July 2011 Filers

The email address I used is
Lockboxsupport@dhs.com
Sent it on july 19,2011, I will write on this thread if get a reply, also will call them when both of my wife and I can talk to them together. Thank you so much for starting this thread, how about starting a thread only for j. Chyba?

I am glad this thread is helping all of us out...

I think a Chyba thread might be a good idea...let's wait on USCIS's response to the WTC, if there is any suspicion of foul play or Chyba not fulfilling his/her fiduciary duty then we should start a new thread of everyone affected and the best way to inform USCIS of the issue faced by everyone who was handled by Chyba...perhaps a mass of e-mails and WTC's all showing issues with cases handled by Chyba would do it, maybe congressmen/women need to be contacted...let's base our actions based on the response we get from USCIS...

I think there def needs to be a sticky of the people who accept our packets and put some sort of rating system. If its received by someone we have had a bad experience e.g. CHYBA we can raise an alarm sooner than later.

Hello mantikos, using this site from my mobile, will have to get to a desktop before I can update my signature. Sent the uscis a mail saying j. Chyba got my mail and lost it. Thank you everybody else and goodluck, I will update my experience as I go through it.

Out of curiosity how did you find out that CHYBA lost your packet?

I think there def needs to be a sticky of the people who accept our packets and put some sort of rating system. If its received by someone we have had a bad experience e.g. CHYBA we can raise an alarm sooner than later.

I think that too is a great idea!
We really should get a guru's opinion in this...maybe TripleCitizen and a couple other should read the last few pages of this thread and chime in...and we can proceed based on your ideas and thier opinion...someone wanna go get the gurus to read these last few pages?

Hello rock8man, it was a figure of speech, I told them j. Chyba received my package and haven't heard from uscis, not a text email period. I will post the mail I sent them here later at night when I can get to a desktop

Btw, this is the e-mail I sent:

Hello,

I had mailed in my Adjustment of Status application including forms I-130, I-485, G-325a, G-1145, I-131, I-693, I-765 and I-864 as well as 2 personal checks for the appropriate fees to the Chicago Lockbox facility on 6/28/2011 and it was received and signed for by Agent Chyba on 6/29 at 10:17 am.

The personal checks mailed with the package have not been cashed yet and I have not received an e-mail/text message based on my detail in form G-1145 yet and was hoping to get a status update from you.
Thank you for your time.

ar sir/ madam We, ............and .......filed petition I 130 and I 485 concurrently on july 7, 2011. We shipped it overnight through fedex to the following address : Uscis Fbas 131 south dearborn 3rd floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517 The tracking number for this package : 8758 3176 2936 According to fedex it was delivered next day(on the july 8, 2011) and signed by Mr. J. Chyba. Till this day of us emailing to you (july 19, 2011) we have not received any text or email verifying that USCIS has accepted our petition. We are doing this paperwork without a lawyear and we are worried if we have done everything properly. We would atleast like to know if our petition was accepted or being returned to us. Thank you for your kind attention to this matter..........................that's what I wrote to uscis

Hello mantikos, j. Chyba couldn't be on vacation in your case, since you sent the package on june 29 and I sent it on july 7, he signed it on july 8 (7.00 am)

Mantikos, it appears to me that the most likely explanation is your package is being returned to you.

1. I HOPE NOT
2. Based on the discussion I had with tier 2 support today, that is most likely NOT the case (she said 'if they had to return it you would have it by now, some ppl just take 4-6 weeks' and based on reading experiences of others here there are a NUMBER of cases that took longer than a month, whereas mine has not even been 30 days)
3. There is no way for anyone to know that...
4. I repeat I HOPE NOT
5. I would prefer to be positive and being delayed it far more positive
6. I don't recall missing anything, I had 3 pairs of eyes review it...ppl who hadn't helped me fill it to get a fresh independent review and nothing obvious was noticed
7. Did I mention I would like to be positive and sincerely appreciate rok8man and other's support?!
8. Did I mention I hope NOT!?

So, in a nutshell, I and 3 other ppl don't see any reason for a return, there are numerouis examples of ppl recieving thiers after 30 days and it hasn't been 30 for mine yet...
WTC trace is still in progress...and I hope to have some good news to share soon...

mantikos, good luck with the tracing process. Let me know how it goes, I probably need to do the same soon. Which number did you call? Also, can any one tell me how to create a signature? I tried to find it myself but had no luck. Thanks!

So, the 2nd level agent I spoke with today was kind enough to initiate a trace on the file and has provided me a WTC# which she says would cause them to respoond to me by Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest and she asked me to call them back with the WTC# if I don't hear back in that time frame...well a day or two more and hopefully I should have SOME clue as to what is going on...even if points to Chyba since she said they will start the trace from the mailroom to see who received it and why it hadn't been filed yet

Thanks for sharing this email. I sent a similar email to lockboxsupport@dhs.gov. Hopefully can hear from them soon.

Btw, this is the e-mail I sent:

Hello,

I had mailed in my Adjustment of Status application including forms I-130, I-485, G-325a, G-1145, I-131, I-693, I-765 and I-864 as well as 2 personal checks for the appropriate fees to the Chicago Lockbox facility on 6/28/2011 and it was received and signed for by Agent Chyba on 6/29 at 10:17 am.

The personal checks mailed with the package have not been cashed yet and I have not received an e-mail/text message based on my detail in form G-1145 yet and was hoping to get a status update from you.
Thank you for your time.

mantikos, good luck with the tracing process. Let me know how it goes, I probably need to do the same soon. Which number did you call? Also, can any one tell me how to create a signature? I tried to find it myself but had no luck. Thanks!

Thank you and welcome Apriar...the process to create a sig was detailed a 2-3 pages ago on this thread
Also, the number I called was the standard USCIS 800 number and requested the 2nd tier support...hope that works for mraman as well :)

Thanks for sharing this email. I sent a similar email to lockboxsupport@dhs.gov. Hopefully can hear from them soon.

You are welcome, glad it helped

It officially takes 5 days for them to respond...but most of the time they won't respond
From the link I posted above, I now know that the lockbox is manned by outsourced workers, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence in getting a response...

It appears there are a few cases like yours and mramans (in addition to mine) that have fallen into the longer 4-6 week trajectory...disappointing

Wow now there is three people who are affected by CHYBA from his/her ineptness. I cant see that all three packets are wrong if they are going to be sent back. That would be too much of a coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator: