it might worth a shot I found it on the USCIS's website with the following comments!!!

"If you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the Service Center, you may contact the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov."

@ ananga73 Awesome!!! Thanks

I hope I receive something in the mail within the next few days that contains my receipt # that way I' am able to check my status on line...And pray that CHYBA "DID NOT" sign my app... :(

Oh and to "MANTIKOS" not sure if you have tried this certain e-mail address, but it might worth a shot I found it on the USCIS's website with the following comments!!!

"If you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the Service Center, you may contact the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov."

Did you not sign up for email and text message notification? If you had filled out that form and attached it, you would have had the notification by text/email without needing to wait for the paper receipt. You're out of CHYBA's lair since they already cashed the checks. Another one got away!:)

Last edited by a moderator: